Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kippure Challenge Round 3 ( Report - kinda )

• 27-07-2010 12:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

I know lots of you serious MTBers out there are far too good to have considered heading along to race #03 of the Kippure Challenge at the weekend but your missing out fun event that's suitable for those who have just started out to those that have more than a few runs under the saddle.

For a couple of photos and a nice trail description clickade click

Capture-49.jpg

The last event in the series is on at the end of August and would be great to see a big turn out.

Laters,

Adrian

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I would like to give that one a go actually ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

For a couple of photos and a nice trail description

http://www.trackandtrail.ie/
    Service Unavailable
    HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭adrianshanahan

Lumen wrote: »
    http://www.trackandtrail.ie/
    Service Unavailable
    HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.

Just checked all on the server side and all seems to be ok now, sorry about that.

Caroline be great to have you and anyone else along to the next on on the 22nd of August.

Adrian

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭mtbireland

I'm trying to send some beginners along to the next one. Problem is all the bikers I know are seasoned riders and there is no category for them to go and ride this... perhaps a support XC shortcourse race at the next one as a bit of a demo event. I know we would enter a few riders into this.

Hey,

There were a few ringers in the Sports A class inc the National XC champ, so all welcome. I'm not one of the orgnisers but helped out a tiny tiny amount.

But I see what your saying, I will be chatting to some of the lads who set it up proper later and going to float the idea of an "expert" type class for the finial event.

Adrian

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Any underage events at the next one?

Specifically thinking of 8-10 year olds.

Might make it easier to sell to the boss ;)

Hey Rob,

There is an under age section at all of these events from 8-10 and upwards,on their own special track that's right in front of the start/finish line.

If you need any more help to sell it, there is loads of parking right on site... also the coffee shop does some mean Scones with Jam and cream.

Less than 40mins form Dublin.

Great day out.

Adrian

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭mtbireland

I wouldn't run with experst or elites or anything like that Adrian... Just get the main clubs to get some teams together and have it as an interclub demo XC event... same short non technical course but lots more laps...keep it just under the hour mark for the winner. Suggest it to Mick anyway... something similar to IMBRC's relay in Tymon but without the relay bit...!

Advertisement