Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Starbucks??

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

There is apparently a Coffee Shop now open in the Milk Market(recently) if somebody can confirm. Haven't been down there myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

Yes Ponaire coffee. They also have a cafe and roasting facility in Annacotty business park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

lasno wrote: »
    Yes Ponaire coffee. They also have a cafe and roasting facility in Annacotty business park.

Got a beautiful coffee from ponaire in the market and sat upstairs watching the craft market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

Berty wrote: »
    There is apparently a Coffee Shop now open in the Milk Market(recently) if somebody can confirm. Haven't been down there myself.

Must call in tomorrow to see You in action ;)

Their coffee shop out in annacotty industrial est is nice

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Visited Tribes today whilst in Cork. Really nice place. Nice Elektra Coffee machine.

Negative. I asked the "Barista" what Coffee she was using and she hadn't a clue and couldn't find a bag to find out. :mad:

Are baristas that important?so how long as the coffee isnt brutal im happy plus people dont want mad prices either for fancy coffee

baza1976 wrote: »
    Must call in tomorrow to see You in action ;)

Nothing to do with me. Although I might drop in for a look in the afternoon when I get to town.
    baza1976 wrote: »
    Their coffee shop out in annacotty industrial est is nice

Might have a snoop around tomorrow(if open). Its always nice to see micro roasters as long as the product is good and varied.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

Might have a snoop around tomorrow(if open). Its always nice to see micro roasters as long as the product is good and varied.

Don't think they are opened weekends in annacotty, just Mon - Fri.

Very nice people they are......... no connection with me by the way!!!!

bigpink wrote: »
    Are baristas that important?so how long as the coffee isnt brutal im happy plus people dont want mad prices either for fancy coffee

You would be very surprised how bad a Coffee can actually be.

Examples of some KPI's.

How long can Coffee stay in the hopper?
    How long can Coffee stay ground before use?
    What is the difference in Cappuccino milk and Latte milk?
    Which milk jug should you use ^^^ for that milk?
    What temp should the milk be?
    How do you tamp the Coffee?
    How long should the water extraction be from the machine?

If a "Barista" cannot answer those or get near to an answer then the Coffee is going to be bad and badly made. Ok, Joe Customer wont ask those questions but Coffee can be bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Ponaire in annacotty won lots of awards for their coffee including best coffee in ireland from irish independent.

Never been there, must drop down to one in market see if its nice.

Ponaire in annacotty won lots of awards for their coffee including best coffee in ireland from irish independent.

Never been there, must drop down to one in market see if its nice.

I know of another Coffee Roaster whom was contacted by Georgina Campbells asking to review his Coffee. He wrote back asking them to provide their accrediations to confirm they can accurately assess his Coffee. He has not head back from them. :D Fair play to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

I know of another Coffee Roaster whom was contacted by Georgina Campbells asking to review his Coffee. He wrote back asking them to provide their accrediations to confirm they can accurately assess his Coffee. He has not head back from them. :D Fair play to him.

lol definitely fair play to him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

So the guy was afraid to get his product reviewed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

bigpink wrote: »
    So the guy was afraid to get his product reviewed?

No, just wanted it done by someone who had the ability to review it correctly.

Advertisement