Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suits - USA Network *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Just watched the latest episode. Some of the scenes were out of place, like the pot-smoking scene . It was an episode with not an awful lot in it, forced jokes & conversations and arguments that i'm sure we've heard before. Mikes scenes were actually the most interesting I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Great start to the season. It's going to be a really interesting 9 weeks ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Very poor episode. The ending was the only saving grace I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

Goddamnit what do you people goddamn expect from the goddamn episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Mr E wrote: »
    Oh Mike. :(
    We all saw that coming though right?!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Nothing of interest this goddamn week really.
    Rachel is such a whiny pain in the hole.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I liked the episode but it was a bit cringy in parts. They just went overboard on the emotion, felt a bit forced at several different times.

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed but there is one thing that really annoys me that they are doing far too much. Two people are having a conversation/argument - one asks a difficult question and then someone appears out of nowhere in the background with the answer. Happened about 3 or 4 times in last nights episode - once maybe but any more and its just a but silly. Did anyone else notice this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Not great now tbh. Jessica's dialogue is just useless.You could see that mikes cell mate was either a marshal plant or something to that effect straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,130 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Bar the Mike bits that was a terrible episode.

The constant we gotta save the firm line was just boring and came across so poorly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

One episode in and Mike already has an enemy so my hope of him being shanked is still alive. I found his attitude throughout the episode to be infuriating. Who the hell does he think he is to mouth off to the psychologist like that? He still seems to think he's a lawyer that can call the shots instead of a prisoner that can have his life quickly turned into a living nightmare by authority figures in the prison. His willingness to stay up all night having a heart to heart with his new "roommate" was also a bit cringey. All the prison scenes do a good job at showing how hopelessly naive Mike is.

All the office scenes were a bit meh. As much as I like Louis his willingness to fly off the handle at every opportunity is a bit tiresome. I did like his plan to use the partner buy-ins to settle the lawsuit though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

all being repeated on Dave at the moment is anyone wants to catch up.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

All the prison scenes do a good job at showing how hopelessly naive Mike is.
    In fairness, they have been doing that from day-one.

Mike is a follower who blames his lack of success on his circumstances, but in reality he only mimics what other people are doing: he mimics Trevor, Harvey and Sidwell then back to Harvey.

The show IMO has never made Mike a sympathetic character and I like how they're portraying him as less of a poor soul and more of an opportunist and a con-man.

Some very interesting lines in the most recent episode that IMO don't bode well for Mike long-term.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

In fairness, they have been doing that from day-one.

Mike is a follower who blames his lack of success on his circumstances, but in reality he only mimics what other people are doing: he mimics Trevor, Harvey and Sidwell then back to Harvey.

The show IMO has never made Mike a sympathetic character and I like how they're portraying him as less of a poor soul and more of an opportunist and a con-man.

Some very interesting lines in the most recent episode that IMO don't bode well for Mike long-term.

Fair points. I wish they could have done this without making him so annoying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Day 1 of prison, pour your heart out to a stranger and give your missus number to him.

He should surely be shanked in episode 2 at that rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Dempsey wrote: »
    Day 1 of prison, pour your heart out to a stranger and give your missus number to him.

He should surely be shanked in episode 2 at that rate.
    Ding ding...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

miralize wrote: »
    Just watched the latest episode. Some of the scenes were out of place, like the pot-smoking scene . It was an episode with not an awful lot in it, forced jokes & conversations and arguments that i'm sure we've heard before. Mikes scenes were actually the most interesting I think.

Is it me or have they started being far more crude
    I felt the episode was very contrived and the bit with the plant was a carbon copy of the trick they pulled in the last season when Mike was in the cell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Really liked ep 1
    Can't wait till thursday

Ding ding...

Surely turn into prison break by episode 4 so!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,719 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I love Louis and Harvey's fights

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

jesus Louis reminded of Chris Evans, he was so shouty in nearly every scene

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Mc Love wrote: »
    jesus Louis reminded of Chris Evans, he was so shouty in nearly every scene

It's a bit of a letdown really as we've seen in the past (particularly last season) that the character (and the actor that plays him) can be SO much more when given a chance.

But too often do they revert to one-dimensional Louis for cheap laughs instead :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,268 ✭✭✭squonk

I'd agree with the sentiment here. The episode was a bit meh. Jessica and the lads getting stoned... yeah whatever! I was hoping Mike would get shanked too, or at least be made somebody's prison bitch but he's made an enemy at least. Stupid Mike.

Is it just me or is the show trying really hard to sound tough and edgy this time around. There was more Goddamns than you could shake a stick at and even a Jebus Christ in there! It felt like the writers got a memo from upstairs saying "We're the USA network. We're really hard and edgy now so ramp it up! OK!!!!". For me the JC went down like a clanger as it seemed to deviate from the established style of the show.

Christ I'm only 2 minutes into episode 2 and I'd pay good money to have someone shank Mike at this point. What an arrogant, entitled prick. He's more whiney than Rachel at this point!

That prison is as terrifying as a crèche.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Still feels a few notches below the quality of season 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

That prison is as terrifying as a crèche.

To be fair it's obviously minimum security with even things like tables and chairs in the middle of the cell block rather than the supermax style we see in action films :)

I thought it was a bit better this week but yea, Mike's smug attitude at the start is grating alright.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    To be fair it's obviously minimum security with even things like tables and chairs in the middle of the cell block rather than the supermax style we see in action films :)

I thought it was a bit better this week but yea, Mike's smug attitude at the start is grating alright.

It was a strange decision to set part of the series in the prison. Dramatically, a min sec gaol is an incredibly dull place.

It's all a bit odd this season so far. It's like they're going out of the way to engineer conflict. It was nice that Jessica showed a human side in helping Solov. Meanwhile Mike and Harvey's prison nemesis seems more like a guy who'd slit your throat than a white collar crim. It's a pity they've already cast Neal McDonogh in another role. He'd be excellent as Mike's tormentor. I think Neal was the highlight this week, other than Donna as usual! :)

squonk wrote: »
    It's all a bit odd this season so far. It's like they're going out of the way to engineer conflict. It was nice that Jessica showed a human side in helping Solov. Meanwhile Mike and Harvey's prison nemesis seems more like a guy who'd slit your throat than a white collar crim. It's a pity they've already cast Neal McDonogh in another role. He'd be excellent as Mike's tormentor. I think Neal was the highlight this week, other than Donna as usual! :)

They pointed out that he shouldnt be there.

He was stitched up for white collar crime because of a technicality in a murder charge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I've actually enjoyed the last two episodes and I don't mind the prison sub-plot at all.

The fact Mike isn't likeable doesn't bother me anymore, as he hasn't been likeable for the past few seasons anyway. He just isn't likeable in prison this season is all :pac:

Advertisement