Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing moss in tarmac

• 27-07-2010 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

Have a problem with moss coming through the tarmacadam. It's a sizeable area that hasn't been touched in about 20 years. Moss is also a problem on the walls.

Can anyone suggest a remedy for this? Are there sprays on the market or is the only way to remove it by hand? Is such a service offered professionally?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

The only way I have ever been able to get rid of it is with a pressure washer. I have never found the proprietary moss killers any use at all -- in fact some of them almost seem to encourage it. There are small firms around who offer a pressure washing service if you can't DIY. Worth a look in Golden Pages or a local newspaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭chuchyface

Watered down bleach in a spray bottle works pretty good. I also heard that salt kills moss.

Advertisement