Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power washer

• 27-07-2010 11:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where to pick up a good power washer and what i can expect to pay?

I want to clean patio, strip varnish from decking and strip paint from som radiators that i've take off the wall and want to touch up.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

A power washer capable of stripping paint would be a high pressure industrial type and very expensive. One like that would, I would think, damage your decking. A low cost DIY type machine from Homebase or B&Q would, I guess, cost around €100 and would clean your pathways OK. The decking would need a sander, and you might be able to clean up the radiators with wire wool before re-painting.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

Power washer for cleaning footpaths, i'd say you'd want to be going €350 to €500.

RYOBI do a nice little unit on wheels with few attachments and buckets etc.

Try Woodies/Atlantic homecare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Power washer for cleaning footpaths, i'd say you'd want to be going €350 to €500.

RYOBI do a nice little unit on wheels with few attachments and buckets etc.

Try Woodies/Atlantic homecare

Homebase own brand machine for about €90 is kick ass at cleaning footpaths. If its only for domestic use, there's no need for spending big bucks

Advertisement