Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suits - USA Network *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

mike needs his ar$e kicked...he is steadily becoming the most annoying chartacter...How do they let him away with treating the managing partners of the biggest law firms in NYC like that.

TBH I dont think if he left it would impact the show....it could survive well without his petulance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

mike needs his ar$e kicked...he is steadily becoming the most annoying chartacter...How do they let him away with treating the managing partners of the biggest law firms in NYC like that.

TBH I dont think if he left it would impact the show....it could survive well without his petulance

If Mike was to leave, Then that would mean Rachel would have to go too :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Rachel's a terrible character. What does she ever do besides make slightly uncomfortable aww-shucks faces?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Rachel's a terrible character. What does she ever do besides make slightly uncomfortable aww-shucks faces?
    Sometimes she totally ****s things up whilst looking sexual in a skirt-suit.

Any goddamn one watch bull**** this goddamn week's episode?
    Pretty dacent, apart from the wedding rubbish. I like Gretchen.

• Advertisement

I quite liked this week's episode. A lot of building-up, so I'm expecting a lot from the back nine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Gretchen ftw. I was hoping for a stand off between her and Donna. Much better episode this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

This has to be the best episode of the season! Daniel Hardman is brilliant, cant wait to see more of him. Mike getting offered the junior associate position and now has to turn it down. Harvey and Louis getting in to it. Every time I see Louis I like his character more and more. Seriously cannot wait for next weeks episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,114 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

This has to be the best episode of the season! Daniel Hardman is brilliant, cant wait to see more of him. Mike getting offered the junior associate position and now has to turn it down. Harvey and Louis getting in to it. Every time I see Louis I like his character more and more. Seriously cannot wait for next weeks episode!

This is pretty much what I was going to post. Best episode of the season by a country mile, can't wait to see next week's episode!

The notion that anyone would take Louis Litt seriously as a lawyer, let alone one of the best in NY is just too much suspension of disbelief.

• Advertisement

It was a good episode, but I just worry about any show that can't do a decent plotline without reverting to the same crap:

Harvey v Louis > Jessica v Daniel > Teamwork, Teamwork, HURRRAY!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,269 ✭✭✭squonk

Can't fault this episode. OK, so the show is returning to it's strong points with Harvey/Louis and the sudden reappearance of Hardman but that's not such a bad thing. Anyone complaining... just think Hessington Oil! :)

That being said, I'm just hoping the final 2-3 season episodes don't yet again revolve around someong uncovering Mike's secret. If they play that out again with Soloff it'll be a poor outcome. Fingers crossed.

One really positive point. Jessica's speech about getting to where she is did help to put in context her being OK-ish with Mike impersonating a lawyer. It's about the closest the show has come to explaining some of the madness.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Great episode. Harvey's issues are really starting to get the better of him and the catalyst is the loss of his mother figure, Donna.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

must say the show seems to have really gotten back on track after being up down and all over the place the last 2 seasons,

i hope their not going down the mike doesnt have a law degree angle again, cause that junior partner offer is gonna keep coming up, mike is to good to be an associate, i think jack may suspect something isnt exactly right with mike after working with him, that he is far to good to still be an associate, and maybe put him forward to shake some trees, its how louis became a named partner after all,

they really do need to put that storyline to bed,

great to see hardman back, such a great character, and ester is also a pretty good character, i was hoping harvey would have a break down in front of louis instead of attacking him, would have been a great opportunity to get them back to being good friends,

What if Hardman is successful in taking over the firm this time. Harvey is fired for assaulting Louis, Jessica is ousted (her speech to Mike in the office about the view felt like foreshadowing), Mike is quietly axed by Louis (since they're now on good terms and Louis stands to lose by telling Mike's secret this isn't too outlandish) and Donna/Rachel leave obviously with Harvey/Mike.

Next season could time-jump a bit ahead, Mike flew through Harvard and actually graduated (not sure how they'd sell this, but they need to do something as I agree the Mike storyline is destroying the whole show at the moment). The next season is about them getting back at Hardman and taking over the firm again.

Writing job please!

I like that proposal. It'd certainly 'fix' the main problem the show has from a character progression standpoint. Having Mike as a bona fide lawyer would be a great move.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

What if Hardman is successful in taking over the firm this time. Harvey is fired for assaulting Louis, Jessica is ousted (her speech to Mike in the office about the view felt like foreshadowing), Mike is quietly axed by Louis (since they're now on good terms and Louis stands to lose by telling Mike's secret this isn't too outlandish) and Donna/Rachel leave obviously with Harvey/Mike.

Next season could time-jump a bit ahead, Mike flew through Harvard and actually graduated (not sure how they'd sell this, but they need to do something as I agree the Mike storyline is destroying the whole show at the moment). The next season is about them getting back at Hardman and taking over the firm again.

Writing job please!
    well if mikes secret ever came out publicly, Jessica, louis, rachel and harvey would never practice law again, between them and mike i dont know if any of them would get prison time,

i cant see how daniel would ever get the firm back, jessica has proof he embessled from the company, isnt that how she got rid of him in the first place?, but no doubt hed find a way around, knowing mikes secret would definitely be a way back in,

its funny that the show would actually have been better if it wasnt for mike secret, they actually have a brilliant show outside of that, id say its probably a regret at this point for the creators, cause it really restricts what they can do with his character,

They could just remove their asinine hiring rule and hire Mike after he qualifies from some other school in six months.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

One thing I've always wondered about...if Mike's secret was ever exposed, would the outcome of all the cases he worked on be open to a malpractice suit? I mean, surely there's a law that says any case that's tried by an unqualified lawyer becomes null and void.

I was hoping they might go a bit dark there with Rachel finally showing a bit of chutzpah in that episode. Would have liked to see it end with Claire's body in a skip but all we got was more glass eyed simpering and another threat defused in five minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

One thing I've always wondered about...if Mike's secret was ever exposed, would the outcome of all the cases he worked on be open to a malpractice suit? I mean, surely there's a law that says any case that's tried by an unqualified lawyer becomes null and void.

You dont have to be a qualified lawyer though. People often represent themselves (Just look at any other show thats regularly in the courtroom :) )

Lying about being a lawyer may well open them up to being sued I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Anyone else think that Game of Thrones spoiler was a bit unnecessary? I know season 5 was a few months ago and most will have seen it but why take the risk of spoiling it for anyone when it added so little to the show.

Definitely! I am just about getting around to finishing up Season 5 now. Normally I'd watch it as it's aired but a bunch of things prevented that this year. Man am I pissed!

Great episode this week. It's one of the best in ages! There's a real maze of crap brewing now. Louis was suitably despicable. Even by his standards what he did was low.

Did we meet the Clare person earlier in the show? It was a great device just to show how bloody impotent Mike really is as a lawyer. His secret is a real elephant in the room. I'm guessing though that we're nearing that denouement where Mike gets some sort of law degree. It won't be because of the firm or because he's rumbled, but for the lovely Rachel and their future together. Unless the show was in it's last season I don't think they can let it go at this stage. For Mike, getting the degree is dead simple at this point. Not only does he have the fantastical photographic memory on his side, but he's also got great experience to boot. Whether his qualification would further open the firm up to scrutiny is another story. Heck, they could just drop their Harvard Law requirement and Mike could do a correspondance course at the University of American Samoa! :)

Now I think of it, they can't really time jump either. One of the characteristics of the show is the pop culture references, and Harvey's Basketball references. Jumping a few years into the future would neutre that aspect. They need to have Mike quicklya nd painlessly get a law degree between this season's end and the beginning of the next. That'd tighten up the main flaw with the show and allow it to progress.

Soloff is becoming quite an addition to the show. I expected he'd be a bit parter early on but he's the new DB Woodhouse this season.

They're really turning Mike & Rachel into Mini Harvey and Mini Jessica at this point.

I was hoping they might go a bit dark there with Rachel finally showing a bit of chutzpah in that episode. Would have liked to see it end with Claire's body in a skip but all we got was more glass eyed simpering and another threat defused in five minutes.
    But god damn did she look hot when she got back to Mike's office.

I've been going off Rachel a bit recently (I think she has kind of a funny mouth or something). They need to do something with her character - unfortunately it seems it's just going to be a break-up with Mike and bla bla bla to protect Mike's secret (the noose around the neck of what has become an excellent procedural law show).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

You dont have to be a qualified lawyer though. People often represent themselves (Just look at any other show thats regularly in the courtroom :) )

Lying about being a lawyer may well open them up to being sued I'd imagine.

Mike has actually passed the bar so I think he can technically practice the law

GavMan wrote: »
    Mike has actually passed the bar so I think he can technically practice the law
    NY Bar requires applicants have passed law school. Since Mike didn't, his passage of the bar is irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

NY Bar requires applicants have passed law school. Since Mike didn't, his passage of the bar is irrelevant.

I stand corrected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Very good episode

I agree with the whole they need mike too pass any relevant exams ASAP

The problem is the writers are stuck and the genuinely can't write themselves out of this easily without jumping the shark. At this stage, if they did it and went for a mini-reboot at the start of next season, I'd be completely behind that idea. I wouldn't be surprised if that happens to be honest - I think Hardman knows or is going to find out; I'm wondering what dirt he has on Soloff.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

The only issue Mike has is that if people start digging then no one will remember him at Harvard. Technically speaking he has a degree from there.

Solution would be to hack a lesser known school or preferably hack a college that has an online degree program and then delete the Harvard degree.

No law against lying about which school you attended.

Advertisement