Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piercing scarred bellybutton?

Options
  • 26-07-2010 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

I got my bellybutton pierced when I was about fifteen, it started rejecting though and got badly infected so I took it out when there was just a narrow band of skin covering it. Now I have a horrible scar which I hate. I was wondering if it's possible/sensible to pierce it again to kind of hide the scar? Or is that just a completely mad idea? I don't know what to do about it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

To hide the scar might not really be possible, as they'd probably have to pierce behind the existing scar tissue, and that way the scar would be in front of the piercing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Try using bio-oil or vitamin E to get rid of the scar then get it re-pierced if you want. Bio-oil can work wonders.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

If it was done when you were 15, the scar may not be as prominent to others as it appears to you. If it were possible to get the top hole through the scar and wear the right form of jewellery, it can sometimes be virtually unnoticable.

Advertisement