Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arise Europe

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If you are applying for a technical position then chances are you will be interviewed by at least one technical person to see if the candidate meets certain criteria that may not be clear on a CV. That is normally the industry standard but some places operate differently depending on their set up and the position in quesiton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

I have a job interview there tomorrow morning. The lady interviewing me from HR seemed really nice and enthusiastic about my CV on the phone as I already have a few certs that should help with trouble shooting issues that anyone would have with vodafone. She said the pay is 19k PA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

killanena wrote: »
    I have a job interview there tomorrow morning. The lady interviewing me from HR seemed really nice and enthusiastic about my CV on the phone as I already have a few certs that should help with trouble shooting issues that anyone would have with vodafone. She said the pay is 19k PA

Best of luck, let us know how you get on. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

roast wrote: »
    Best of luck, let us know how you get on. :)

Just finished the interview about an hour ago and I must say that the stuff being said on this thread is rubbish. Now I know a lot of it is 2-3 years old but the interview from the HR department was very nice and made me feel very relaxed and answered all questions I had perfect and professionally.

I was talking to some of the staff before the interview, they all seem to like it but said it can be quite dull at times and other times quite stressful but hey, its a job after all..

The interview itself was formal but not too formal. At the start she told me a few facts about the company and then asked me to do a typing test and said that they require their staff to have at least 30 - 40 words per minute with minimal errors. Aced that then went on to the interview. She just asked me about how my previous work experience would relate to the job. And personal skills I had that would contribute to my role and how I would handle under stressful deadlines and customer complains etc..

Then she had about 2 pages with technical questions such as talking someone through step by step with configuring their router, how would someone access the router settings, things in a household that can clash with wireless signals and different type of wires and connections.

She seems very pleased with the interview as was I and I'll update you guys when I get the call weather I got it or not and If I do ill keep you guys update with what its like working there.

Said said she would call me this afternoon to let me know weather I have the Job or not.

Things I learned about the company:
    • The pay is 19000 a year and that is fixed but there is openings in management and supervision so you do have chances to progress up the ranks.
    • They have customer support who are paid minimum and technical support which is what I applied for that pays €9.37 an hour. 39 Hours a week. Each week you would be working different hours in between Mon to Fri 9am to 9pm and Sat & Sun 10am to 6pm.
    • Longest sift is 10 hours but you will never have 2 10 hours shifts in the same week.

Edit: Communicating there would best costing me from 65-85 a week depending on the hours that week. Pay is €365 a week before tax so that would be €280 - €300 left over. Still though, The dole for someone my age is 100 a week so its still a nice increase :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

I don't see how your description differs from what has been already said.
    I'd say the "chances to progress up the ranks" are nonexistant, but they mention it so you take the position regardless of the crappy salary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 justbmad

You also made a typo on your thread "communicating there" should you have meant commuting? Well for 19k a year........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    I don't see how your description differs from what has been already said.
    Well it does to be fair. He pretty much said the opposite to most people here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Based on the interview procedure itself it seems to have improved a good bit, probably taking cue from other call centre HR procedures! As I said to someone that asked me what I thought of it, I could only base it on what I had experienced and its been well over 5 years since I was there so you would expect an improvement in the service and from what I have heard it is doing really well there!

Its in a good location too and close to the motorway which is a bonus. The staff there are lovely when I was there but I'd say it had the beginnings of a call center and wasnt doing a great job of finding its direction!

@kilanena - you might want to edit your post as you posted alot about the job and the interview process which could result in you not getting the job as the HR could see this online and put two + two together based on your location (if that is your location).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Mentioned before I worked there for a few weeks. It was alright, but call centre work was for me one of the worst jobs out there.
    Listening to people complaining on the phone all day long. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Gerardmc123

Hi i have an interview tomorrow with Arise in limerick. i am pretty nervous so was wandering if you guys know what types of questions they ask. or how long the interview is.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

have you read this thread at all?

Advertisement