Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small problem

• 26-07-2010 11:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

Right guys I just have a small problem and I'm trying to fix it. I'm with eircom hence the problem. ;)

Well anyways the DSL sync light of the router goes off about 3-4 times today but it comes back straight away. It's not that annoying but a tad during gaming when it disconnects during a clan war etc or just playing with a few friends.

So does anyone know the reasoning or is it just my line or something?
    I just had a glance at the settings and I don't have a clue really is it anything there which might cause it I could change?

Cheers for any help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Line stats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

jor el wrote: »
    Line stats.
    Where would I go about finding them?

Sorry I'm a noob. :o

In the modem. If you've been looking at the settings, then you already know how to get in there. Attenuation and SNR (or SNR Margin) are what's needed.

This what I got:
    Downstream Upstream
    SN Margin (dB): 23.00 8.00
    Line Attention (dB): 36.00 20.00

Nothing wrong with those numbers. Does this happen all the time, or was it just 1 day? You may need to check with eircom support.

• Advertisement

jor el wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with those numbers. Does this happen all the time, or was it just 1 day? You may need to check with eircom support.
    Its been happening the past 2-3 weeks. Guess I'll give them a buzz so. Thanks.

Advertisement