Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suits - USA Network *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭big dar

Rachel is getting seriously annoying. How is she supposed to be a lawyer when she breaks down at every obstacle

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

big dar wrote: »
    Rachel is getting seriously annoying. How is she supposed to be a lawyer when she breaks down at every obstacle

She's always been intensely goddamn soft and annoying. She and Mike are the single worst aspect if the show. I did kind of like her line about releasing her emotions so she could work through her **** though. Made some sort of goddamn sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

The most recent episode was so well paced and written that I was actually mad that I have to wait another week for the next episode. I don't think Suits has grabbed me like that for a couple seasons!

(I also blame damn Netflix binging!)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

The most recent episode was so well paced and written that I was actually mad that I have to wait another week for the next episode. I don't think Suits has grabbed me like that for a couple seasons!

(I also blame damn Netflix binging!)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,269 ✭✭✭squonk

Great episode alright. One of the best in a long time. The chickens are finally coming home to roost and serious damage looks to have been done to the firm and it's reputation now. I can't see how they're goig to turn this one aroudn with the usual trope of Mike pushing a folder across Harvey's desk at the 11th. hour. I think it's also good to see them perhaps finally plotting a course to really legitimise Mike. It seems maybe he can now qualify as a lawyer elsewhere and remain at the firm. I'm good with that. It needed to be addressed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

The only real way of Mike surviving is if he somehow saves Harvard and they come out and publicly support his claim to have graduated from there.

Hyzepher wrote: »
    The only real way of Mike surviving is if he somehow saves Harvard and they come out and publicly support his claim to have graduated from there.

Maybe but the whole thing is getting more and more unbelievable as things go on. We've now got a joint offensive between Mike & Harvey trying to strongarm a Harvard professor with Louis puttiung the moves on Sheila. Enough people now know that he didn't actually graduate. Regardless of what happens and whether Harvard come out saying Mike is legit, the damage has been done. It doesn't matter what Harvard say. He'll be known now as the guy who had questions hanging over his qualification. That's just the way people remember things. Pearson-Spectre-Litt will be known as the firm employing the guy who may/may not be an actual lawyer.

Maybe the speculation here that Harvey/Mike/Louis will set up their own firm may come true. If Pearson/Spectre/Litt have the firm name in the dirt then it's going to be hard to get back from that.

Lots of bridges burned now actually. Evne the Bunk is on the warpath. It'll be an intersting season.

I love the way they appeal to the audience's emotions with the terrifying prospect of Mike having to give up being a millionaire lawyer and be a millionaire hedge fund manager or something. The poor lamb.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Its not really about the money though. Frankly, a person with a photographic memory can become a millionaire a dozen different ways. It's only a few steps shy of Bradley Cooper in Limitless. It's an incredible gift and there are tons of ways to make money with it.

Its about him being a lawyer.....and now about everybody else in his life being able to continue doing it too. That's the drama and the high stakes. Plus, there is the prison angle.

Of course they may find some dirt on the prosecutor that will make her investigation look like it was initiated for other reasons and therefore must be false.

• Advertisement

Of course they may find some dirt on the prosecutor that will make her investigation look like it was initiated for other reasons and therefore must be false.

That's the usual schtick they pull out of the bag. I know they were trying that this time and at least the writers seems to be resisting the easy win strategy but maybe it'll happen yet. There are only so many times they can play the 'Mike Isn't a Real Lawyer And Somebody Is Coming Gunning" card before their bluff has to be called by the audience. This needs to be sorted out for once and for all. Its the big achilles heel that the show has. It's a pity that the device that made this such a great summer show i the first place is now hampering it's development long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

The thing that majorly annoys me about Mike is that he goes around as if he is somehow hard done by. You don't have a f#cking degree mate, why should you be allowed practice law?!

And another thing, I find it incredulous that Harvey, Jessica, Luis and a bunch of others would risk their entire livelihoods for him. I wouldn't risk my lunch break for that guy, let alone my career!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

The thing that majorly annoys me about Mike is that he goes around as if he is somehow hard done by. You don't have a f#cking degree mate, why should you be allowed practice law?!

And another thing, I find it incredulous that Harvey, Jessica, Luis and a bunch of others would risk their entire livelihoods for him. I wouldn't risk my lunch break for that guy, let alone my career!

Yeah I agree. It's getting to a point now where it's ridiculous that all of them (noted top lawyers in the city) seem happy to just ride it out and hope that the lie is taken as fact. Anyone with any common sense would just look out for themselves or jump ship.

And the sympathy thing for Mike? Jesus, I don't get how they're swinging it. If I had a solicitor represent me who turned out not to be regulated I'd hardly feel sorry for him. I know it's fantasy but a little grounding would go a long way. I'm watching it now feeling sorry for Gibbs that she can't put away a known con-man who's put hundreds of settled law suits at risk!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

well, harvey brought him in, and Jessica covered it up because if she didnt , There would be questions about every case that mike was involved in

bpb101 wrote: »
    well, harvey brought him in, and Jessica covered it up because if she didnt , There would be questions about every case that mike was involved in

True but there would have to be a point where any rational person would start trying to save themselves.

True but there would have to be a point where any rational person would start trying to save themselves.
    louis got his name on the wall,so hes out
    donna wont because she joint to the hip to harvey
    Rachel loves him
    Scottie wont as it dosent effect her
    harvey brought in the mess

so at what point does Jessica spill the beans while keeping face and keeping harvey?

louis got his name on the wall,so hes out
    donna wont because she joint to the hip to harvey
    Rachel loves him
    Scottie wont as it dosent effect her
    harvey brought in the mess

so at what point does Jessica spill the beans while keeping face and keeping harvey?

There literally had to be a better way of dealing with it than the "hope for the best" strategy.

There literally had to be a better way of dealing with it than the "hope for the best" strategy.
    lets hear it ?

if your in Jessica position what would you do

granted , probable not take him back , but apart from that( i forget why he came back in the first place)

lets hear it ?

if your in Jessica position what would you do

granted , probably not take him back , but apart from that( i forget why he came back in the first place)

Ok either let Mike go, and suffer the fall out with Harvey.
    Or have Mike do a masters or PHD or something in any other top college other than Harvard. He was already in the system at Harvard - so getting transcripts for another college would not be an issue.

Ok either let Mike go, and suffer the fall out with Harvey.
    Or have Mike do a masters or PHD or something in any other top college other than Harvard. He was already in the system at Harvard - so getting transcripts for another college would not be an issue.
    first point, Mike goes and tells the world that he was working in person hardman or whatever they call it , and every case they ever worked is brought into question
    2) he still had'nt done the bar. Its not about the degree, its about passing the bar... Thats the illegal thing here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Sparko

I think it's interesting how they are positioning the prosecutor as the bad guy, using questionable tactics like targeting Donna's father etc but I can't help but come back to the simple fact that Mike is a fraud, and surely she is doing the right thing by trying to expose him!

first point, Mike goes and tells the world that he was working in person hardman or whatever they call it , and every case they ever worked is brought into question
    2) he still had'nt done the bar. Its not about the degree, its about passing the bar... Thats the illegal thing here

Mike has passed the Bar

The sheer arrogance of them thinking that if they 'lowered' their standards to Yale and Columbia applicants would come running!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

The sheer arrogance of them thinking that if they 'lowered' their standards to Yale and Columbia applicants would come running!

I'm sure that those who work in or attend the University of Arizona were also impressed by the reference that was made to there!

Mike has passed the Bar
    yes , but he didnt pass it under his name. He passed the bar for somebody else. Second count for the court case.

You need a law degree to pass the New York bar exam. Regardless of whether or not he has done the exam under his own name, he still needs a degree.

Mike will turn on Harvey for immunity from prosecution but it'll end up being some sort of switcheroo plan and Harvey will also walk free.

I can see it now, the penultimate episode being him "turning" on Harvey and then the usual "NEXT WEEK - THE MOST SHOCKING EPISODE YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO MISS"

You need a law degree to pass the New York bar exam. Regardless of whether or not he has done the exam under his own name, he still needs a degree.
    yeah , but what good is a degree to him, he couldnt be seen to be sitting the bar, and even if he got the bar in his own name , it would be dated long after he started with Person hardmen or whatever you call the place

yeah , but what good is a degree to him, he couldnt be seen to be sitting the bar, and even if he got the bar in his own name , it would be dated long after he started with Person hardmen or whatever you call the place

You said earlier the degree isn't an issue if he doesn't have the bar. I pointed out that he needs a degree to have the bar. Regardless of time frame, you can't dismiss the relevance of having a law degree to legally practice law in NY.

• Advertisement

Great episode this week. Seriously though, fück this! Harvey & Mike are losing my respect at this point. Anita Gibbs is playing a blinder. She'd an excellent lawyer by the looks of things and she's got the two goons bang to rights. Harvey caused this whole mess in the first place so at this point I can't really see why Jessica & Louis are still rowing in behind the dream team. There's prison and at least disbarment involved. I wouldn't cross the road for Harvey or Mike if I was in a similar position. Christ I feel deeply sorry for the other guys lining up to perjure themselves for Mike. Now I kind of hope this is the final season because I don't think I can relate to the characters again in the same way after this is through. The perjury and intimidation is something else. I'm finding I basically don't give a shït about Mike now and Harvey should have been way smarter. The only satisfactory outcome here for me is to have Harvey & Mike get their asses handed to them. They truly deserve it.

Advertisement