Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suits - USA Network *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Only two goddamn episodes left? They'll never wrap it up in time. What made Jimmy change his mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

squonk wrote: »
    Christ I feel deeply sorry for the other guys lining up to perjure themselves for Mike.

I can't see why anyone would though?! It's a bit ridiculous for Jessica to come out and say people would stand behind Mike, is he even liked in the firm?? Unless Harvey has dirt on everyone and uses it as blackmail, I can't see people risking their own neck for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,269 ✭✭✭squonk

The mock trial alone was enogh I'd imagine to get tongues wagging in the firm. Not everybody knows the secret but most of the ranks must be speculating on what's happening. Donna's time on the stand was enough to convince anyone. Seriously, if one guy shows up saying Mike went to Harvard while a well-respected legal secretary pleads the 5th and you also happended to be at the show trial, what would you think? I'm surprised attracting new blood is their only problem. I'd be out the door as fast as my legs could carry me if I was an associate at Pearson Spectre Litt at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,131 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I really enjoyed the last few episodes but the writers have backed themselves into a corner with the writing and character development. Even though Mike was a fraud and Harvey was shady I always felt I could cheer for them but they have become totally unlikable, Mike is willing to let his friends perjure themselves for him, its ridiculous like.

Gibbs and the actress are putting in a blinding performance, never saw someone kick Harvey's ass so many times.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Evening the mock trial is instense, very much a return to form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Wow that was easily the best episode of this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,131 ✭✭✭✭rob316

That was quite brilliant television. Looking forward to the last episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭big dar

This last 5 episodes have been the show's finest hours. But if the last words in the finale are " we have your honour" and then the credits, I will explode with frustration

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Just about to press play now. Can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Such a fantastic song to finish the episode. So fitting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I could be very wrong, but a lot of things in that episode foreshadow a reboot for next season. BTW it's definitely ending in a cliffhanger from what I've heard.

Godamnit that was the best goddamn episode I've goddamn seen in goddamn ages goddamnit! We really need a Suits drinking game with a shot for how often someone says Goddamn, how often Donna strides through the office, how often Louis uses his dictaphone etc.

I hope there's a reboot coming. They closed off a lot of avenues last night and I think that was a good thing. I thought they'd do the usual thing of getting off by getting the case thrown out but it looks like it's not now happening.

Maybe it's the writers intention or maybe it's just years of watching on my part but I've no sympathy for Harvey and Mike at this stage. Despite what Jessica or Donna had to say, at the end of the day the Indian guy got it right. Harvey is a bully and especially so now he's trying to cover up his mistakes. At the end of the day, Mike didn't complete law school and Harvey hired a guy who didn't complete Law School into a prestigious firm. I don't really care if they're generally good guys. Gibbs' closing was spot on. The job is important and if somebody isn't qualified then it's not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

Maybe it's the writers intention or maybe it's just years of watching on my part but I've no sympathy for Harvey and Mike at this stage. Despite what Jessica or Donna had to say, at the end of the day the Indian guy got it right. Harvey is a bully and especially so now he's trying to cover up his mistakes. At the end of the day, Mike didn't complete law school and Harvey hired a guy who didn't complete Law School into a prestigious firm. I don't really care if they're generally good guys. Gibbs' closing was spot on. The job is important and if somebody isn't qualified then it's not good enough.

I would have agreed with you entirely up until this episode, but when Harvey broke down in front of Donna and admitted he was to blame, he slightly redeemed himself in my eyes... Great episode and really looking forward to next week!

I would have agreed with you entirely up until this episode, but when Harvey broke down in front of Donna and admitted he was to blame, he slightly redeemed himself in my eyes... Great episode and really looking forward to next week!

I know, and I feel sorry for Harvey really but he architected all of this. Yeah, he broke down but that's what happens when you make a mistake, and continue to compound it over time. I'm sure the guy who brought down Bearings with his dodgy trading had a breakdown point as well but he got there by building on his initial mistake. I'm also not getting the big deal in all fo this since the stakes are relatively low. Mike gets 7 years prison without a deal, 2 years if he does get a deal. He won't be going to nasty prison either. It's worse for the other parners because they lose their firm and their livelyhood. In my opinion Harvey had plenty of chances to reverse his mistake but didn't. It's too late to feel sorry about it when the crap has hit the fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

That scene was probably the most vulnerable Harvey has ever been. Even while in counselling (last season?) he was never that... broken down & defeated. I thought it was a nice break of character which did definitely give him some sympathy from the audience. Of course, he is entirely to blame, but I think it was the first time he admitted it to himself, out loud & to someone. And its one of the first time that I can remember when I think he's been truly fearful of what could happen if the jury doesnt side with him & Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

At this stage though if the Jury comes back and sides with Mike - and thus the writers press the Big Red Reset Button - it'll be a massive cop-out.

The show has been excellent since it came back a few weeks ago (Gibbs is a brilliant character/actress) and dealing with Mike's situation is long overdue. If they take the easy way out now it'll be very disappointing.

They really can't take the easy way out. There are only so many times you can march an army up a hill before you have to see what's on the other side. This is well overdue.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

They really can't take the easy way out.

While we wait to see, here's some appropriate music..

Classic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

absolutely fantastic !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,114 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Yet another excellent episode. Next weeks season finale can't come soon enough!

• Advertisement

via their facebook page

"Someone's going to prison — but who?"

https://www.facebook.com/SUITSonUSA/videos/vb.121349517944687/975139209232376/?type=2&theater

via their facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/SUITSonUSA/videos/vb.121349517944687/975139209232376/?type=2&theater

bpb101 wrote: »
    via their facebook page

Knowing Suits it's probably Anita Gibbs or the Indian guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    At this stage though if the Jury comes back and sides with Mike - and thus the writers press the Big Red Reset Button - it'll be a massive cop-out.

The show has been excellent since it came back a few weeks ago (Gibbs is a brilliant character/actress) and dealing with Mike's situation is long overdue. If they take the easy way out now it'll be very disappointing.
    That's the thing... the jury could well decide to side with Mike, but Harvey has kind of put a plan in motion now that will screw that up.

Knowing Suits it's probably Anita Gibbs or the Indian guy.

That's what I was thinking

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Nice soundtrack at ending - prophetic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Hannibelle Smeeeth

The scene with Harvey and Donna, where he cracks. Loved it!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Finale upcoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I hope to god they don't reboot it. Either finish it out or keep it going but a reboot is a death knell to any program. No matter how well conceived they are, they are doomed to fail.

Hope they close this whole thing out in the finale, dragging the verdict into the next season is too far. The episodes have been phenomenal but they need a pay off of some form to reward/compliment the amazing episodes.

Exciting times!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That worked very well as a series finale, to be fair. Definitely a bit downbeat, but it played out to a logical conclusion - no last minute pieces of paper to save the day.

If there is another season, it'll be a very different landscape.

Advertisement