Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone at home - no connection since upgrade

• 27-07-2010 12:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

I arrived home last Friday to find my broadband connection had dropped. Checked status on my Linksys router and I had no external IP address, tried reconnecting but no luck.
    Connected the PC direct to the (admittedly ancient, received from BT in June 2005) Zyxel P623r-t1 modem and checked the status. Noticed the speed was now 6meg down 512k up so looks like my line was upgraded. DSL connect light is solid so its synching fine, a check of my line stats indicates I'm good up to about 8mb. Haven't been able to contact BT yet as I haven't been home during their support hours and assume its pointless calling them unless at the PC for them to run through their checks.

Has anyone else had a similar problem, synching fine but no IP address assigned?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Yes, but my problem is ongoing for months and is completey unrelated to upgrades. Try using the generic username and password.

vodafone@vodafone.ie
    broadband

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Thanks, I'll try that before I call them. Was wondering if it was login related, my login name is still an @iolbb one so was thinking they may be changing these but assumed they'd notify people before anything like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

No, perlico users weren't notified of the change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Yes, but my problem is ongoing for months and is completey unrelated to upgrades. Try using the generic username and password.

vodafone@vodafone.ie
    broadband
    This worked when i used it without .ie at the end, thanks!

EDIT: Called vodafone support to get my proper account details and it's my phone number@vodafone.ie with broadband as the password e.g. if your number is 01 2345678 it'll be 12345678@vodafone.ie

...just in case anyone else runs into this problem, might save a few minutes of awful on hold music :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

the folks over in the boards Vodafone forum will usually sort these sort of things very quickly

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1270

• Advertisement
Advertisement