Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving to letterkenny

Options
  • 26-07-2010 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I was hoping i could get some advice of ye. I am moving to donegal for work in sept. I am thinking Letterkenny would be the best place but where to live there.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

A few old threads on the subject..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055125736

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055924063

A bit more info is needed to give you any sort of decent answer. Age, where you're working, type of accommodation, type of life you want to live etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 colmanfla

i am 30yrs old and i am going to working in sales. I am going to be all over donegal so i think letterkenny would be a good base.
    ps i know no one going there so anywhere that i would be able to meet people would be good
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Hey well yeah i guess Letterkenny would be your best bet for a place to live. It is fairly central to everything and has most of the shops and facilities you need. Are you looking for an apartment or a house? one bedroom or more?

There are several estates around town (Sylvan Park and Ballymacool spring to mind) botha re a little bit out of town (2 minute drive) and there are others past the hospital too but can't think of the name of them. As for apartments Grand central i think are the best in town although if anyone knows of better i'm sure they'll correct me.

As for meeting people what type of hobbies have you? there is a photography club that meets maybve once or sometimes twice a month and myself and 2 others on here go to that. If you are into medieval stuff there is a trying to think of the right way to put this, battle reinactment but they focus more on tactics and styles rather than talking ye old fashioned way. Do a search for eireann edge to find them. Both of these have been mentioned on here before. There is a few other clubs around too and if you give your interests people will give their 2 cents.

Hope this helps and makes sense it's very early for me

• Registered Users Posts: 20 lalalots

humm if ur lookin for apartment id say glenveigh court apartments are the best, they the ones where elverys sports is, brill location in middle of town, nice inside and not to much noise, its mostly students living in grand central

Advertisement