Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Am I turning into a big baby?

• 27-07-2010 2:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi I kinda feel weird about all this so I thought here would be good place to throw it out.

I've been with girlfriend nearly a year now and we love each other to bits.
    We spend most nights together.
    When we lie in bed I usually end up lying the girly way. Like resting my head on her chest or with my legs wrapped around her.
    I spose it gets weirder because some nights I'll fall asleep sucking on her nipple like a baby or she'll kinda rock me. I dont ask her to do these things its just the way I feel most comfortable. As a man in his mid twenties I think this is weird. I was with other girls before who I never acted like this with.
    My OH doesnt mind, she thinks its cute when I go all babyish curling up next to her etc etc
    She'll even pull me in closer if i lie like that.
    I spose im worried if this is odd behaviour nd should i see a councellor

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I would have thought once you both enjoy it in the privacy of your own home, who cares if it's unusual!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Nope, this is normal. OP. My OH and myself chop and change our sleeping positions and he likes to do something like this as well (minus the rocking). I think it´s sweet. Anything you do behind closed doors that´s okay with you both is "normal". Humans and everything we do is a big load of "grey area".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

Yes, you are acting like a big girls blouse :P
    Seriously though, do what you want but I think it's important to retain an air of manliness and not to act like a complete puff once in a relationship

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

There are manly ways and girlie ways to fall asleep with your partner now?
    If you are both happy then I don't see what the issue is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Please don't worry about this op. We can't help the way we fall asleep and i'll bet there are plenty of adults that fall asleep sucking their thumbs, or feeling comfort blankets and don't admit it. (I know of one that sleeps not a million miles away from me that does both of the above ;)) There are no 'manly' or 'feminine' ways to sleep. Please stop worrying and just enjoy the fact that you are so close and comfortable with your girlfriend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

bigbaby wrote: »
    I spose it gets weirder because some nights I'll fall asleep sucking on her nipple like a baby or she'll kinda rock me.

If this is true then I do think its a bit weird. She is not your suckling Mother, she is a separate sexual being, with whom you are having (I hope) and adutl sexual relationship...

Do you think she is your Mother? If so, that opens a whole other can of worms. have you done this with anyone else? Does she not think its weird?

SarahSassy wrote: »
    If this is true then I do think its a bit weird. She is not your suckling Mother, she is a separate sexual being, with whom you are having (I hope) and adutl sexual relationship...

Do you think she is your Mother? If so, that opens a whole other can of worms. have you done this with anyone else? Does she not think its weird?

Does he think she is his mother? Hold your horses there Sigmund Freud! Why would he think she´s his mother unless he was some way not all there upstairs? I´m sure he knows perfectly well he´s his girlfriend. He stated that she find it "cute". Men suck women´s nipples during sex and it´s completely normal and I know both men and women enjoy it. This is just an extension of this.

Do you like to feel protected by a man sometimes? Same goes for men. Nothing weird about it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

I think it's a bit weird and a grown man curling up like a baby and wanting to suck on my nipples simulating a child feeding rather than an adult sexual encounter would put the kibosh on any and all sexual attraction I felt for him - but this isn't about me.

If you like it and your girlfriend likes it then it isn't an issue - I wouldn't think you need counselling either. People have all manner of fetishes and quirks, what constitutes "normal" is usually very subjective.

Best of luck

I think it's a bit weird and a grown man curling up like a baby and wanting to suck on my nipples simulating a child feeding rather than an adult sexual encounter would put the kibosh on any and all sexual attraction I felt for him

+ 1

I dont need to have a PHD, if I think its weird then its weird to me.... The first thing I thought of was the Little Britain sketch where the mid-30's man was still being breastfed by his Mother :)

Haha....okay. Now I´ve got that Little Britain image in my head and in that case, yeah, it´s odd. I think it´s different because they´re in bed. They´re not sitting there watching the telly with him up on her knees while she breast feeds him...just sounds like a very comfortable sleeping position.

Sucking a woman´s nipples during sex is similar, no? Perhaps the fact that he´s sleeping makes it different...my man is usually awake....ah well. Each to their own.

• Advertisement

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    Sucking a woman´s nipples during sex is similar, no?

This is where we differ - I dont think so.
    I'll fall asleep sucking on her nipple like a baby
    It sounds like he is nuzzling her breast to get him off (pardon the pun) to sleep..

TBH I think its a wind up but good luck to them - what ever you are into :)

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    Sucking a woman´s nipples during sex is similar, no?

No. There is absolutely nothing about hornily grabbing and playing, licking or flicking a woman's nipples during a highly sexually charges sexual encounter that is akin to being rocked like a baby while sucking on her breast going to sleep. One is assertive, dominant behaviour the other is passive and child-like. As far as I'm concerned breastfeeding is not sexy, regardless of the size of the child. :)

No. There is absolutely nothing about hornily grabbing and playing, licking or flicking a woman's nipples during a highly sexually charges sexual encounter that is akin to being rocked like a baby while sucking on her breast going to sleep. One is assertive, dominant behaviour the other is passive and child-like. As far as I'm concerned breastfeeding is not sexy, regardless of the size of the child. :)

Fair enough. I get your point. I think I´d another image in my head. I don´t think I read the post properly. The first part about him putting his head on her chest and wrapping himself around her is normal. The rest of it is unusual alright but jaysus, I wouldn´t say we know half of what goes on behind the closed doors of others ;)

Yeah, I'd say on the scale of things, it's probably at the more milder end of the spectrum. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Herbal Deity

Erm... it's not like she's lactating, this has nothing to do with breastfeeding.

It has nothing to do with sex either. It's not done in a sexual context. It's not a fetish.

Going to sleep resting your head on your partner's breasts seems profoundly normal to me. Gently licking her breasts sucking her nipples while going to sleep? Doesn't seem like a huge stretch from this or in any way abnormal. I imagine it'd feel good and be quite relaxing for his partner also.

No need to be jumping to conclusions about the OP having some weird disorder where he thinks his gf is his mother or rigidly defining what is "normal" or what an "adult sexual relationship" is.

Curling up like a baby and sucking on a woman's breast as a comfort/while going to sleep (by your own admission outwith a sexual context) is nothing like breast feeding? I can only assume you have never breast fed. :pac:

Erm... it's not like she's lactating, this has nothing to do with breastfeeding.

It has nothing to do with sex either. It's not done in a sexual context. It's not a fetish.

Going to sleep resting your head on your partner's breasts seems profoundly normal to me. Gently licking her breasts sucking her nipples while going to sleep? Doesn't seem like a huge stretch from this or in any way abnormal. I imagine it'd feel good and be quite relaxing for his partner also.

No need to be jumping to conclusions about the OP having some weird disorder where he thinks his gf is his mother or rigidly defining what is "normal" or what an "adult sexual relationship" is.

In your opinion...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭George Orwell 1982

I agree with sarahsassy and Ickle Magoo. Its a tad OTT.

Curling up like a baby and sucking on a woman's breast as a comfort/while going to sleep (by your own admission outwith a sexual context) is nothing like breast feeding? I can only assume you have never breast fed. :pac:
    I said "nothing to do with", not "nothing like". Quite a big difference.

Of course the act somewhat resembles breastfeeding. But there's no actual "feeding" going on.

I don't get why comparisons to Little Britain have been made, or why people have been saying they personally think it's weird, that's irrelevant. The point is this is not a big deal in the slightest.

Same difference. Nursing children often suckle or nuzzle without taking any milk just for comfort or to help them go to sleep. It's almost as much a part of breast feeding as the actual sucking vigorously to get a proper feed. Throw in the rocking and curling up and you have a very large version of breast feeding - to suggest there is no connection sounds suspiciously like denial.

The OP said they felt weird and wondered if it was odd - I think it's fair to say that many men and women would find it odd but as I said in my first post, that doesn't mean squat as long as the OP and his girlfriend are enjoying it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

jessiejam banned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi Op here again

Just to respond too a few.

I never did this with anyone else I was with. Just kind of started sleeping like this one night when she was on the laptop sitting up in bed and I wanted to go to sleep so I cuddled up next to her nd then she put the laptop away and I just ended up there.
    I suppose with other girls I always felt like I had to be the protector etc etc

I do still sleep the "manly" way lol but not every night we're together. I spose its nice cos for a change i feel protected.

I defo though am all man when it comes to sex!

TBH I think we're both weird she likes to be protecting and I like to be protected :S

But it still worries me!!

Same difference. Nursing children often suckle or nuzzle without taking any milk just for comfort or to help them go to sleep. It's almost as much a part of breast feeding as the actual sucking vigorously to get a proper feed. Throw in the rocking and curling up and you have a very large version of breast feeding - to suggest there is no connection sounds suspiciously like denial.
    Well, IMO it would only be breastfeeding when the baby is actually feeding... When they're sucking without feeding then it's a comfort thing, separate to feeding. Call me pedantic if you like, but that was all I meant when I said it has nothing to do with breastfeeding.

Yeah... way off topic here...

There's nothing to worry about OP!

Well, IMO it would only be breastfeeding when the baby is actually feeding... When they're sucking without feeding then it's a comfort thing, separate to feeding.

Okay - but women who don't breastfeed don't put a child on the breast. The only reason a child is on the breast and able to nuzzle or suckle is that they are being breastfed. Your complete refusal to accept that is just bizarre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

It does seem strangely infantilizing.

Sorry. I think it's weird.

Hi Op here again

Just to respond too a few.

I never did this with anyone else I was with. Just kind of started sleeping like this one night when she was on the laptop sitting up in bed and I wanted to go to sleep so I cuddled up next to her nd then she put the laptop away and I just ended up there.
    I suppose with other girls I always felt like I had to be the protector etc etc

I do still sleep the "manly" way lol but not every night we're together. I spose its nice cos for a change i feel protected.

I defo though am all man when it comes to sex!

TBH I think we're both weird she likes to be protecting and I like to be protected :S

Don't let it worry you - you and your girlfriend set the parameters for what is normal within your relationship. As long as you are both happy then what the wider world thinks or how it gauges what you do is largely irrelevant. :)

Okay - but women who don't breastfeed don't put a child on the breast. The only reason a child is on the breast and able to nuzzle or suckle is that they are being breastfed. Your complete refusal to accept that is just bizarre.
    Refusal to accept what? :confused:

Psychologically, this may be rooted in the comfort he derived from suckling on his mother's breast as an infant. In fact, I've heard hypotheses that suggest all male desire to touch or lick/suck breasts/nipples stems from this.

But I wasn't denying any of that.

My point was:
    - He's not actually feeding off her
    - I don't think it's that weird

Refusal to accept what? :confused:

Psychologically, this may be rooted in the comfort he derived from suckling on his mother's breast as an infant. In fact, I've heard hypotheses that suggest all male desire to touch or lick/suck breasts/nipples stems from this.

But I wasn't denying any of that.

My point was:
    - He's not actually feeding off her
    - I don't think it's that weird

You stated that breastfeeding was only when milk was passing the child's lips, refusing to accept that breastfeeding wasn't just about milk consumption. I don't know anyone who puts a child on the breast if they are not breastfeeding, suckling or nuzzling at the breast is an innate part of breastfeeding - whether milk is being let down or sucked or not.

I don't think sucking breasts or nipples is weird, I like having my breasts and nipples stimulated and I imagine breast fondling and licking is common place in most sexual relationships - what I think is weird is doing it in a non-sexual way while being held and rocked like a baby to get to sleep - re-enacting the behaviour of a breastfeeding mother and her baby but between two sexually active adults.

We just stop doing it...

• Advertisement

But babies continue to do it when they have been weaned as a comfort thing....

Look at his username FFS

Advertisement