Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Free Texts

Options
  • 26-07-2010 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

I'm getting the meteor free texts and calls to all Meteor now for 20euro a month...
    I got my 28 days warning there yesterday so my 30 days is up Tuesday...

The question I have is - if I don't top up til say next Saturday will my free texts/calls deal be renewed on Saturday after I top up or do I have to resend the text to (50077????? - unsure of number)

I won't be using my phone til next Saturday again and that's why I'm asking so I can get an extra 4-5 days on my 20 euro basically...

anyone know what the story is with this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭sean corcoran

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    I'm getting the meteor free texts and calls to all Meteor now for 20euro a month...
    I got my 28 days warning there yesterday so my 30 days is up Tuesday...

The question I have is - if I don't top up til say next Saturday will my free texts/calls deal be renewed on Saturday after I top up or do I have to resend the text to (50077????? - unsure of number)

I won't be using my phone til next Saturday again and that's why I'm asking so I can get an extra 4-5 days on my 20 euro basically...

anyone know what the story is with this
    you can go 6 months without credit if you want all you have to do is top up €20 no need to text again

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

you will get them automatically soon after you top up...it can be after a week or 2 or more...not like the crappy o2 system!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Nope they are a day or two if you go a second over =\ hate the network, going back to meteor:)

• Advertisement

mmm well you have to top up on time on o2...or you will have issues and will prob have to ring customer care to activate them again...i had loads of problems when i was on them if i didn't top up when i was informed that i would have to...very annoying..!

yeah same goes for meteor unless its the weekend it might take 30 mins or so but o2 system is crap from what i experienced it when i was on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Spooky1666

I'm on o2 now and I have to admit that it is a bit stupid that it's not instant. Takes up to 48 hrs :s but usually only 24 hours, was never more then that for me :) and they do send you a text when its ready. I suppose the system is set up like that just so that they can get that extra cash from you while your waiting for your free texts/calls.

l i dont know :) usually i get a notification from meteor that i have top up...but i forget and the credit i had left goes out :) on texts and calls after the 30 days period ended

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

yeah you get the message that you've topped up and a message saying your still availing of free texts...

just wasn't sure if I had to top up within the 30 days is all...

thanks for the heads up guys.. question answered :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 han.

it will automatically just be renewed.
    you will recieve a text message saying you have topped up by 20 euro.. then you will get a message saying you will recieve free calls and texts for the next 30 days :D

Advertisement