Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arise Europe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭tommy26

Its not quiet double,prob a 100 extra taking everything into account,alot of calls for that 100e.

The HR there are a joke,they dont know what there at.Very unprofessional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

tommy26 wrote: »
    The HR there are a joke,they dont know what there at.Very unprofessional.

Sounds like tommy was sacked or something :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Mc Love wrote: »
    Sounds like tommy was sacked or something :cool:

Nah, heard this too from a guy that had an interview there about 6 months ago. He said they were "pig ignorant" on the phone. Ironic, that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Nah, heard this too from a guy that had an interview there about 6 months ago. He said they were "pig ignorant" on the phone. Ironic, that

Ya when i rang, even though i got through to hr, it was the wrong hr, the right hr doesnt work that day. Come on... its hr, just do it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Anyone done the training, They said that it takes 7 full days? On the Vodafone at home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Agent_99 wrote: »
    Anyone done the training, They said that it takes 7 full days? On the Vodafone at home

if its vodafone, the 7 days training must involve ignoring peoples emails for a week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭JoJo_27

trust me, there are worst callcenters around! sykes or PAN anyone?
    Pan European...that was hell! Only job I ever walked from.

The training in Arise is fair bad.The canteen is a disgrace.

The training in Arise is fair bad.The canteen is a disgrace.

You have some chip there Tom

The training as I have already said was atrocious when I was working there, listen to a few calls (even some in German, I dont speak German) and the next day the same, as i felt i needed more time, the next day I was more or less forced onto the phone - which must have frustrated the customers, because I was putting at least everyone on hold. When I left however, i had gained some experience and knowledge (home entertainment system and telecoms/wireless techonolgy, which in fairness was good and I still use that today)

When I was there the canteen only functioned in the morning and if you turned up late, whatever is left over is free, and is good quality breakfast. You then would place your order for lunch (they had sandwiches and rolls) sometimes they would have pizza or other hot foods. Or else you could head to the local shop for something, definitely not the worst and Terence (chef) was pretty sound guy

• Advertisement

there is no food there now,a man in a van comes with andwiches everyday at lunch.

there is no food there now,a man in a van comes with andwiches everyday at lunch.

jesus that is bad - :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 GIZMO2010

Just a comment on Arise Europe,

I have been working there for the last week, they are open 9.9, which is divided into 2 shifts. You work 8 hours a day, which works out about 40 hours a week, pending if you are full time or part time. Training provided, is spot on. You know what you need to after it. It's just up to you to put it into practice, and do some of your own research.

Hope that clarifies some questions for ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭edwood

Had a job interview there a few weeks back. Never heard back from them. The woman interviewing was terrible. Too reliant on her printed out questionnaire in front of her. Got the impression she was very new to interviewing, didn't have a clue what she was doing. Just very amateurish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Worked there for about a month years and years ago, to get of the dole. I couldn't wait to get back on the dole!!!:eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Does anybody know if they are taking on staff at the moment?

I don't care if the pay is bad and the work is repetitive. It can't be any more repetitive than sitting at home, skint, watching Jeremy Kyle every day......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I don't care if the pay is bad and the work is repetitive. It can't be any more repetitive than sitting at home, skint, watching Jeremy Kyle every day......

They advertise on jobs.ie quite alot.

It isnt as bad as it looks and from what people have said on here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Friend of mine currently working there and he doesn't seem to mind it too much. He's just glad to have some €€€€ coming in

Well, I decided to throw in a CV after writing this, and I have an interview with them shortly. Can anybody give me any tips on what to expect?

Wish me luck............

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

Well, I decided to throw in a CV after writing this, and I have an interview with them shortly. Can anybody give me any tips on what to expect?

Wish me luck............

best of luck rainbowdrop! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Hope the interview bears fruit for you and that you will be posting soon telling the forum about your new job.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Hope the interview bears fruit for you and that you will be posting soon telling the forum about your new job.

I hope so too:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 justbmad

Worked there too, during the move from Castletroy to old Verbatim plant & then to where they are now, any one left from the old days. Davy Condon was the man who worked for Noonans Cleaners, some craic while I was there but money was poor.

Didn't Davy retire a few years ago? Not too long after I left I think in 2008. used to love the fry ups they did in the mornings!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭K.Hammett

Wish me luck............

Have an interview in there tomorrow morning myself. Any advice on the kind of stuff they ask would be very helpful. Cheers!

The usual "where do you see yourself in 5 years time" craic......

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭K.Hammett

seachto7 wrote: »
    The usual "where do you see yourself in 5 years time" craic......

No overly technical questions than? Just all the usual stuff. Thanks

depends what the job role is?

If it's call centre, I think they'll try and figure out you're not mental, and won't fly off the handle at the smallest thing. I remember getting asked a question like "if a client was angry with you on the phone, what would you do, how would you handle the situation".

I was tempted to say "I'd call them a c**t and hang up". Look, it's not rocket science, it is what it is, use common sense. They might come out with some boll*x about being "passionate about the job", and all that rubbish. Tell them what you think they need to know in order for you to get the job....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭adaminho

K.Hammett wrote: »
    Have an interview in there tomorrow morning myself. Any advice on the kind of stuff they ask would be very helpful. Cheers!

They can get very technical if you are going to be working the broadband support. I was asked how you would talk a customer through fixing their problem I.e resetting their router etc. I apllied for a sales position.

Advertisement