Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Holiday Weekend

Options
  • 27-07-2010 2:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

Hey there, anyone got any ideas about whats happening in the city over the weekend? Heading down from Dublin with a few lads (all ~21yo)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

not exactly the city but close enough... http://www.mitchelstownfest.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

karmabass wrote: »
    Hey there, anyone got any ideas about whats happening in the city over the weekend? Heading down from Dublin with a few lads (all ~21yo)

Iv said this before, you'll have a great weekend in Cork if ye leave the dub attitude of "yiz are all culchies" at home. Otherwise your gonna get alot and alot of trouble, especially on a bank holiday. Only saw it again last Friday, dubs arent usually welcomed very nicely here but if you act nice, you'll be treated nice.

The place will be buzzing for the b/h, everywhere in city center will be buzy so enjoy the weekend

CHealy wrote: »
    Iv said this before, you'll have a great weekend in Cork if ye leave the dub attitude of "yiz are all culchies" at home. Otherwise your gonna get alot and alot of trouble, especially on a bank holiday. Only saw it again last Friday, dubs arent usually welcomed very nicely here but if you act nice, you'll be treated nice.

im a dub and ive been living in cork for the past 8 months.
    i havent had a bit of trouble or seen any or even when ive had a few visitors down from dub. so dont be put off by comments like these. you shouldnt have to be warned before going someone in your own country???

there is horse racing on in Mallow on the 1st and 2nd, only a short train ride away.
    http://www.corkracecourse.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

stevexo wrote: »
    im a dub and ive been living in cork for the past 8 months.
    i havent had a bit of trouble or seen any or even when ive had a few visitors down from dub. so dont be put off by comments like these. you shouldnt have to be warned before going someone in your own country???

Fair enough, but as a paramedic I see this stuff all the time in this city, and at least once a month its a group of Dubs that have been set upon by Cork lads that I have to attend too, be it lads on a weekend break, living here or the soccer fans. And 9 times out of ten they've been set upon for being idiots basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

The culchie thing hadn't even crossed my mind to be honest

We've gone on weekends to Galway and Donegal already this year and haven't had any trouble..

Festival looks good but we'd rather stay in the city centre and soak up the atmosphere! We're staying in Bru Bar hostel on MacCurtain street

Can anyone recommend some nightlife? Some clubs would be good, we're all into dance - house & electro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Ye should enjoy this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

there is Oliver plunkett street, old oak bar and a new club called society which I've yet to go to.
    Havana browns and soho are nice places to go to aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pamhilts

Well..Thats Great i enjoyed the weekend its really great......the bank weekend holiday i admire the most...its really give the full positive energy.....Its good beginning in every way,.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 _Kaz_

Group of us are heading up on Sunday night but want to avoid Havanas and Classic, both of which we've overdone a bit. Not sure where else we can go for similar kinda experience - chart music etc. Anyone have any ideas? :)

_Kaz_ wrote: »
    Group of us are heading up on Sunday night but want to avoid Havanas and Classic, both of which we've overdone a bit. Not sure where else we can go for similar kinda experience - chart music etc. Anyone have any ideas? :)
    door 51, soho - both on grande parade.
    bailey - just off washington street.
    old oak - oliver plunket st.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭nellocono

Try the Bodgea on Coal quay...its a late bar/nightclub...pretty cool

I wouldn't go near the Old Oak, last chance saloon sort of a spot, awful place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 _Kaz_

Thanks for all the tips - they are all open late are they Stevexo? Heard about Bodega, seems like a nice spot. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭rebelccfc

karmabass wrote: »
    The culchie thing hadn't even crossed my mind to be honest

We've gone on weekends to Galway and Donegal already this year and haven't had any trouble..

Festival looks good but we'd rather stay in the city centre and soak up the atmosphere! We're staying in Bru Bar hostel on MacCurtain street

Can anyone recommend some nightlife? Some clubs would be good, we're all into dance - house & electro

The Bru is a great spot. Bar doesn't close til well into the early hours. I have been there til 5am many times. Nice talent stay there too.. Just depends really.

Thanks for all the tips - they are all open late are they Stevexo? Heard about Bodega, seems like a nice spot. Cheers!
    door 51 - closes normal time
    soho - think its late enough
    bailey - late bar with dj
    old oak - late bar every night of the week

ill be in all 4 anyway almost every night this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

and dont forget An Bróg too;):P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Cubins. It's across & down a bit from Havanas, on the same street. You've probably seen it before anyway. I couldn't recommend tbh :)
    But it would be along the same lines as Havanas, so ye should enjoy it.

corkcomp wrote: »
    and dont forget An Bróg too;):P
    no no no, forget an brog, everyone should forget an brog!

pamhilts wrote: »
    Well..Thats Great i enjoyed the weekend its really great......the bank weekend holiday i admire the most...its really give the full positive energy.....Its good beginning in every way,.........

hmm spam

stevexo wrote: »
    no no no, forget an brog, everyone should forget an brog!

worst place ever...

• Advertisement
Advertisement