Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Limerick 50 sexiest men..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭Captain Average

The only tossbags who will vote for this are the same tossbags whose mission it is every weekend to get into the Out and About section of the Limerick Post. Vain, Vacuous, gobsh*tes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

zuroph wrote: »
    It's back :eek:
    I think there was a fair few glaring additions too, not just omissions!

+1

Oh Im so pleased this is back, it was priceless last year. Loads of fat cats,with red faces and big bellies.

I'm gona spam The Limerick Chronicle with my votes. John Smith-unemployed FTW!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

We should all decide on one man and then get as many as possible to nominate for him......be intersesting to see would he even be considered! So any suggestions? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

InsectOverlord is a fine looking chap...we should push him for the win...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

YFlyer wrote: »
    I say Raiser
    The only tossbags who will vote for this are the same tossbags whose mission it is every weekend to get into the Out and About section of the Limerick Post. Vain, Vacuous, gobsh*tes.
    Well I guess it all started the first time I went through the second grade. I caught my reflection in a spoon while I was eating my cereal, and I remember thinking "wow, you're ridiculously good looking, maybe you could do that for a career."
    Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
    So join now, 'cause at the Derek Zoolander Center For Kids Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too, we teach you that there's more to life than just being really, really, really good looking. Right kids?
    J.P. Prewitt: Male models don't think for themselves.
    Derek Zoolander: That's not true!
    J.P. Prewitt: Yes it is, Derek.
    Derek Zoolander: [meekly] Okay.
    There was a moment last night, when she was sandwiched between the two Finnish dwarves and the Maori tribesmen, where I thought, "Wow, I could really spend the rest of my life with this woman".

I'd enter and more than likely win this thing - But I am not an ambi-turner :(

Raiser wrote: »
    I'd enter and more than likely win this thing - But I am not an ambi-turner :(

The last thing this city needs is you as its face :D:D:D:D:D

Derek Zoolander:Raiser I]looking at the sky[/I Who am I?
    Derek Zoolander:Raiser I]phone rings[/I God?

The last thing this city needs is you as its face :D:D:D:D:D

Oh I don't want to be the Face of Limerick.

- Am in this for the Coke and Hookers.....

cocacola3.jpg & galway-hooker.jpg

Yes I do love my retro Sailing and refreshing Mineral Drinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

we should pick someone totally off the wall like Mr Dundon and all keep voting for him to see what celia does !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Just had a look through the list of judges there, much better group than last years lot, willing to give them benefit of doubt for now. Celia aint in there, and neither is the girl who put her own boyfriend in :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Have you not heard... Ive been loaded off to Raiser :(

:D:D:D

Mrs Raiser:D

Now that is funny. The poor chap looks like a young Benjamin Button :p

bejamin-button.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I like the idea of picking some random lad and doing a sort of RATM experience by voting in numbers for it!

F**k you I wont do what you tell me! :D

It should be easy enough to do. All you need to do is get a few people on here to agree on a specific target, then start a facebook group and get it spreading around. I can't imagine the poll will get too many votes, so it should be easy enough to beat.

Limerick Lass Mrs Raiser

Shame you have corned beef when you could have steak. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Mc Love wrote: »
    I like the idea of picking some random lad and doing a sort of RATM experience by voting in numbers for it!

Link below is a good 2 digit gesture, I mean it's 2 guys with plastic bags covering their faces!
    Rubberbandits FTW
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nominate-Rubberbandits-as-Limericks-Sexiest-Man/142120219149827?v=wall

• Advertisement

Kess73 wrote: »
    Limerick Lass Mrs Raiser

Shame you have corned beef when you could have steak. :p

haha. . . .lads the joke ended last nite :) now who shall we nominate? Anyone here care to put themselves up? For a laugh

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

haha. . . .lads the joke ended last nite :) now who shall we nominate? Anyone here care to put themselves up? For a laugh

The funny thing is, with the power of Boards behind them, someone here could easily rise to attention very quickly in a small competition like this!

Mc Love wrote: »

I love this idea - Why not pick someone from the 'Know Your Limerick Heads' Thread?

I love this idea - Why not pick someone from the 'Know Your Limerick Heads' Thread?

The person would have to agree to it...

The person would have to agree to it...

Might be easier to all vote for somebody who is already publically known.

Maybe one of the stunning examples of manhood that exists amongst our local councillors or similar?

Afterall they are already public figures, and it would not be like thrusting some unkown into the spotlight.

• Advertisement

Kess73 wrote: »
    Might be easier to all vote for somebody who is already publically known.

Maybe one of the stunning examples of manhood that exists amongst our local councillors or similar?

Afterall they are already public figures, and it would not be like thrusting some unkown into the spotlight.

i wouldnt give them the pleasure!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

If we don't go ahead with the Boardsie idea, it'll have to be the Rubberbandits :)

Na Leo the Limerick FC mascot!

Definitely - Why catapult a Gobshíte into the Stratosphere when the future Stars are right here in our midst?
    If we don't go ahead with the Boardsie idea, it'll have to be the Rubberbandits :)

Lets make a Boards.ie famous - I like the idea of picking an ordinary Joe, one minute they are sitting around collecting Action Figures, idly nose picking and sulking at their Mum and next minute they are turned into the next big thing - An International Man of Mystery, or whatever the whatever....

I like the idea of picking an ordinary Joe, one minute they are sitting around collecting Action Figures, idly nose picking and sulking at their Mum and next minute they are turned into the next big thing - An International Man of Mystery, or whatever the whatever....

We seriously need to get you drunk/laid :D:D

Should definitely be a boardsie. Anyone got the balls to put themselves forward? I don't :D

Does anybody know the closing date for nominations?

Should definitely be a boardsie. Anyone got the balls to put themselves forward? I don't :D

InsectOverlord god dam it!!!

This could be something big..... :)

InsectOverlord god dam it!!!

I'll be honest, I'm actually half-tempted :o
    It'd be hilarious to have my name in a list with the likes of JP McManus, Keith Earls and Kamal Ibrahim :D

• Advertisement

Billy the Squid?

- Or would he lock the entire Competition?

:D
    It'd be hilarious to have my name in a list with the likes of JP McManus, Keith Earls and Kamal Ibrahim :D

Go on so - You're nominated Son.

- This time next Month you'll have more wet Pussy than a Monsoon-stricken Cat Sanctuary.

Although.....

JP McManus, Keith Earls, Insect Overlord and Kamal Ibrahim.

- It does stand out a bit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Sorry to be all negative but I don't think it'll work, I mean how long did it take for a few of us to post pics of ourselves on the know your limerick heads thread. We are a shy bunch who use pseudonyms.

But if Raiser posts a pic of himself then I'm in with bells on and he's getting my vote.

This could be something big..... :)

Are you on about Rasier again? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

Gerry Hannon or the junkie thats always outside that Bagel place on Catherine street.

Ahh a few of them have special looks that would be so out of place in a sexiest man contest that anyone reading the list would know they are in there for being munters not sexy.

One more joke and im moving to the county forum, where i wont be subdued to this nonsense :) i vote our mod IO

Are you on about Rasier again? :p

No she said big, so that rules old man Raiser out.:p

One more joke and im moving to the county forum, where i wont be subdued to this nonsense :) i vote our mod IO

Ah dont leave!!!!

Good man Insect Overlord. Nominate yourself there and we'll put it to motion. Then the fun can begin :D

• Advertisement

Let me think about it a little bit first! :D

Let me think about it a little bit first! :D

well? :) we'll form a marketing campaign. No time to loose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Rubberbandits have already started a Facebook offensive to win the coveted price! Come on Insect Overlord,we gota start pulling the finger out If we're gonna beat them.

panda100 wrote: »
    Rubberbandits have already started a Facebook offensive to win the coveted price! Come on Insect Overlord,we gota start pulling the finger out If we're gonna beat them.

If we get a candidate who is willing to go out in public and be seen, then there is no way a Boards wide voying campaign could fail.

IO will do it i know he will...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

pick somebody from the Limerick FC team , then it might not look as if it was hi-jacked .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

pick somebody from the Limerick FC team , then it might not look as if it was hi-jacked .

Let me guess ... are you in the Limerick FC Team? ;)

Before anyone gets too excited, I think the public votes are just to get the top 50.
    Am I right in thinking the judges will decide the order after that?

Before anyone gets too excited, I think the public votes are just to get the top 50.
    Am I right in thinking the judges will decide the order after that?

im sure we can take care of the judges...:D

surely they wouldnt do anything to upset the boards public...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Jumpy wrote: »
    Let me guess ... are you in the Limerick FC Team? ;)

nope , but it would serve 2 purposes , get our man/woman in , promote the club

nope , but it would serve 2 purposes , get our man/woman in , promote the club

we better stick with a man anyway.... To have some chance ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement