Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Popcorn Hour A-200

Options
  • 27-07-2010 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭

Has anyone tried Popcorn Hour A-200? Any good?
    I have WDTV (first gen).. you can mod it and all that and was just wondering if Popcorn Hour A-200 is as good or better...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I haven't used it, but I've heard it's excellent. I also have the WDTV - I just wanted something a bit simpler after my last media center, plus it was a bit cheaper than the popcorn hour as well.

Do you mind me asking what mods you've done to the WDTV?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I'd also be interested in what mods can be done to the WDTV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

There are tons of options and combination
    Changed firmware from official one to WDLXTV
    Then using USB stick to boot up with LaurentG.app.bin

So my home screen looks like this

Home.jpg

All the folders and menus are then replaced with custom made no easy shortcut here, you have to create all images yourself but its not hard, and you can create them the way you want

TV Shows browse view:

PosterBrowse.jpg

Select show then inside you have episodes view

PosterEpisodes.jpg

And so on...

Same you can do with the films and music

Movie sheet once you go into the specific folder..
    wdtvw.jpg

This is only view and setup i prefer , there are lots of different configs you can do but as everything you have to put in effort and time
    ;)

That's pretty cool! I'd love to add some wireless ability to mine.

What gen of WDTV do you have? you can add wireless even to wdtv get 1 but only some wireless usb sticks are supported

Edit, eh, we should get mod to change title of this thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Hey - with the TV shows. Did you use some software to get the separate avi files for each episode. I have a few TV shows in iso format, problem is (as you probably know) the wdtv doesnt do dvd menus, so im left with manually splitting the iso into episodes using dvd decryptor - which is a pain.

yep, dvd decryptor is what i had to use. Totally agee, what a pain!!!

Edit, eh, we should get mod to change title of this thread

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your thread. I've heard the popcorn hour is the one of the best media players available for what it's worth.

eoin wrote: »
    Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your thread. I've heard the popcorn hour is the one of the best media players available for what it's worth.

No, i don’t mean it in a negative way. I'm thinking as our discussion moved towards WDTV then changing the subject would pull in other WDTV users so we can all share our experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Does the A-200 do chapters - that the biggest drawback of the wdtv imo.

Btw just browsing around and found an app called handbrake - sounds like it automatically splits chapters into separate files automatically. Gonna have a look over the weekend.

• Advertisement

thanks i'll try that one.

Advertisement