Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suits - USA Network *Spoilers*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Have a full day of college to get through before I can watch this :(

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I imagine the next season is set 2 years down the line?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,894 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Must..not..read.. last..few...posts!

Damn this "being in work" thing!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Maybe 2 years later with flashbacks?

There is some potential for story between Mike and Charles Forstman in prison, plus the immediate fallout from the trial for Pearson Specter Litt, the wedding, Rachel's family stuff, Katrina, Jack Soloff.... a clean jump to 2 years later would deny us of all that (and would be for all intents and purposes a reboot rather than a continuation)

I suspect that Mike will find a way to get out early.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Mr E wrote: »
    Maybe 2 years later with flashbacks?

There is some potential for story between Mike and Charles Forstman in prison, plus the immediate fallout from the trial for Pearson Specter Litt, the wedding, Rachel's family stuff, Katrina, Jack Soloff.... a clean jump to 2 years later would deny us of all that (and would be for all intents and purposes a reboot rather than a continuation)

I suspect that Mike will find a way to get out early.

Yeah that's what I was hinting at.

The first episode would be Mike getting out, crashing with Harvey. Rachel has found herself a new man (these romances where one goes away and comes back later never work out in the short term) and then by episode 3 or 4 there will be a complete flashback episode where everything is put into place.

I do agree with what you've said. Forstman never entered my mind to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I could see why some of the boys took him for snobby. He had a quiet way about him, a walk and a talk that just wasn't normal around here. He strolled, like a man in a park without a care or a worry in the world, like he had on an invisible coat that would shield him from this place.

Yeah, I think it would be fair to say...I liked Mike from the start.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

"I don't hate you, but you did this" - Gibbs.

Sums it up perfectly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/suits-season-finale-season-6-871852

The guy who runs the show talks about the next season towards the end. No plans for a jump in time, first episode plot they've discussed so far shows Mikes first night in prison and the firms first day with no staff.

He goes on to say season 6 will be about Mike adjusting and the firm rebuilding.

Sounds siht, hopefully hes lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭big dar

Must have been a lot of vacancies in law firms for the entire staff to find jobs in a day. They can't ALL have had valuable clients worth poaching

What part can Mike play in this show from here on out ? He is not a lawyer and can no longer pretend to be

Gonna be a long six months or so to wait to find out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

big dar wrote: »
    Must have been a lot of vacancies in law firms for the entire staff to find jobs in a day. They can't ALL have had valuable clients worth poaching

What part can Mike play in this show from here on out ? He is not a lawyer and can no longer pretend to be

I'm sort of hoping for a 6th season of House style for this next season of suits. Would be cool for a change of scenery with Mike finding his feet in prison. At the same time getting to see the firm rebuild from the ashes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Absolutely great.

Fantastic acting by in particular meghan markle. Great stuff.
    I love the twist at the end. Which is
    there is none. Everything plays straight through. We all thought and hoped there would be that last minutes deal . Your one the prosecution however has something dirty in her past and I would say Harvey finds it out and brings her up on charges which pulls into question all her cases and mike walks
    I reject the idea of Rachael finding another lover .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,260 ✭✭✭✭rob316

big dar wrote: »

Suits will be back in June so not that long of a wait. Probably about 15 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭ASOT

Bit of a tear jerker that episode, what a season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

That worked very well as a series finale, to be fair. Definitely a bit downbeat, but it played out to a logical conclusion - no last minute pieces of paper to save the day.

If there is another season, it'll be a very different landscape.
    16 episode order for season 6 (IIRC Suits is always ordered this way).

I suspect that Mike Harvey will find a way to get Mike out early.

FYP :D

IMO the prosecutor is going to need something from Harvey...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,631 ✭✭✭squonk

I thought that played out very well. This needed to happen. It would have been a total cop out if Mike had been acquited by the Jury and they could never have dealt with it satisfactorily again. Now justice has been served and Mike is going away. I don't expect him to server the full 2 years either but who knows. I wonder if Anita Gibbs will end up at Pearson Spector Litt or whatever's left of them at some stage? She's more than a match for Harvey and could be a good fit.

It seemed like a stretch to me too that the unerlings all bailed so quickly and decisively. It seems like they left over the space of an afternoon!

Much as I liked the episode I felt like telling Rachel to cop onto herself at several stages. Firstly, despite what he told her, Mike did the right thing in taking the deal. He saved everyone's bacon really and, honestly, at this stage if she doesn't know he's a fast mover just like Harvey then she shouldn't be marrying him. Secondly, harping on about robbing 2 years of their relationship was a bit much. She's coupled her life with a guy who is an admitted fraud and she knew this early on. There was always the disticnt possibility that he was going to get found out and go to prison for quite a long time. 7 years is a whole lot worse than 2. I didn't see the basis for anything she was saying. She can visit him, they'll even, I'm sure, allow conujugal visits so if she was worried about kids then that could be sorted. Honestly it looked like high drama for the sake of it. The Bunk had a point about the implications for her career. She came across as naive to be honest.

I think the fact that they're sticking with the current timeline and not jumping for Season 6 should mean that Mike gets early release. I suspect he'll do a season in prison maybe.

Delighted they haven't shied away from what needed to be done really. I think there's going to be great drama in seing Jessica, Louis and Harvey dogfighting next season trying to keep the firm together and try cases with less resources. LOL I suspect the issue of Harvey's remuneration package will be fairly trivial from here on in :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Anyone else get the impression that Rachel might end up pregnant?

Also I'm not sure a felony conviction rules you out completely from becoming a lawyer - you do need to prove "current good moral character" to be allowed take the bar exam. Maybe this was a reason it was brought up in the episode - expect Mike to do some good work in prison on behalf of "innocent" inmates.

So he comes out after helping wrong some rights, Rachel has a kid and the firm can no longer be exclusively Harvard grads - all teed up for Mike to return and be a lawyer for the firm and marry Rachel with parents consent.

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Anyone else get the impression that Rachel might end up pregnant?

Also I'm not sure a felony conviction rules you out completely from becoming a lawyer - you do need to prove "current good moral character" to be allowed take the bar exam. Maybe this was a reason it was brought up in the episode - expect Mike to do some good work in prison on behalf of "innocent" inmates.

So he comes out after helping wrong some rights, Rachel has a kid and the firm can no longer be exclusively Harvard grads - all teed up for Mike to return and be a lawyer for the firm and marry Rachel with parents consent.
    There is nothing in the NY rules that prohibit a felon from becoming an attorney - they simply have to be of good "moral character"; furthermore, there is nothing that requires them to have completed law school. They can be eligible to sit the bar exam having completed "the first year of full-time study in a first degree in law program at an approved law school [...] earning a minimum of 28 credit hours" and "thereafter studied law in a law office or offices located within New York State, under the supervision of one or more attorneys admitted to practice law in New York State, for such a period of time as, together with the credit permitted pursuant to this section for attendance in an approved law school, shall aggregate four years"

Source: https://www.nybarexam.org/Rules/Rules.htm#520.4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,631 ✭✭✭squonk

So it sounds like Mike does a year in prison, a year of law school and an appropriate number of hours of legal work under Harvey's watchful eye. They'll be back on track in no time!

squonk wrote: »
    So it sounds like Mike does a year in prison, a year of law school and an appropriate number of hours of legal work under Harvey's watchful eye. They'll be back on track in no time!
    Theoretically he could even do that year of law school online or distance learning whilst in jail (disclaimer: I don't know if any of these are approved for the NY Bar).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

He could get a correspondence course degree from American Samoa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

He could get a correspondence course degree from American Samoa.

Better call Ross?

Frankly I'd rather call Donna. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Last two episodes were tugging at the heartstrings.

Rick Hoffman has been acting his heart out in this, he's brilliant, even if he hasn't had that much screen time lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

I loved the second half of season 5, the first half was utter tripe though. Panic attacks and conversations with his therapist over his mother, it was terrible.

I spent most of my time skipping through episodes in the first half of season 5.

Anyone else think the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

"I want us to be one"

Worst television line ever.

Gandalph wrote: »
    Last two episodes were tugging at the heartstrings.

Rick Hoffman has been acting his heart out in this, he's brilliant, even if he hasn't had that much screen time lately.

He was comic relief in the beginning (and still is to a certain extent), but this season (and the second half of season 4 after he found out the secret), he has had his fair share of serious story lines, and he is acting his socks off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,029 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Looking at the rules that FreudianSlippers posted, one key phrase there is "full-time". The expectation would be that he attend a suitable university such as Columbia (since Hahvahd is clearly not an option), on a full-time basis for at least one year. In the first year of any degree, it's mostly lectures and not much in the way of group or individual work, so (depending on college policy) Mike could work in the office, skip most or all of the lectures, and just take the exams. I doubt he'll have any problem with the academic requirements.

But then there are NY Bar rules section 520.12, "Proof of Moral Character". They clearly state that affidavits from others are not sufficient proof of moral character, and we know that those who would write such affidavits would themselves now be suspect. At least his priest is trustworthy, as far as we know ... :eek:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Cina wrote: »
    "I want us to be one"

Worst television line ever.

The worst line ever was back at the end of season 3.

Eric Woodall: "You say what you want. You're a dirty lawyer, and now you're on my radar."
    Harvey Specter: "If I'm a dirty lawyer, then you're looking in the mirror."

Straight out of the playground comeback.

Rumours are rife that
    Gina Torres (Jessica)
    is being phased out next season.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/news/a785931/gina-torres-will-be-phased-out-of-suits-next-season

Don't click or hover over the link if you want to stay in the dark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,894 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Rumours are rife that
    Gina Torres (Jessica)
    is being phased out next season.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/news/a785931/gina-torres-will-be-phased-out-of-suits-next-season

Don't click or hover over the link if you want to stay in the dark.

No harm/loss IMO.

Advertisement