Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suits - USA Network *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Decent episode, apart from Louis' comic relief. Things are simmering along nicely now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Mr E wrote: »
    Decent episode, apart from Louis' comic relief. Things are simmering along nicely now.

Yea, good episode this week but Louis is still being wasted :(

Yer man playing Sutter is really channeling Gordon Gecko/Michael Douglas as well, but that's not a bad thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The first half of the episode was poor but started to get going in the last 15, 10 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Yea, good episode this week but Louis is still being wasted :(

Yer man playing Sutter is really channeling Gordon Gecko/Michael Douglas as well, but that's not a bad thing!
    Neal McDonough is probably the biggest over-actor on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

I think this season has been utter horses*it. The show is well and truly past its best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 goldenshark

I just saw the first 3 seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Another solid episode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭HS3

I am struggling through this series. I used to love Donna now I wish someone would come knock her off her bloomin high horse. 'Im Donna I'm awesome '. needs to change to 'im Donna. I'm gonna get self righteous on your a$$ and convince people I'm right because I have a magic eyebrow that when it raises people fall under my spell '.

And as for the whimpering mess they've turned Rachel in to! Gah! I hope they fix it. And Louis! Who is this weak dope? He needs his bull pen back.

Ah that's better :D

I enjoyed that episode. It even felt like the mid-season finale, but there is one to go before the break.

I can't help but think that
    Rachel will die by Gallo's hands (somehow) before the end of season 6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

I can't help but think that
    Rachel will die by Gallo's hands (somehow) before the end of season 6
    Finally out of prison, yeah don't think we've seen the last of Gallo. And they need to create issues, so good call. They've tied up a lot of the stories until now, it'll be interesting to see what they do to create a new story arc. Mike going to work with the traders seems the obvious, if boring route. :(

This was the first episode I have watched having to wait, having binged from the start to S6E8 in a couple of weeks :pac: Really enjoying it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Am I the only 1 that was hoping that Mike would get shivved??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Also, Donna in mud, happy place :D

Clareman wrote: »
    Also, Donna in mud, happy place :D

Funny scene, but she didn't look sexy. Not to me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Brilliant episode. One more left until the finale and then it's a 4 month wait?

Mid Season finale. Back in January for the last 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

What an episode, unreal.

Another thing I liked was when
    Mike turned up at the court room, wasn't expecting that

• Registered Users Posts: 18,130 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Very good episode but it's all a bit ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Have they even taken a full case this season

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

Mid Season finale. Back in January for the last 6.

Isn't there one more episode next week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

rob316 wrote: »
    Very good episode but it's all a bit ridiculous.

I never understand this - It doesn't pretend to be a "realistic legal drama".. Entertainment > realism.
    To quote an example I've used before, it's like complaining that an 80's Arnie action flick doesn't leave you with deep thoughts to consider when the credits roll.

As you say though, it was a very good episode this week. I somehow don't think we've seen the last of Gallo either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I never understand this - It doesn't pretend to be a "realistic legal drama".. Entertainment > realism.
    To quote an example I've used before, it's like complaining that an 80's Arnie action flick doesn't leave you with deep thoughts to consider when the credits roll.

I agree with you to a large extent but some of the plot points are becoming farcical such as the SEC handing out immunity and freedom like nobody's business to anyone Mike names or Donna now being this caricature of herself where she gets what she wants from people by saying "I'm Donna" or the script overusing the "unnoticed person arrives from stage left to instantly solve problem" tactic.

Yes its entertainment but it needs to be somewhat grounded in reality. It used to be very law firm and legal matter centric focused on Mikes photo-memory skill which made him unique whereas now it's just a very generic drama.

I am enjoying it this year and I love tuning it but I find myself saying "oh for gods sake" at least once an episode.

I am enjoying it this year and I love tuning it but I find myself saying "oh for gods sake" at least once an episode.

I love the way characters get a legal briefing and after a very cursory look at the top page they can take it all in :pac:

But things like that don't bother me really.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

This season is an exercise in contrived story telling.

Mike getting dragged down and changed by the prison system would have been a better story and believeable. Becoming a person everyone really despises etc would have been much better than the muck they have served up.

Dempsey wrote: »
    Mike getting dragged down and changed by the prison system would have been a better story and believeable.

There are plenty of documentaries on prisons.

This was only a necessary detour from the main story line.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

There are plenty of documentaries on prisons.

This was only a necessary detour from the main story line.

How long was Mike in prison? Not even a month and he's solved a white collar crime while getting himself and 2 other people deals and sorting out the prison kingpin.

Lets not mention Harvey being allow into the prison general population area outside of a lockdown threatening prisoners and Mikes night out from prison.

Im not looking for a documentary but this show has left any grounding in reality well behind.

Im sure he'll be back practicing law in 2 more episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

It's been half a season of deus ex machina to get themselves out of the plot-hole they dug themselves into with Mike getting found out.

The show probably should have ended last season with Mike going to jail or they should have moved the timeline forward 6 months/1 year at a minimum.

It's still relatively enjoyable but any semblence of reality is long gone.

It's been half a season of deus ex machina to get themselves out of the plot-hole they dug themselves into with Mike getting found out.

??? How was that a plot hole? Seeing as it was central to the plot. You do know the writers had to write the script where "Mike gets caught", it wasn't a surprise to them. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

It's still relatively enjoyable but any semblence of reality is long gone.

Opposed to the most successful law practice in New York hiring someone with no application no references and no proof of qualification?

I don't think there was ever a semblance of reality to be fair... GODDAMNIT!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I think the problem is that for 5 seasons they've gone on about someone nearly finding out Mikes secret as the ultimate bad thing to happen and the one thing that everyone feared. Then it happened. And he was out after 8 episodes with barely a scratch and taking his new friend free too as if the SEC bowed to whatever he wanted. Now that big bad enemy is gone and they'll really need to pull something out to make it more than a run of the mill drama.

Louis is now a total doormat and comic relief when he used to be feared. Donna is bewilderingly the answer to any problem.

I do still love it, don't get me wrong but they're running out of steam pretty fast.

Advertisement