Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suits - USA Network *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

miralize wrote: »

Mike is proof that you can be an excellent lawyer without Harvard though. He may be the catalyst to drive change to Pearson-*insert name here*
    That's the thing, Mike isn't an excellent lawyer. IMO the show clearly shows Mike makes mistakes because he is cocky and doesn't necessarily think things through. Would Harvard have changed him if he went there, perhaps. But the show is about the Mike/Harvey team.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

That's the thing, Mike isn't an excellent lawyer. IMO the show clearly shows Mike makes mistakes because he is cocky and doesn't necessarily think things through. Would Harvard have changed him if he went there, perhaps. But the show is about the Mike/Harvey team.

He makes more right choices (as a lawyer), more than wrong ones. It's his naivety that puts him in tight spots. Would you learn that better at Harvard, in lectures, or day-to-day in a law firm?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

a hot extended sex scene.....:eek: ......off to watch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,814 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

they have amazing abilty to read this and within nanoseconds understand it, constantly being handed pieces of paper and going ah this explains everything

• Registered Users Posts: 11,814 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

was getting so sick of this show but atleast he finally told her, who was perving?

she's humping somebody who got into the lw firm but who didn't go to harvard she'll regret it in the morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

it was a good season finale except for the fact that i have idea who pearson or the english firms clients were, there was no explanation of why they were on opposite sides of some case, there were no clients present at any point,

in last weeks episode they were talking about merging and were just after taking down hardman, and now they are on opposite sides of some suit :confused::confused::confused::confused:

as much as i like that mike and Rachel got together, why the hell would Rachel just lock onto mike like that after he told her his secret:confused::confused:

that episode had loads of drama and everything, which is the only reason i liked it, but a good chunk of it made no sense

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

don ramo wrote: »
    it was a good season finale except for the fact that i have idea who pearson or the english firms clients were, there was no explanation of why they were on opposite sides of some case, there were no clients present at any point,

in last weeks episode they were talking about merging and were just after taking down hardman, and now they are on opposite sides of some suit :confused::confused::confused::confused:

as much as i like that mike and Rachel got together, why the hell would Rachel just lock onto mike like that after he told her his secret:confused::confused:

that episode had loads of drama and everything, which is the only reason i liked it, but a good chunk of it made no sense

She is finally relatable to Mike I'm guessing and y'know... attraction ...

It was a good episode but I was as confused as you were with the plot, out of blue a bit.. Lewis has changed dramatically in those 6 episodes, one of my favourite characters..

Kinda hoping that Harvey's love interest would stick around.. but.. *sigh*

miralize wrote: »
    Kinda hoping that Harvey's love interest would stick around.. but.. *sigh*
    no doubt she will commute, but that is if harvey sends her to london

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭big dar

Gonna tell the good looking girl in the office on monday that i am not really a truck driver,: i just have a motorbike licence:D
    Seriously would Jessica not just fire Harvey after what he has been doing. Seems to have justification
    I get the feeling Rachel will get annoying next season now she knows. I can here the "YOU LIED TO ME" already

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

That seals it. Rachel > Donna.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    That seals it. Rachel > Donna.

First off, wrong.
    big dar wrote: »
    Gonna tell the good looking girl in the office on monday that i am not really a truck driver,: i just have a motorbike licence:D
    Seriously would Jessica not just fire Harvey after what he has been doing. Seems to have justification
    I get the feeling Rachel will get annoying next season now she knows. I can here the "YOU LIED TO ME" already

I'd say she doesn't want to fire him because

(a) he's still one of the best lawyers out there
    (b) if he's fired it could affect his non-compete clause (?)
    (c) her own ego about 'being able to control him'
    Plus the signals it would send out firing a significant partner after a merger wouldn't be great. It would imply a split in the company

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Because he told her the secret.

I mean, she wanted to bang Mike's brains out even when she knew he was hiding something from her. Now he finally told her. She feels disgusted and hurt hence the slaps. But she also feels trusted and close to him. Hence the file room romp. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Started watching the show last week and caught up in time for the finale - have to say, love the show barring what another poster pertained to on this page that they get a document and immediately say that it's brilliant!

Didn't think the finale was all that impressive but happy to see Mike and Rachel get together.

Any ideas on where they'll go with season 3? Personally think that Lewis will somehow get Rachel into Harvard as he mentioned that he could still put it right, throwing a spanner in the works for herself and Mike.

Also is there a date for when the next season is starting?

D'Agger wrote: »
    Also is there a date for when the next season is starting?
    season 1 and 2 premiered around the middle of june, i dont see why that would change for season 3

Risteard wrote: »
    First off, wrong.

Fine. You all can have Donna. I'll have Rachel to myself :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Acrobatic!

Decent finale. Loved the banter between Louis and Nigel.
    Some of the english stereotypes were laid on a bit thick,though.

The only thing missing from the finale was David Costabile. Hardman is such a great character.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

thank God I wasn't the only one who thought this.

As for the 3rd season, I'll watch it but it's not like I can't wait to see it unlike other tv shows which is a shame because I really loved suits, but the second half to the 2nd season was a let down imo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

OMG Rachel is stunning - that last scene was incredible, she is edging it in front of Donna for sure.

Whats stopping Harvey creating his own firm?? Couldnt he do that with Scotty? and bring Mike and Louis with him? Then Rachel could get a job as lawyer in that firm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

Non-compete clause

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

season 1 and 2 premiered around the middle of june, i dont see why that would change for season 3

It also said in the preview for next season after the episode "In the summer blah blah blah"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I'm a huge cheerleader for this show but I was quite disappointed by the finale. One of the main reasons was the inexplicable case between the firms. Harvey and Mike will have an interesting relationship next season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

I've only just started watching the show and caught up pretty quick.

I like humour between Mike and Harvey and they play off each other well. I just can't get my head around the whole "Mike hasn't a license" issue. I know you need to suspend belief but it is just too ridiculous that Harvey and especially Jessica would have any part of it. I also don't understand why he isn't doing something at night to at least get himself a license (although it wouldn't be from Harvard) to help ease the problem - it's just too big an issue!

Apart from that Louis is a great character and I keep switching from hating him to feeling sorry for him - the scene at the bar with the British lawyer (Lee Evan's twin) was hysterical.....

Also - just to settle it - there is no competition between Rachel and Donna, Donna just wins.

azzeretti wrote: »
    Also - just to settle it - there is no competition between Rachel and Donna, Donna just wins.

Hey, i knew it was going to be a contentious point but I stick with it. Go ahead and fight over Donna... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If the time ever arises when I have Rachel and Donna in front of me telling me to choose between them, then I'll choose. Until then, I'll treat both equally, being the nice guy I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭big dar

While you guys are fighting over Donna and Rachel i will happily take the fine bodied Jessica......mmmmmmmmmmmmm:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Are we forgetting Katrina?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

I just watched the last episode, and ... well, WTF? What sort of bloody nonsense was all that? Confusing doesn't cover it. If this show keeps going as it has, I expect to see karaoke and unisex toilets in season 3 (if I watch it at all).

BTW, did anyone notice that Mike's face was already red before Rachel slapped him? The director must be as pissed off with the character as everyone else is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Yeah....very disappointing finale to an otherwise excellent series. Love this program but that last episode simply was not up to its usual standards.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I too had no idea what the case was about in the last episode. This Ross and Rachel story doesn't really interest me either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

hhhhmmmm Donna

fAjnc.gif

Advertisement