Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suits - USA Network *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I liked the show for ages, but it's really struggling now, it's just going through the motions and it's very poor, ffs Mike is just out of prison and is offered a job, turns it down, looks for a job, can't get 1, then gets 1 but is fired, then f**ks the guy who was going to give him a job out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,268 ✭✭✭squonk

Pretty good episode this week. I'm not sure where Mike's Good Samaritan career is leading but it made for a decent watch. Also Harvey's family turned out more interesting than I first expected. I'm sure they'll need his help before long. My guess is it's bob who'll come a cropper requiring Harvey to put on his shït kickers and kick some despite not being a bob fan, which will ultimately lead to reconciliation and acceptance!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Major McGuffin aside (and let's be fair, this show has always relied upon McGuffins to get into their stories and then major McGuffins to get out of them) I agree that it was a pretty decent episode and hopefully sets the board for the rest of the season and the next.

I'm not convinced this will get renewed so I hope they wrap it up well over the next 1.5 seasons.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Ultimately i think harvey will find out that his dad wasn't the saint he thought he was

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

So this woman would rather spend all her money on motels and let her kid nearly die than pay someone to fix a window and deduct it from the rent, sending an invoice for repairs? There's no helping that kind of idiot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

So this woman would rather spend all her money on motels and let her kid nearly die than pay someone to fix a window and deduct it from the rent, sending an invoice for repairs? There's no helping that kind of idiot.

Good point.

Im not hardware expert , but throwing a blanket / tshirt in the window gap would fix the issue.(short term)
    It makes a point though if anybody here is having landlord problems send letters and register them

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Another terrible episode I thought. So you have a problem with a landlord so you do nothing but stop paying rent, F**K OFF. You don't talk to your mother for years then your company is going through the mill and your going to be the boss so then you decide to go to your mother, F**K OFF.

I also noticed but I'm not willing to re-watch the program again that Mike and Rachel don't kiss anymore, just pecks on the forehead or cheek, might be something to do with her new boyfriend or I'm just noticing something that's not there, but I wouldn't be willing to watch either of the last 2 episodes again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Clareman wrote: »

I also noticed but I'm not willing to re-watch the program again that Mike and Rachel don't kiss anymore, just pecks on the forehead or cheek, might be something to do with her new boyfriend or I'm just noticing something that's not there, but I wouldn't be willing to watch either of the last 2 episodes again.

would you kiss meghan markle after whats been on them lips these days. insert cringe face here

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The Donna. Really? That was such a jumping the shark moment that it should no longer be called jumping the shark and instead should be called The Donna.

Yeah, I'm not sure where 'The Donna' came out of! Aside from Donna sexually harassing the IT guy... WTF??? Mind you I wouldn't have minded being the IT guy all the same ;).

I said before that Mike would be back with Harvey come episode 5. I think the writers moved even faster on that at the rate it's going but I didn't expect him to be back being a lawyer by episode 5 also! Again... WTF???

I think the writers are just going through the motions at this stage. I was expecting some pain or some effort on Mike's behalf to pass the Bar but it's becoming no better than a soap at this point. Mike goes to prison for something serious. Has serious drama. Gets out after a few weeks thanks to Harvey. Mike can't find a job because he's not a real lawyer. Finds a crappy job. Crappy job starts to go south within days. Gets admitted to the bar thanks to Harvey. Hilarity ensues!

Mike needs to ditch that Sofia woman. Doesn't engage with her landlord properly, doesn't read her mail, blames everyone else but herself for her kid getting sick, takes Mike's money but doesn't hand over the cheque as her kid needs to go to the hospital pronto. He'll hardly die if she's away for an hour! Eschews a settlement and jumps to get a notional windfall she reckons is coming. What a loser! I hope Mike cancelled that cheque!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,130 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Ya I'm done with it I reckon, the stupidity of the plot of getting Mike into the new York bar is too much. How does he even get into it if he never went to law school?

FFS, the Donna. Have they forgotten completely that the show is set in a law office, ffs Donna's sexual harassment of yerman was cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

"The Donna" was a new low, it really was.

It's like the writer's don't even bother anymore. At the end of the last episode Mike shouts at Harvey and basically tells him to leave him alone and get the f*ck out of his business, and then at the beginning of this episode he's over in his house apologizing. WHAT?

it's turned into one of those shows like The Walking Dead that I've invested so much time in over the years, I can't stop watching it, even though it's awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Stopped watching this junk a few weeks ago and my life is better for it.

Tune over to Legion, now THATS a show

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Cina wrote: »
    It's like the writer's don't even bother anymore. At the end of the last episode Mike shouts at Harvey and basically tells him to leave him alone and get the f*ck out of his business, and then at the beginning of this episode he's over in his house apologizing. WHAT?

And then later on in the episode they have another argument before they make up again at the end of the episode. Are they bipolar?

Anyone else think that the whole dodge Bar admin guy is just a ethics setup that they'll pass because they'll decide it's not worth getting Mike back into it just to shaft someone else?

Anyone else think that the whole dodge Bar admin guy is just a ethics setup that they'll pass because they'll decide it's not worth getting Mike back into it just to shaft someone else?

Maybe but unlikely. I mean, Rachel is the only legitimate entrant in question. She's a lock. I mean, looking in real terms, there have to be so many ambulance chasers and Lionel Hutz types having passed the NY Bar the Rachel isn't that bad. He'll! If Mike can get in now, it's a sure thing for Rachel. The big issue here is you'd swear the beardy lawyer was the only arbiter here. Mike is a convicted fraudster. Good luck getting a unanimous decision there no matter what influence the beardy guy has. It's really stuff like this that shows the writers are just going through the motions at this stage. Right now I'd kill for abHessington Oil season again, and I think we all felt that was a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

Stopped watching this junk a few weeks ago and my life is better for it.

Tune over to Legion, now THATS a show

I don't disagree that Suits has gone to crap but you can't compare a show that is 1 episode old to one that's in it's 6th season!! If Legion manages to last 6 seasons I'm sure there will be plenty of people hating it by then too. I think the lesson is to know when it's time to call it a day, e.g. Breaking Bad. Not many successful shows manage to do that, e.g. The Simpsons... and probably most shows that last beyond 6 or 7 seasons.

I think Gina Torres leaving is a real sign that the show is past it's sell by date. Both she and Larry Fishburne seem to be serious about their work and are usually involved in good projects. My guess is she saw the drop in quality and bailed before things got too bad, or she saw what was coming and it confirmed her suspicions. They should have wrapped with Mike going to jail. Let's not forget that this show started out as a USA summer show. Fine premise for a summer show and it was well executed but it's been retooled as a major show which drove it forward for a while but the wheels are well and truly in the ditch now. I see they're at 94 episodes now. I wonder are they pushing for the magic syndication number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

squonk wrote: »
    I see they're at 94 episodes now. I wonder are they pushing for the magic syndication number?

They are already past 88 eps.

• Advertisement

Thanks. Thought it was 100 for syndication.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

One of Suits' biggest problems is this stupid mid-season break for a show with a 16 episode season.

Coming back with 6 episodes gives absolutely no time to build any compelling consistent narrative and instead it's a complete rush through stories like Mike and Harvey having an almost schizophrenic relationship. Give it a straight 16 episode arc or at least two runs of 10.

"The Donna" was a truly horrific moment for this show. Absolutely pointless episode filler that was insulting to long-time viewers.

EDIT: Donna is one of my bug-bears of the show these days too. She used to be a charming, savvy, problem-solver with wit and humour. She's now morphed into an overblown caricature of herself where it's catchphrases, arrogance and entitlement. It's ruined her appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

squonk wrote: »
    Thanks. Thought it was 100 for syndication.

It used to be that 100 episodes was the golden number for syndication but recently that has been dropped to 88 episodes to be acceptable. The rationale is that 88 episodes is typically 4 seasons long for most shows.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Wow, that was one of the worst episodes of any program ever.

Shockingly bad.

Shockingly bad.

At least I'll be watching with lowered expectations. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Shockingly bad.

Watching now... This whole "The Donna" thing was bad enough for one week, but they're still carrying it on? Who on earth signed off on that at production level?

F**king hell, the worst thing is the worst part wasn't The Donna becoming sentient, Mike conning his way to a law suit or a lawyer being able to offer a settlement of $350 million, it was the fact that a numpty of a lawyer who didn't know to object to inadmissible evidence last week thinks he's a failure because he's only able to do 6 papers when top Harvard graduates with experience in major law firms are able to do 8, FFS he should have been delighted he was so close to them. If it wasn't for the fact I've been watching this for so long I'd have checked out a long time ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Haven't started watching yet since its returned but reading the post suggests im not missing much.

Haven't started watching yet since its returned but reading the post suggests im not missing much.

Don't ruin what used to be a fairly decent show by watching it anymore, the finish was when Mike went off to prison, there wasn't any more after that.

• Advertisement

Just watched it. Okay, apart from the bizarre Donna DongleTM

It was a welcome return to form. I enjoyed it.

Advertisement