Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone 360 prepay plan v Meteor Anytime

Options
  • 26-07-2010 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭

Gf is looking to either go on Vodafone 360 with 100mb data or meteor anytime with 250mb data. Apparently with the 360 plan they give you 100mb per day and take 39c out of your credit everyday for the privilage. Not so bad. However with meteor you get 250mb for the entire month..

To me it seems the 360 plan is better value but am I missing something?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

If she doesn't do anything very strenuous or isn't on every day, it's 99c for 50mb for the day on meteor pay as you go, on either free meteor calls and texts or free texts to all networks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Last time I asked VF about this they said the 360 tariff was only available to those customers who had an actual VF 360 handset, namely a H1 or an M1 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

On the vodafone terms and condition for the 360 prepay addon, I pulled out this...

"Under the Offer, Vodafone shall debit, a maximum of €12.09 per month from the Customer’s account, in equal amounts on a daily-rate basis. The Offer only covers data usage on Vodafone’s “Vodafone live!” application. Data usage across any other application will be charged at standard Vodafone mobile internet browsing rates."

Can someone explain to me the limitations of "vodafone live application" and what they mean by "other applications will be charged at standard vodafone rates"? Other applications being youtube are excluded from the offer or what do they mean?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

mondeo wrote: »
    On the vodafone terms and condition for the 360 prepay addon, I pulled out this...

"Under the Offer, Vodafone shall debit, a maximum of €12.09 per month from the Customer’s account, in equal amounts on a daily-rate basis. The Offer only covers data usage on Vodafone’s “Vodafone live!” application. Data usage across any other application will be charged at standard Vodafone mobile internet browsing rates."

Can someone explain to me the limitations of "vodafone live application" and what they mean by "other applications will be charged at standard vodafone rates"? Other applications being youtube are excluded from the offer or what do they mean?

Thanks

Youtube will be fine, youtube isnt really an add, just a bookmark really. Its talking more about VOIP and related stuff, most things will be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 bbor005

Davy wrote: »
    Youtube will be fine, youtube isnt really an add, just a bookmark really. Its talking more about VOIP and related stuff, most things will be fine.

Hi, could anyone clarify this? What exactly is the 'Vodafone Live app'? Would I have to browse the internet through this app? Would you have to download android/iphone apps through Vodafone live?

Would receiving email/updating widgets or RSS feeds etc count as part of this data offer, or would I end up getting charged standard data charges?

If the €12.09 offer is limited to a set number of websites/apps, then it's practically useless for a smartphone where you have a number of different applications all downloading content on the fly.

Advertisement