Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Kane and Lynch demo on xbox live now

• 27-07-2010 12:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭

Get it. Maybe we can organise some Fragile Alliance?

Or not.. its pretty terrible haha

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'll give it a go but words cannot describe my loathing of the first one,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

The demo is terrible!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

possibly the worst game ever made for the xbox shocking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Not sure what demo you lads have been playing, but this is quite cool. I like the art style a lot and the combat is about a million times better than the first game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

It takes about 3 clips to kill someone.. Seriously like. (multiplayer)

The cover system is fairly bad getting in and out of cover in different spots is a hassle to say the least.

TONS of enemies in the single player felt like COD where they keep re-spawning.

I think the multiplayer is alright, only full of glitches. At one point all the other players were floating around across the ground.

Aiming and shooting just feels wrong. Feels like Metro 2033.

Its better than the 1st game but not by much. I was expecting a vast improvment. Im actually disappointed because I was really looking forward to this game! I loved the 1st one! Totally let down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

they really dropped the ball on the first game. I've kicked off the download for the demo on this one. Looks like they may have goosed it again though judging by some early comments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Must download this and give it a go...

I quite enjoyed the Fragile Alliance MP in the 1st one, that was all I enjoyed about it though.
    dazftw wrote: »
    It takes about 3 clips to kill someone.. Seriously like. (multiplayer)

This could be a deal breaker for me!!!!

It's every bit as bad as the 1st one, possibly worse because of how I read it would be better and was expecting great things..... more fool me :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

absolutely dreadful game im actually shocked how bad this is:mad:

I must be the only person who didn't hate this....

I like the multiplayer, they better sort that issue of how hard people are to kill, a full clip should kill them.

I like the style of it...looks great....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

Its not terrible, the whole "youtube amateur video" look is a pretty nifty idea but the online lag is crippling..

I played this again tonight and ive changed my opinion on it. I quite like it now. I couldn't find a multiplayer game though so hadn't tried the multiplayer again.

Regardless I was going to buy it anyway just for the story.

Do you guys wanna get a game going maybe?

Ya...I'd be on for a few games of FA. Had a few yesterday its really good, you just don't know who is going to betray you or not. People were going mad giving out to traitors, but its part of the game.

I shot a few traitors that was it, no point becoming a traitor then having to worry about the AI cops, Player cops, and crooks.

Will probably get this too for the multiplayer and I like the visual style they went for. If the single player is good it will be a bonus.

Whats your tag dazftw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

ill try the demo again but couldnt stand it first time around well maybe second play will persuade me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

The one improvement I can see first hand is that it plays a bit more fluid than the first one. At least it doesn't take you an age to line up a shot with precision aim.

Cover system is extremely bad. It's just annoying me now.

It's an improvement on the first but I definitely won't be buying this. Might be worth a rental though.

yea I had bought into the hype of the developers but the demo is somewhat underwhelming. I do quite like the grainy gritty style of it but as has been said the cover system is kinda broken and I've often found Kanes head getting in the way of what i'm trying to aim at which is not good. Unless reviews hit saying it's amazing i'll be skipping it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

djkeogh wrote: »
    yea I had bought into the hype of the developers but the demo is somewhat underwhelming. I do quite like the grainy gritty style of it but as has been said the cover system is kinda broken and I've often found Kanes head getting in the way of what i'm trying to aim at which is not good. Unless reviews hit saying it's amazing i'll be skipping it.

Some reviews claimed the first one was amazing and it was anything but. Wonder if they'll pay them off again to say nice things.

It's an improvement yes but it still feels horrible to play. I appreciate the effort in the developers wanting to make up for what was a crap original but I can't see many sales for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I liked the first one but the same issues still blobber up the demo. PLEASE let the final release be great, getting bord of the xbox. Need something to freshen things up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

As expected NEGATIVITY!

I'll give it a shot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I played the first on when it was out a few years ago. It was alright I guess, but I am going to get the second one just to see what its like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Played the demo and thought it was a lot smoother than the first with gameplay, but still a bit all over the place. I have the feeling it's the type of game where I'll get halfway through the game and end up throwing my control at something and breaking it (the thing the control hits, not the control cos they never seem to break)

But I'll see what reviews are like, hopefully nobody gets fired this time around :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Played and loved the first one myself, I really liked the club level , felt very like collateral.

After playing the demo i love the visual style of it with the neon lighting on the streets, the home video style view and the general atmosphere but the shooting feels very off indeed. Slow and slugish, guns dont fell or sound like they have any weight behind them. The cover mechic is the biggest let down, its super slow, difficult to use and even harder to figure whats useable cover. If we could only transplant the cover / shooting mechanic from gears or splinter cell conviction to this game I would pick it up in a heartbeat but otherwise I will get a pre owned copy down the road.

*oh on the plus side the frame rate is REALLY nice and smooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

DaveyDave wrote: »
    But I'll see what reviews are like, hopefully nobody gets fired this time around :pac:

It was the best thing that ever happened, we got Giantbomb didn't we?

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Ya...I'd be on for a few games of FA. Had a few yesterday its really good, you just don't know who is going to betray you or not. People were going mad giving out to traitors, but its part of the game.

I shot a few traitors that was it, no point becoming a traitor then having to worry about the AI cops, Player cops, and crooks.

Will probably get this too for the multiplayer and I like the visual style they went for. If the single player is good it will be a bonus.

Whats your tag dazftw?

Your probably not playing it but my tag is daz0rz...

I was away the last week :rolleyes:

Did anyone actually buy this?

Game is about 4 hours long. Short but sweet in my opinion :)

Hopefully the multiplayer will hook me like last time.

didn't realise it was out. I liked the art style of the game and the gritty feel to it but the controls and gameplay in the demo were a let down. I'm interested enough to want to play it but it sounds more like a rental with that short a single player game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Ok game, not great but defo not ****e.

Controls are much different in the full game oddly enough. Much more responsive.

Game is good not worth 50. Maybe 30 - 40. If your not interested in the mulitplayer just rent it.

Saw HMV (Drogheda not sure if all ) were giving free MS points with it on Xbox or a Leon blueray on PS3

• Advertisement

So anyone playing the multiplayer?

Have to say am loving the Undercover Cop game mode!

If anyone is playing let me know, we must have a few games, GT: The Batman IRL.

Advertisement