Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arise Europe

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

6 months in a different call centre (let go due to recession) i was so happy that day, but i did miss the pay pack.

Interview was typing test, easy, maths test with calculator easy. Usual questions, tell me how you helped a customer, did you every have to deal with angry customer.

Be patient, listen, smile, try fix their problem.

Its not a hard physical job but you do have to develop a thick skin for 1 or 2 ignorant people. Majority of people are very nice who call in.

Its a pay pack. :)

Best of luck with your interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

Pay is really bad. €18k, shift work 9-9. 7 days a week, they did not mention shift allowance.
    line opening hours are 9-9, 7 days a week. o2 i think has 24/7 - do you think people are working 24*7=168hrs/week there???

:rolleyes:

I was simply pointing out that the information given must be wrong!

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

joequin wrote: »
    Oh no lads ....goin for an interview out there tomorrow....doesnt sound too good

Leave the third eye hang out for extra perspective in the Interview situation.

- Problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

I worked there for Liteon and HP in English, Spanish and French.
    Its fine to work there.
    The people were nice when I was there.

The training was a little on the fly though. I was on a phone within 24hrs not having a clue what to do. That was a few years ago though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

dellas1979 wrote: »
    I worked there for Liteon and HP in English, Spanish and French.
    Its fine to work there.
    The people were nice when I was there.

The training was a little on the fly though. I was on a phone within 24hrs not having a clue what to do. That was a few years ago though.

Do i know you??

Yeah my first day they asked me to go on phones, no way was i prepared so they put me on the second day, had no choice, thrown in at the deep end.

Interview - you wont have to do any tests, well I didnt anyway.

• Advertisement

Hahaha I dunno - who are you and I might be able to tell!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I worked there 2003.....the warehouse part, shipping etc, I believe thats all gone now? And goin by this thread its just a call centre now, although I always thought it had closed completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

Mc Love wrote: »
    Do i know you??

Yeah my first day they asked me to go on phones, no way was i prepared so they put me on the second day, had no choice, thrown in at the deep end.

Interview - you wont have to do any tests, well I didnt anyway.

not much different now, but it is pretty easy - although boring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭fire_man

Are ye paying any tax on 18k per yr,is there any perks with job?

pay no tax mate, zero perks - just pay for work done

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Seems like a lot of people know each other on this thread. I'm in suckes sykes at the moment, still trying to find a way out.

Hope the interview went well anyway joequin, i've not heard anything good about the place, but all a matter of perspective

Seems like a lot of people know each other on this thread. I'm in suckes sykes at the moment, still trying to find a way out.

Hope the interview went well anyway joequin, i've not heard anything good about the place, but all a matter of perspective

indeed

I have done a couple of years of this call centre work,i didnt like it at all.got redundancy a while back,should i do a masters or take this job and do a course part time?

fire_man wrote: »
    I have done a couple of years of this call centre work,i didnt like it at all.got redundancy a while back,should i do a masters or take this job and do a course part time?

dunno mate, take the job for now and think about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Its better then nothing a friend of mone started there last week straight on the phones hardly no training but she is getting on with it, not the best job in the world buit then again who really likes there job

dellas1979 wrote: »
    Hahaha I dunno - who are you and I might be able to tell!!!

I was there when Trish was there if its any help and I sat in the corner closest to John :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

Is that the corner close to Annemarie under the Barbie?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I used to work there ages ago, back when they had the samsung notebook account. Used to work in sykes to actually.

A job is a job, and any experience is a bonus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Jesus lads a lot of ex-sykes guys here! :D Worked there myself for about 3 years, if it wasn't for the craic we had as a team I'd have gone mad.

That's one good point I'll make about call centres - the people you work with. You'd never find such a good mix of people and personalities in any other job. Suppose that thick skin we need also adds an extra layer of humour! :D

Cripes - I remember Annemarie the german woman. I actually worked there start of 2006.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Was that the german lady with the german/county limerick accent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

Annemarie is dutch :)
    BTW I've been in Sykes, too.... Worst place ever! I just remeber that Dragon Lady from the Sony account there... Compared to Sykes is Arise the Paradise!!

Annemarie is dutch :)
    BTW I've been in Sykes, too.... Worst place ever! I just remeber that Dragon Lady from the Sony account there... Compared to Sykes is Arise the Paradise!!

The Dell a/c in sykes was fairly easy though and a great laugh - nice bunch of people

Is that the corner close to Annemarie under the Barbie?

Nope

The I sat across from Yohann and Guilliume

Yes! Thats her! Lovely lady.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Mc Love wrote: »
    Nope

The I sat across from Yohann and Guilliume

Ollie?

Nope Eoin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

surely you must remember the beardy man that was sitting behind Jo ;) ?

I do, he was called Jose wasnt it? He was from Spain i think!

When I worked there. There was the mad german surfer Enno (also ex sykes) he has some rep. Martin and Philip, who I still meet up with for drinks. John Terranova, Mike Lynch, Liam Lynch, Annemarie, Yohann, Gio, Joanna few others, slip my mind.

• Advertisement

Whats the dress code inside?

Advertisement