Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Restringing ukulele

• 27-07-2010 12:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I just got given a ukulele for my birthday, it's one of the Mahalo ones, so I know not top quality or anything, but i do want to learn how to play well enough to think about upgrading, so would it be worth it to buy new strings, and restring it, would it be better/ go out of tune less often?

If so, anyone have any string recommendations?

Zo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭Strings.ie

Aquila strings are generally considered some of the best Ukulele strings.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭thewintermute

Strings.ie wrote: »
    Aquila strings are generally considered some of the best Ukulele strings.

Aquila strings are definitely the Daddy, have a look at Ukeireland.com for lessons, advice etc. We're a very friendly gang and you will progress a lot quicker with group playing. It's also great for trying out other folks ukes.Next meet is on th 14th of this month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

cool thanks! dont know if i'll make it to that but i like the sound of it! will i be shunned with my little red mahalo though? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭thewintermute

zoegh wrote: »
    cool thanks! dont know if i'll make it to that but i like the sound of it! will i be shunned with my little red mahalo though? :P

Absolutely not!

It's our 2nd anniversary on Saturday, so there's drinks in the Eagle House in Sandycove after, drinks and tunes in the room garden, weather permitting.
    We're very welcoming of new members. Feel free to drop in.

Advertisement