Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suits - USA Network *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,130 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Feck that was a great finale. Right in the feels it gets ya.

It's all come full circle hopefully it gets back to been that slick law drama again with a bit of humour.

Watch back one episode from the first few seasons and you'll see how serious the tone has gotten.

Maybe we will even like a character again.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ps3man

Only a few episodes in and by god am I struggling with the new season. I hate the way the producers are trying to make us feel sympathy for a few millionaires who have to pay out of their own pocket to fix a mess that they created. I just can't feel empathy with that scenario and frankly I just don't care. Season 1 - 3 I watched and couldn't stop watching, now I don't even know if I am bothered to keep going. I just don't care about the sub plot with the firm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

ps3man wrote: »
    Only a few episodes in and by god am I struggling with the new season. I hate the way the producers are trying to make us feel sympathy for a few millionaires who have to pay out of their own pocket to fix a mess that they created. I just can't feel empathy with that scenario and frankly I just don't care. Season 1 - 3 I watched and couldn't stop watching, now I don't even know if I am bothered to keep going. I just don't care about the sub plot with the firm.

Keep watching. The first few episodes were poor but it gets great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

finale was absolutely fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Agreed. Mike's story was way down the pecking order, and the episode was all the better for it.

Best episode this season so far.

The back 6 in January should be interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just watched it now... that was outstanding. Just like last year they've pulled it out of the bag for the last few episodes.
    Looks like the rumors of Jessica leaving were true, but at least we got to see her put in a great performance in court and indeed as a whole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I enjoyed that episode aswell. Will they Merge with Robert Zayn? Will they hire a new senior partner? Lots of questions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Big Turd

Whats with the gap until january?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Big Turd wrote: »
    Whats with the gap until january?

I'm proud of myself for not going all After Hours ...

It's a mid season break. It happens every year. It's back early in January, possibly the 2nd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Big Turd

But why such a gap? No other shows do that do they?

• Advertisement

I imagine they have the bones of the full series written, but take a break between filming. Some other series do it.

I know what you mean though.

usa do their prime shows to fit around most mainstream shows. Nearly all usa shows have series breaks like this. usually 10 then 6 episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Mac B

A lot of US shows take a mid season break, I believe it's to do with ratings during their football season. Ratings will drop as s they get closer to the Superbowl so most top shows take a long break so they don't lose ratings.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mr E wrote: »

First black queen of England... once Wills and Kate decide to escape their fate. :D

bpb101 wrote: »
    Spamn. Not news.

It's hard to tell these days. It's probably 50/50 in the indo and getting worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭K3v

Poor opening Ep. to the 2nd half of the season. Mike trying a new profession without the necessary qualifications. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

time to stop watching this junk. Can't handle the constant shouting and arguments anymore. When was the last time they were actually in a courtroom defending a client?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,130 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I don't know why but I keep watching it and its the same thing over and over.

"Our firm is under attack"
    "If we don't sort this, there will be no firm tomorrow"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I used to love this show and I'll definitely stick it out, but talk about flogging a dead horse. At this stage I'm looking forward to the McGuffin of getting Mike back into law because I cannot stand this melodrama that has repeatedly unfolded for (particularly) the last two seasons.

That aside, and presuming the writers are not just cashing paycheques at this stage, that was one of the poorest and most boring mid-season openers of any show I can recall.

Let's hope they have some kind of plan in place that they're building towards.

I'm most interested in Zane... he's up to something, perhaps not bad... but he is VERY keen to merge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

That was a poor return. They were all happy as pie at the beginning of the episode and they were fighting like cats and dogs by the end.

Hopefully Mike will go working for the firm's trader tenants now. There is plenty of scope there for them taking the p out of Louis again.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Harvey is coming across as a fairly pathetic individual thinking that everyone he works with is 'family' and I dont think that character arc is intentional.

Dempsey wrote: »
    Harvey is coming across as a fairly pathetic individual thinking that everyone he works with is 'family' and I dont think that character arc is intentional.

It's a real kick in the teeth for his father, considering his actual dad is in the show :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

It's a real kick in the teeth for his father, considering his actual dad is in the show :pac:

His dad is dead. He died from a heart attack. It was shown in a flash back episode in season 1 or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,268 ✭✭✭squonk

Agree. Poor opening. It must be the writing of something but the whole screaming fit Harvey had with Louis seemed just staged to be more dramatic than it needed to be and looked silly. Also, Mike going on about how tough his time in prison was.... come on! He was there like 2 weeks or something before Harvey got him out. Hardly long enough even if I'm wrong to merit the whole "I had it hard" gibberish. Anita Gibbs position looks stupid at this point too. Whatever happened, Mike was convicted and is now free after serving time, even if it was 5 minutes. He's free to do what he likes. The whole teacher gig was a total waste of time. We already knew he couldn't get a job for love nor money. Despite his blustering, he'll be back at Harvey's side by episode 5.

I think the show may be on the far side of its peek at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

His dad is dead. He died from a heart attack. It was shown in a flash back episode in season 1 or 2.

Whoosh! :P

e37.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

Eh.... his dad is an actor.... he's talking about REAL LIFE... google stephen macht

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Didn't know this was back this week but caught up this morning...

It was OK is all I'd say.. more of the same really, and we've already been down the road of Mike going elsewhere so I'd imagine he'll be back within 3/4 episodes.

Looks like Katrina is coming back as well. Needs more Daniel Hardman though I think! One thing that I don't miss though is Jessica. With the exception of the few episodes before the break she's never really added much IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

I love katrina and Lewis with their shenanigans. Their relationship is just very, I dunno pure or something.
    I love donna but some of the "I know you went easy on Lewis during that fight and therefore that meant you took your anger out on Mike earlier and so I know the whole story already" thing is kinda annoying. We get it she can read people, you don't have to go into a whole long winded explanation of how she knows. It just gets a bit tiresome and I actually love her character but it's almost caricature territory now.
    Harvey is a babe as always.

Advertisement