Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arise Europe

• 27-07-2010 1:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭

has anyone ever worked here,what is it like?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

:(

I thought this was a call to arms.

Never heard of that company, sorry bud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

don't know what they're like to work for but their hr are awful. I went for an interview with them, carried out by 2 people who didn't have a clue about conducting one. Heard nothing back, but the job was online for 3 months afterwards and changed title from customer service to tech support multiple times. Left me with the impression of a bunch of amateurs running a call centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

DarkJager wrote: »
    don't know what they're like to work for but their hr are awful. I went for an interview with them, carried out by 2 people who didn't have a clue about conducting one. Heard nothing back, but the job was online for 3 months afterwards and changed title from customer service to tech support multiple times. Left me with the impression of a bunch of amateurs running a call centre.

wages are bad, hours are long and lots of calls - just like all call centres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭fire_man

Have u worked there?

fire_man wrote: »
    Have u worked there?

yes

• Advertisement

How often are ye paid there,is there canteen there?

How often are ye paid there,is there canteen there?

paid weekly and canteen is only a microwave, fridge and hot water. pretty basic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Seen some of the ads, the money seems to be just about minimum wage. Not much money in tech support these days :(
    Least you dont need a second language for that job though!

phill106 wrote: »
    Seen some of the ads, the money seems to be just about minimum wage. Not much money in tech support these days :(
    Least you dont need a second language for that job though!

correct to the above..... but double the dole is all I keep telling myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Had telephone interview with them. Its basically a call centre. They told me they were doing support for vodafone.

Pay is really bad. €18k, shift work 9-9. 7 days a week, they did not mention shift allowance.

Its out the back of dell in raheen industrial estate.

I worked in call centre once and value my sanity.

But jobs are pretty thin on the ground in limerick now a days, and i have seen worse paid in shannon €17k data entry.

• Advertisement

is it manageable for a few months?

is it manageable for a few months?

if you're used to call centres then yes. If you're new oto it then I think not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

mates hated working there..found it very boring..got a few of my mates in there and they all moved onto better things...businesses are more likely to hire you when you're already working than sitting on your ass at home so it's worth it to bite the bullet for a few months and get it on your CV.

Its € money at the end of the day!

And its not like limerick has a lot of jobs to offer to be fussy.

Its € money at the end of the day!

And its not like limerick has a lot of jobs to offer to be fussy.

beggers can't be choosers as they say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Had telephone interview with them. Its basically a call centre. They told me they were doing support for vodafone.

Pay is really bad. €18k, shift work 9-9. 7 days a week, they did not mention shift allowance.

But jobs are pretty thin on the ground in limerick now a days, and i have seen worse paid in shannon €17k data entry.

Never heard of them before this thread, but €17k/€18k versus the the dole saw me chucking in a cv through their website.

Funny how wages that I would have turned my nose up at a year or so ago suddenly look so attractive now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

worked there once doing relief for a few weeks. I hate call centre work, people basically ringing up complaining to you (that's just me though), but it wasn't the worst...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Worked there for a while. All i can say its better than sykes if thats anything to go by. Still have a few friends (ex workmates) still emplyed there.

Grand if you dont have a job, but from where I am now, I wouldnt go back. When I was there they had a really good manager, but she left soon after me as one contract had dried up (perlico tech support)

Its grand if management are looking after the call centre (as in very busy) but if they have their hands in other areas the call centre suffers and is very quiet.

It has a canteen where they serve breakfast (very nice too) and you can order your lunch at breakfast too, its normally a cold lunch.

As of now, they provide support for a security company that is based in Australia but sells its products to Europe and UK.

They have a few other projects they are working on too, so it would be a busy place to be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

Are they still doing this godawfull LiteOn DVD recorder crap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

9-9, 7 days a week is 84 hrs per week and at 18k that works out as €4.12 per hour.

• Advertisement

Are they still doing this godawfull LiteOn DVD recorder crap?

Probably ha ha :D Loved them calls!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

The Dagda wrote: »
    9-9, 7 days a week is 84 hrs per week and at 18k that works out as €4.12 per hour.

I reckon thats the hours they support rather that the shift an individual would work........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

The Dagda wrote: »

line opening hours are 9-9, 7 days a week. o2 i think has 24/7 - do you think people are working 24*7=168hrs/week there???

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 joequin

Oh no lads ....goin for an interview out there tomorrow....doesnt sound too good

You'll be grand joe until they "train" you in!!

A job is a job my friend!!

Best of luck!

Thanks Maclove...

Some consoling words....Except for the "train" part....:eek:

You'll be fine, its only a call centre.
    Think of the pay pack.

I'm trying to think of what that is at the moment MunsterGirl :confused:

Answer the phone and listen to people, about 100 times a day until your brain goes numb.

Hello xx customer care how can i help?

There is something wrong with my phone bill its too high.

I'll have a look, yes sir, its €1,000 because you used data without having a data plan.

F**k you! I'm ringing joe duffy.

Hello xx customer care how can i help.

My text sms is not sending.

I'll just have a look, you have not topped up your phone in 6 months and credit is 0.00.

You get a lot of nice people too, its not a hard job, but can be v boring.

For the interview you have excellent customer service skills, polite, key board skills, good listener, ever solved problem, help the customer. Just be nice + polite.

• Advertisement

Jees thanks Munster Girl...

Ever so informative....I take it you have had a bit of experience at it....:D

Advertisement