Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De La Salle Virtual Tour

• 27-07-2010 12:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

De La Salle

My latest camera expedition.. i think it came out ok for a first attempt.

The link brings you to a 360 degree virtual tour of DeLaSalle college, you can move it around by clicking and moving mouse, using the arrow keys or with the embedded controls.

Gonna try and make a few more of various parts of the city

I'll keep you posted

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

john roberts square would be a good one or the peoples park , de la salle looks as depressing as ever..... good work though !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Nice, well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Ah you've just reminded me to start getting school books and uniforms, I dread the cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Brilliant idea! on the mobile now but will check it out later. i feel nostalgia coming on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

daftdave wrote: »
    john roberts square would be a good one or the peoples park , de la salle looks as depressing as ever..... good work though !

Had to pick somewhere queit to try the first time

you cant really do it in a busy spot because it takes so many photos.... people will be there one min and gone the next so when ou go to join it all together you get a ghost effect

have it on my list of places to do though...maybe early some morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Unless you do it at 6 in the morning when nobody is about ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Or 6 in the evening..... when nobody is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Who's the statue of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Erm,,, i dont know,,,, More Mount Sion man myself :p

takola wrote: »
    Who's the statue of?

My son's just told me it's St. John (Jean?) Baptiste De La Salle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

takola wrote: »
    Who's the statue of?
    I've been up and down that pathway several times a day for 5 years of me life, and the only thing I remember about that statue is the way the outgoing 6th years "decorated" it every year.

I'd take a wild guess at John Baptist de La Salle..

Edit: Ninja'd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

when i seen this post i taught it would have been a visual tour of inside the school itself cause its 2010 but hey how bad,tis deadly :),if ya could get iniside the school for a few pics of the corridors,the extension,back of the science labs and the gym and the back of the gym,the dentention (study hall) haha that would be some trip down memory lane ,,

The school's website has a video tour of the school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

KingLoser wrote: »
    I've been up and down that pathway several times a day for 5 years of me life, and the only thing I remember about that statue is the way the outgoing 6th years "decorated" it every year.
    Think that might have been my year....wasn't me though!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Typhoon. wrote: »
    De La Salle

My latest camera expedition.. i think it came out ok for a first attempt.

The link brings you to a 360 degree virtual tour of DeLaSalle college, you can move it around by clicking and moving mouse, using the arrow keys or with the embedded controls.

Gonna try and make a few more of various parts of the city

I'll keep you posted
    Nice job, what programme did you use to put the shot together. Sorry complete novice:o

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭leg

deisemum wrote: »
    My son's just told me it's St. John (Jean?) Baptiste De La Salle.

Against popular belief its not actually john baptiste de la salle its actually the first principal of the school (cant think of his name off hand). I think that might have only been discovered this year though

Advertisement