Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chancing my arm with late application

Options
  • 27-07-2010 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

hello!

just have a quick question and was wondering if anyone had been in the same position previously.
    I have been given voluntary redundancy in the job meaning i finish up working in September. I decided last minute to apply to the CAO for a few science degree courses with "intro to Science" in DCU being my preferred choice.
    Now, as required, i had contacted DCU prior to making the application - spoke to a very helpful lady in the science department who told me she would be delighted to interview me for the course but I would have to check with registry first as I had missed their mature-student deadline. Spoke to registry hoping to smooth talk my way in but to no avail, they just told me i had missed the deadline and were making no exceptions, so much for my smooth talking ability :o

long story short, i've stuck the course down on my application anyway hoping maybe there could be a few places left over after the whole offers process. Realistically though, what are the chances of this happening? Has anyone else had a similar experience?

I wouldn't be too devastated if i missed out this year as I can do a bit of travelling then come back and apply properly next year but would much prefer to get started sooner rather than later.

Would be very interested to hear if someone has been in the same situation, any suggestions greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 baddler

surely someone has done this before?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Yes, and they've gotten the same response.

Go travelling...come back and reapply in good time next year. Sure, it'll do you good!

Advertisement