Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Festival of World Cultures??? a disappointing year

Options
  • 27-07-2010 1:16pm

Hi Guys

was at the festival this year and i found it quite disappointing ? did any one share the same experience and why???

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

maybe a little. It's gotten very crowded over the last 2 years. People i guess are catching on that it's a great atmosphere there and is of course free.Can't exactly put my finger on what was dissapointing though.

That food run just in front of the main stage is a nightmare if you're hungry. it's not wide enough to handle the crowd. There always seems to be plenty of space down by the main stage though but the others seem to be too crowded.

I think if you approach it with low enough expectations it's a relaxing day (especially with a bit of sun) but maybe there's just too many people at it now.

The guards were very hardcore about taking drink off people in front of the main stage (you can see why but they were a little OTT in my opinion) . It needs to retain it's family atmosphere which is perfectly fine.

I think it's a perfect place to bring kids to but maybe 2-3 hours is enough for someone popping down with friends. But you can't fault the location by the pier etc. It makes it very unique and attractive. I guess music wise what i saw that day wasn't bad but The Fantastic Adventures of Captain Magic (who weren't on the official lineup or anything) were brill.. Hope they do well. They seem to be on the busking circuit for a while.

thanks Mark

Advertisement