Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often should a hospital room be cleaned and mopped?

Options
  • 27-07-2010 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

my husband is in a private room in hospital at the moment and the room has not been mopped or even cleaned since he was admitted last thursday (today is tuesday). There is a really bad smell in the room from the previous patient, I addressed this with the nurse and she just said that there was no smell!! (i must be going mad so). Also we had to remove the bin as it was overflowing. I was under the illusion that all rooms and wards should be mopped daily but even when we requested it to be done it wasn't.. Surely this is not right?:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭INCONFIDENCE

If you work in an are with a rotten smell you get used to it, in fact you don't notice it. Look at Slurry Speaders and those who work with fish. This hospital sounds like a dirty dump and you have little choice but to kick up. I knows it embarassing but what would you do if you husband caught an infection because you did not want to make a scene

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

Why is this in the Meath forum? Is this hospital in Meath?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭INCONFIDENCE

What does it matter where the hospital is , are you looking for gossip. I know you would like to know but like to know does not solve a problem. If you knew wnere it was you would probably think all other hospitals are oki. You never comment on the just asked where this awfaul sounding place was . Anyway why should anyone who is not posting uner their own nam be allowed to name a hospital or accuse anyone annoymously.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

What does it matter where the hospital is , are you looking for gossip. I know you would like to know but like to know does not solve a problem. If you knew wnere it was you would probably think all other hospitals are oki. You never comment on the just asked where this awfaul sounding place was . Anyway why should anyone who is not posting uner their own nam be allowed to name a hospital or accuse anyone annoymously.

Actually the poster only wanted to know why it was in the Meath forum, surely there would be a more suitable forum with a better response.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

Wow! you must have had a bad day at work!!! As Dufff Man said I only wanted to know why the post was in the Meath forum and asked if the hospital was in Meath as then it would have been relevant in this forum.

Get some anger management councilling! ;)

• Advertisement

chewed wrote: »
    Wow! you must have had a bad day at work!!! As Dufff Man said I only wanted to know why the post was in the Meath forum and asked if the hospital was in Meath as then it would have been relevant in this forum.

Get some anger management councilling! ;)

If only there was a like button like Facebook has

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    If only there was a like button like Facebook has

Could you expand?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Could you expand?
    Explain in detail with reference to the text?

Could you expand?

I'd rather not

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭gipi

This document might be useful to the OP

HSE National Cleaning Standards Manual

The document is in pdf format, you'll need adobe reader to read it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement