Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan primera Audio system Replacement

Options
  • 27-07-2010 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi I have a Nissan Primera SVE 2005 Vehicle. I got an audio system that only plays CD..
    I need to replace it with a new audio system that plays MP3.
    Whetehr i can replace it with upmarket audio systems??
    whether it support current display system??
    Whetehr i can take out the current audio system and place the new system in that area(I cudnt find any other place on the dash where i can put another audio system)..
    Any help appriciated.. Thanx in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

These Primeras has an audio integrated with whole car electonic system, so pretty much you can't take it out. Without it car will not start.
    I personally just bought MP3 FM transmitter for 10 euros on ebay and it works for me.
    But there's a lot's of different tricks you can do.
    You can plug in additional radio, and plug it into the car speakers.
    Some people ever made a trick with pluggin an video output from dvd player into a integrated primera screen.
    Go through google to find some ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

There's also a thing Called X-Carlink, which is a small box that gives you line-in, to let you plug in an mp3 player, etc. It emulates a cd changer. I put one in my Almera. Easy enough to install, but a bit pricey (~€110) for what they are.

Advertisement