Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

assemblies in autocad 3d

Options
  • 27-07-2010 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

have loads of university experience in using the common 3d modelling packages such as proE, mechanical desktop, solid works and solid edge. in my new job they only have autodad 2010, i picked it up easily as its relatively similar to mech desktop.
    i have been generating some models of new products i am designing but i am not sure of the best way to approach assemblies as they are no assembly files as far as i can see and everything is dwg file. currently i use the xref function to build models, is the best approach?
    i am not very happy with this approach as it generates issues with my layer structure and reconciling new layers, etc.

thanks

Advertisement