Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suits - USA Network *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

I'm liking it, but no tension.

I dont like the dona thing, i think its too "im great, im dona". The device is constantly saying it . It was rare she said it before this season. Now its 5/6 times a show.

Also, how did the whole IT staff leave and only this guy stay, who would have to do all the maintenance on servers etc as they would normally have to(as they wouldn't have scaled their their IT)
    and be able to spend his days making a Amazon echo. I cant see where he could possibly get the time. He's adding bazaar AI features in less than a day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

bpb101 wrote: »
    He's adding bazaar AI features in less than a day

And still managing to feel inadequate :)

Yeah, good way of putting it, lack of tension.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

They don't have any clients or cases. IT is the least of their worries!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was she really a fan favourite? Much as I like Torres and what her character could have been she was little more than a goddamn prop on the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

An impeccably dressed prop, but yep, she didn't enough to warrant her own series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Its be absolute tripe. I watched the last episode just now and as the one before, found myself fast forwarding through all the bs (the donna?) and soppy conversations between people that seem to go nowhere but last an age (Lewis, lewis and lewis. And his missus).

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I've only watched the first episode but it sounds like I should not bother watching any more

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

It's a terrible show, badly acted. Same basic storylines repeated over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭squonk

I think it's unfair to say the show is poorly acted. Rick Hoffman is a great actor when he's given something to work with. Gina Torres is not slouch either and, on the whole, I think the cast is decent when given good material. Good material though is in short supply these days.

This latest episode was utter dross. The writing is so weak these days that it's like they're just dragging out formulas. Everybody shouts at each other and, in the end, a clever plan will be hatched to ensure that Harvey & Co save the day.

I don't know where the hell the Donna AI is going. I started to wonder this week if the writers thought they were working on 24 or something between Louis & Harvey hiring the hacker and The Donna malarkey. Also, I just don't get Donna & Ben talking about the device like it's their dream. Donna didn't know about the thing till 3 episodes ago and Ben doesn't even know how the thing is working so we're hardly talking about Sergey Brin, Gates, Jobs & Woz here. The whole thing seems like a vehicle to knock Donna down a few pegs for some reason.

Louis and Tara, I just don't get it at this point. The whole "I'm sleeping elsewhere and I'll talk to you later' thing makes no sense. He didn't kill anybody and he didn't personally break the law. he used it for his own ends which is fairly small potatoes given what usually happens at PSL.

I'm rapidly losing interest. This was a show that I loved. In it's hayday I used to look forward to both itself and White Collar and reckoned that USA has some of the best shows going. Now Suits is gone to hell and White Collar bowed out in time before it got stupid.

So Mike's back in the bar now, or is he? I'm sure there'll be more BS before he finally gets there. I have no empathy for Mike at this point. He's a whiney bitch who, instead of working to get somewhere like his wife, is getting his dream job handed to him on a platter and still whines about it not being given to him quite the way he wants it.

I sure hope the Jessica spin off is better if it happens.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Not sure why they'd do a Jessica Spinoff. If anything Louis should have his own show, probably with Donna in it too..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,130 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Its just gone so bad, very single character is totally unlikable. There was a time when Harvey was cool and Mike was smart and savvy. All they do now is whinge.

I think I'll watch it next week and call it a day, quality has plummeted.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Please please please tell me that's the end of it

Please please please tell me that's the end of it

Haven't seen it - do you mean 'The Donna'? If not don't tell me :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Haven't seen it - do you mean 'The Donna'? If not don't tell me :D

No I meant the whole show, that's the last episode, I can't remember ever been glad a show was finished before.

I thought it was already renewed for next year.

It felt like a finale. A ****e finale.

I thought it was already renewed for next year.

J@ysus I hope not, the last few episodes really seem to be stretching to get to the magic 88 for syndication.

Ah b0llix it looks like there's going to be a seventh season or maybe a spin-off http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/suits-season-6-finale-spinoff-981677

I used to enjoy this show and actually binge watched about 3 series in a month, but it really has jumped the shark, I don't think I could watch another episode let alone another series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Like most here I binged on the first few series, story lines were great, acting was good etc...

The last few episodes have been the worst I've seen, even the acting is awful.
    I actually liked Jessica, I know she didn't have a huge part to play but what she did was always solid and well acted.
    I for one would welcome a Jessica spin off...

I think they need to call it a day on the main show though , "the Donna" was the final nail in the coffin and one of the most bizarre and utterly pointless story lines I've ever seen...

Bring back Daniel Hardman..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,973 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

"The Donna" aside and everything associated with that I don't see the hate for the recent series. Al characters evolved throughout, and it's nicely set up for the next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Quazzie wrote: »
    "The Donna" aside and everything associated with that I don't see the hate for the recent series. Al characters evolved throughout, and it's nicely set up for the next season.

Yea, with the exception of the whole The Donna thing, it's been pretty much more of the same with all its good and bad points. It's not supposed to be a serious legal drama, but for the most part it's still watchable if variable.

For example.. the scenes with Oliver being all sanctimonious and Mike trying to justify himself to this kid that he only met a few weeks ago were just painful.. ditto the whole "I'm not coming back here Harvey" stuff.. of course he is!

And sure everything was wrapped up neatly in the last 10 minutes... but again, that's how it's always been too!

It's nowhere near as good as it was in the early seasons, but there needs to be less internal bickering and shouting and a credible outside threat or mission for them to unite behind... needs more Hardman or someone like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Dj

Don't ruin what used to be a fairly decent show by watching it anymore, the finish was when Mike went off to prison, there wasn't any more after that.

I have to agree here. I thought the natural end for the show was Mike going to prison.
    I have invested so much time watching this I wanted to bring it to a conclusion but I gave up a few weeks ago, can't bare to watch anymore.
    The whole Donna thing is cringe, Louis story is pointless as for Mike I couldn't care less about him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭Bargain Blake

The Donna - What the actual fcuk has that got to do with law and suits?!

So Jessica leaves and STILL Harvey could not put the firm first. He deserves to be out on his ass!!

I wont be in a rush to see this come back, talk about a show going downhill soooooooo fast!

Decent enough final episode, and I don't think we'll be seeing 'the Donna' back again.

Set up to 'reboot' the series for Season 7.

But, what really happened in Season 6 was as follows...

Mike has spent all of Season 6 in Jail, but it was sooo horrific a time that he did a Bobby Ewing and imagined all of season 6 as a coping mechanism.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

I stopped watching when Mike went to prision. Pointless show doing that, if he had to have got off the show could have gone somewhere, perhaps a falling out with Harvey and Jessica and him joining a rival firm.

As it is, since prision its been dreaful.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,973 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I stopped watching when Mike went to prision........

As it is, since prision its been dreaful.
    How do you know if you stopped watching?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I thought it was a decent finale given the season that was in it.

It's at least hit the reset button which is good, in that Mike's lie is no longer and can no longer be an issue. Hopefully this means that they'll finally go back to being about lawsuits and mikes abilities which it was initially so focused on.

And my word, was that episode the king of the 'third person shows up to resolve/move on the issue by surprise, irrespective of the "surprise" being utterly unfathomable' given that they appear out of thin air'.

And my word, was that episode the king of the 'third person shows up to resolve/move on the issue by surprise, irrespective of the "surprise" being utterly unfathomable' given that they appear out of thin air'.

I think the words you are looking for are Deus Ex Machina :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Tramore Tilly

I am so close to giving up on Suits. These last two series are beyond awful. Anita Gibbs is actually the only saving grace. If the dialogue wasn't bad enough, the God awful music accompanying the dramatic pauses makes it worse. They are destroying all the great characters! That 'Donna' box is ludicrous..not meant in a rude way at all.

Advertisement