Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

With BOI and changed address? Check if you are receiving statements

Options
  • 27-07-2010 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Lost my atm over a month ago and contacted the bank for a reissue. No sign of it a week later, rang , nothing again a week later, went to bank, reissued again, week later no sign. Talked to a customer care guy in the bank and he arranged for the card to be sent to the branch, which I have just collected, and look into what happened.

The thing is it looks like the cards were being sent to my old address as well as my statements. I have my four accounts with BOI, current, joint and two deposits along with credit card, mortgage, pension and life so the amount of correspondence is big, unless it looks like a letter it gets chucked on the pile. If I want to check my account I look on line.

When I moved house over three years ago someone in the bank changed my address on all accounts and products. When they asked me to confirm my address they confirmed my present address on my current account. Yet when correspondence on my current account was sent out it went to my old address.

Now this hasn't adversely affected me - yet, no dodgy transactions on my account and I hold myself as responsible as the bank but the cc guy couldn't explain how it happened besides different systems on different platforms and upgrades and they sort of thing, but he has logged it, however I'm not holding my breath on getting the low down if/when they figure it out.

Anyone encounter similar or have any idea what could have caused this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Mort5000

Anyone encounter similar or have any idea what could have caused this?

Yeah. Each time I move I have the same issue.
    The current account (and other direct branch accounts) get the correct address.
    I then have to separately update the credit card, share trading and other accounts.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭ShumanTheHuman

Mort5000 wrote: »
    Yeah. Each time I move I have the same issue.
    The current account (and other direct branch accounts) get the correct address.
    I then have to separately update the credit card, share trading and other accounts.

:)

I think you miss the point - when my current account address was checked it was to my correct address, all of my account/product addresses were checked and were correct. Something was going wrong at the point of producing correspondence for my current account

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Mort5000

Ah.
    Must be magic then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭ShumanTheHuman

Mort5000 wrote: »
    Ah.
    Must be magic then.

No I'm sure its a technical issue or something to do with the processes involved and I'm trying to see if someone can shed any light on the situation. If you are suggesting that some dishonesty may be involved by the bank employees who had been dealing who had been with me then please elaborate

Advertisement