Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving School/Instructor recommendations

• 26-07-2010 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I'm looking for a good driving school/instructor around the Shannon/Sixmilebridge area.

In particular I'm looking for the opinions of young female drivers, as I'm asking on behalf of a female friend of mine in her early 20's who is slightly nervous! (Though feedback appreciated regardless of gender;))

Would prefer a female instructor (just a preference; would have no probs with a good male instructor!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭MiciG91

jordainius wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm looking for a good driving school/instructor around the Shannon/Sixmilebridge area.

In particular I'm looking for the opinions of young female drivers, as I'm asking on behalf of a female friend of mine in her early 20's who is slightly nervous! (Though feedback appreciated regardless of gender;))

Would prefer a female instructor (just a preference; would have no probs with a good male instructor!)

I dont think their is any female driving instructors due to the RSA's policy with minimal spacial awareness i don't think females have any

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Serious replies only here, please.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

jordainius wrote: »

The only female instructors I know are based in Newmarket. Although, one of them I think only takes people for pre-test lessons. They other lady I went with but didn't find her great. Felt after a while I was competent to drive but she was constantly taking control with the dual pedals.

There a number of intstructors listed here and I see one is based in Sixmilebridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

Helen's school of motoring covers the Shannon/Sixmilebridge area.
    Lovely girl. I'll PM on the details to you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Sean Dorris. SD Driving School. He is based in the Bridge, but originally from Shannon. He's my best mate but dont let that influence anything. He is a great teacher and AFAIK has a near perfect pass record.
    PM me if you want his number.

• Advertisement
Advertisement