Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suits - USA Network *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I'd bet that Louis is heading out of the firm and may either set up his own or go to a rivals - maybe with some of the partners.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Better episode than the first which is saying a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 9,269 ✭✭✭squonk

Hyzepher wrote: »
    I'd bet that Louis is heading out of the firm and may either set up his own or go to a rivals - maybe with some of the partners.

Maybe though it'd rip the other heart out of the show. Louis/Harvey is a huge dynamic and the show wouild suffer if they weren't in the same office I think. Anything is possible though and I could be eating my words next season if you're proven right!

Incidentally, am I missing something or is it not obvious that Harvey has proof that Louis leaked the salary statement? Donna knows and heard it straight from the horse's mouth. I'm sure she could be questioned, or even questioned under oath to admit the incident? Harvey seemed to just let it drop. It didn't sit right with me. I'd be mad as hell if something like that happened to me.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

And the fact that they are always throwing files at each other
    Files which contain complex legal matters but never exceed 2-3 A4 pages inside a blue folder.

Exception to this rule is when a comically large amount of paperwork arrives to signify an all-nighter where Mike's going to have an epiphany.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

squonk wrote: »
    Incidentally, am I missing something or is it not obvious that Harvey has proof that Louis leaked the salary statement? Donna knows and heard it straight from the horse's mouth. I'm sure she could be questioned, or even questioned under oath to admit the incident? Harvey seemed to just let it drop. It didn't sit right with me. I'd be mad as hell if something like that happened to me.
    to throw some reality on that issue, a top law firm like that would have top spec printers that would record every single document printed and who it was printed by,

but anyway, bit of a better episode, no shrink either, i wonder with harvey flushing those pills last week if weve seen the last of her, cause its just a stupid storyline to follow,

in the end id say donna will end up back with harvey more to do with louis insecurities than anything else,

ill probably keep watching but im really debating if i can take another 30 episodes of this,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

don ramo wrote: »
    to throw some reality on that issue, a top law firm like that would have top spec printers that would record every single document printed and who it was printed by,

I could be imagining it but didn't an early season have an episode where Mike interrogated an IT guy at the firm to find who had printed some documents?

JohnK wrote: »
    I could be imagining it but didn't an early season have an episode where Mike interrogated an IT guy at the firm to find who had printed some documents?
    think i recall that alright, just lazy writing, i mean do these writers have any kind of confrontational life experience,

• Registered Users Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

A top firm wouldnt have printers without a login system. Arrive at printer, swipe badge, here are your prints.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

but anyway, bit of a better episode, no shrink either, i wonder with harvey flushing those pills last week if weve seen the last of her, cause its just a stupid storyline to follow,

in the end id say donna will end up back with harvey more to do with louis insecurities than anything else,

ill probably keep watching but im really debating if i can take another 30 episodes of this,

To play devil's advocate...

Who said Louis printed off the initial copy using a work printer?

He just left a copy at the printer and nature took its course.

Dempsey wrote: »
    To play devil's advocate...

Who said Louis printed off the initial copy using a work printer?

He just left a copy at the printer and nature took its course.
    then they could just check his computers, it would be a serious issue, like they said louis would be fired if they found out it was him,

everything that is done on the computers would be stored for legal purposes, and as someone said donna could be forced to tell,

it wouldnt stand anyway, if harvery earned the firm that much money then he would be entitled to the rewards that his hard work brings in, and senior partner would look at it that way, its obviously in the hundreds of thousands or else it wouldnt be such a deal but if you cut a guys wage like that then hes gonna walk and takes his earning with him,

the whole situation would never arise, as much as the senior partners would envy harvey, on simple business terms hes a rock solid investment for the firm, it would never happen,

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Oh Suits.

You are hilarious for all the wrong reasons. Two grown men going on like schoolboys over a girl. Seriously?

There's no sign of a long storyline arc with a legal case yet in place and modern TV (or at least the good shows) are long past that Case/Villian Of The Week sh*te.

Its not a great show but it never really was, just bubblegum TV that is easy to watch and switch your brain off to. Im surprised USA didnt announce that the next season is the last as I really dont know how they can keep this going. Its not quite Scandal in a "good show gone bad" way yet, but it's not too far off.

TLDR:
    I only watch the show for this guy

tumblr_m8m9pzpqhd1qkkxezo1_500.png

And this woman and her magnificent tits beauty

RZXY7.jpg

then they could just check his computers, it would be a serious issue, like they said louis would be fired if they found out it was him,

everything that is done on the computers would be stored for legal purposes, and as someone said donna could be forced to tell,

it wouldnt stand anyway, if harvery earned the firm that much money then he would be entitled to the rewards that his hard work brings in, and senior partner would look at it that way, its obviously in the hundreds of thousands or else it wouldnt be such a deal but if you cut a guys wage like that then hes gonna walk and takes his earning with him,

the whole situation would never arise, as much as the senior partners would envy harvey, on simple business terms hes a rock solid investment for the firm, it would never happen,

Check his computers for what exactly? As he explained, assessing the files is normal given his role in the company.

You are assuming that Louis doesnt know how to circumvent IT policies or ask someone to help him like he did.

Does Harvey really do more than the other senior partners? Louis when his wasnt partner apparently has regularly more billable hours under his belt than him according to some earlier episodes

Check his computers for what exactly? As he explained, assessing the files is normal given his role in the company.

You are assuming that Louis doesnt know how to circumvent IT policies or ask someone to help him like he did.

Does Harvey really do more than the other senior partners? Louis when his wasnt partner apparently has regularly more billable hours under his belt than him according to some earlier episodes

really when did louis display these hacking skills, its traceable like i said, anyone whos worked in any office with modern network printers would know, so your clearly trolling,

harves billables could be the lowest out of all the senior partners, but he brings in more money per case, he handles the bigger clients cause hes the best, deals worth millions if not tens of hundreds of millions, while the other partners would do deals in the high hundreds of thousand or low millions, harveys the best, so he gets all the top cases,

mikes case alone would be worth 20 million to the firm in the long run, but jessica doesnt see it as a wise investment cause she thinks its a bad case, so think how much the firm makes to say that they will happily pass on a 20 million payday cause theirs a chance theyll lose,

really when did louis display these hacking skills, its traceable like i said, anyone whos worked in any office with modern network printers would know, so your clearly trolling,

harves billables could be the lowest out of all the senior partners, but he brings in more money per case, he handles the bigger clients cause hes the best, deals worth millions if not tens of hundreds of millions, while the other partners would do deals in the high hundreds of thousand or low millions, harveys the best, so he gets all the top cases,

mikes case alone would be worth 20 million to the firm in the long run, but jessica doesnt see it as a wise investment cause she thinks its a bad case, so think how much the firm makes to say that they will happily pass on a 20 million payday cause theirs a chance theyll lose,

You didnt read my post properly.

Never said Louis had hacking skills, just that he'd know the IT dept, who to talk to and lets not forget all the senior partners with their vested interests and their contacts.

You say everything is traceable like its a cheap spy film but its an office. I work in an office and we have to backup data for 20 years for future reference for legal reasons. We have a stricter process than any law firm but yet I know ways of circumventing IT policy about remote access etc. No hacker skills required, just knowing how IT works.

Louis was shown to bring in the most money for the company, just not the character to be senior partner. You are speculating about Harvey's work rate. Its clear his wages are well out of proportion and that was engineered by him to pay Donna out of his own pocket.

Where did this 20 million come out of??

You didnt read my post properly.

Never said Louis had hacking skills, just that he'd know the IT dept, who to talk to and lets not forget all the senior partners with their vested interests and their contacts.

You say everything is traceable like its a cheap spy film but its an office. I work in an office and we have to backup data for 20 years for future reference for legal reasons. We have a stricter process than any law firm but yet I know ways of circumventing IT policy about remote access etc. No hacker skills required, just knowing how IT works.

Louis was shown to bring in the most money for the company, just not the character to be senior partner. You are speculating about Harvey's work rate. Its clear his wages are well out of proportion and that was engineered by him to pay Donna out of his own pocket.

Where did this 20 million come out of??

like what was said earlier, mike got the IT guy to do something for him before, asscess information, which is wrong, but not really to bad, but there is way in a law firm that you could get the IT guy to delete information, not a hope in hell, the guy would never work again if anyone found out, and plus louis more of less told harvey he done it anyway, and told him to prove it,

louis may bring in the most compared to the hours he bills, but harvey has more bang for his buck, the reason harvey out earns everyone at the firm is because like i said he takes on and wins the bigger cases, if he lost his billables would go to ****, louis and othee partners would lose cases fairly regularly, it happens, its not all wins, (but that part doesnt make for a good show) but even a loss is billable, they make money, but they make more when they win,

louis changed it so that people who take on more cases and work up more hour get rewarded, whereas it was set up that you got rewarded for winning cases, which was why harvey was coining it, now their bonus is related to how hard they work, not how good they work, which it idiotic, and leads to a lazier work ethic, so you get a bonus for hours put in, instead of being good at your job,

im not sure the exact figure, but mikes case is worth money if someone is willing to front the money to go ahead with it,

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

A lot of criticism of season 5 so far and we're not really all that far into it yet. Season 4 started on a higher note, granted, but really lost the plot a bit in - I'm a much bigger fan of a slower start that builds up a narrative for a strong plot and mid-season finale.

Season 5 for me = so far so good.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Louis already explained how it would excuse his mistake - he simply left the document behind on the printer after printing up documents for research on the salary proposal that was up for discussion.

It would have to be proved that Louis disclosed Harvey's salary structure o purpose before he would be fired - enter Donna

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Presumably Jessica earns 77% of what Harvey is on.
    Strange that his salary would be such a secret. Americans normally tell everyone this information two minutes after meeting them.

pretty decent episode this week, a few things on the go,

looking forward to next week when Amy Acker is joining the show for a bit:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

A bit more happened this week. Plenty of different paths open now that the show could go down. Overall air was a decent episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,730 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Amy Acker in as Louis sister Source

Great episode this week. My first thought when the credits rolled was "Wow! I haven't enjoyed a Suits ep as much in ages!". I'd probably say all the way back to the Daniel Hardman phase of the show actually. Well done to the writers/showrunner for turning the ship around and embarking on this new directon. It looks great!

Next week... the potential for shared screentime between Amy Acker and Sarah Rafferty :eek:. The HOTNESS overload klaxon is chiming in my head already. Won't somebody think of the viewers! :). The only possible problem is that, despite my best efforts, I'll keep expecting Team Machine or Samaritan to rear their heads :).

Excellent episode this week and delighted that Amy Acker is joining. I bloody love her.

Really enjoyed this weeks episode. The opening scenes were brilliant.

man you cant help but just love that amy acker, she just make everything better, weird not seeing her being all root though:)

Very strong episode, but I'm a bit confused now where this season is going. Mike needs to be knocked down a few pegs; who does he think he is? (answer: harvey)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Is Esther sticking around?

Really enjoyed this episode and the semi-reconciliation between Harvey and Louis.

Mike is getting a bit big for his boots, he could have thrown Robert under the bus without even realising.

Great episode this week. My god you just have to love Amy Acker. I was really fearful that I'd spend the episode seeing her as Root and daydreaming about PoI but apart from some readjustment in that opening scene she made that character her own and convincingly played Esther. She's so great! As an aside it does show just what a top notch cast PoI has to play with!

Interesting to see Mike morphing into Harvey at this point. He's a bit pushy for a fella who hasn't an actual law degree! :) I fully expected Jessica to smack him down hard after suggesting she didn't have the testicular fortitude to make what Mike deemed to be the correct calls! :). Nice to see Louis and Harvey playing a bit nicer. I've a feeling Donna might get sick of Louis crap at some stage. He's like a needy child and Donna is, um, Donna so.....

Would have loved to seen the girls in the mudding scene :)

• Advertisement

This episode seems odd - seems to have resolved a few issues that are certainly going to come back in a big way. I'm not getting a feel for where this season is heading though.

Advertisement