Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo removal. Your experiences?

Options
  • 27-07-2010 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭

Hi,

I've been considering getting my tattoo removed for a while now and have made the decision to go ahead with the removal.

I got the tattoo when I was 18, I really liked the design at the time and had spent a lot of time making sure I wanted it (probably not enough time if I want to remove it now). As time went by, I began to get more and more uncomfortable with the tattoo. The tattoo is a black and a bit faded, it's located between my shoulder blades so it doesn't see the light of day too often except when I'm swimming. So I think it's just time to say goodbye to it.

I've looked around google for a bit and there seems to be quite a few clinics that do tattoo removal but it's very hard to know which would do the best job. I'd imagine some would have better equipment than others. It seems the laser treatment is the way to go.

I was hoping someone could point me to a clinic they've used before and hopefully share their general experience of tattoo removal. What was the result like? etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jimjamss

Hi
    I've been going to the galway laser clinic now for a while and I find their laser works really well on the black colour on my tattoo unfortunetly it does fk all to the blue colour. I'm hoping to find some place near galway that has the ruby laser that would be more suitable.

It's really painful to get done but it's over in a few mins. The more pain you feel aparently it means its really having an effect on the ink. When she puts the laser on the colour part of my tattoo it doesn't really hurt at all so it must make sense!

I don't really know any other option other than laser.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭wayne0308

jimjamss wrote: »
    Hi
    I've been going to the galway laser clinic now for a while and I find their laser works really well on the black colour on my tattoo unfortunetly it does fk all to the blue colour. I'm hoping to find some place near galway that has the ruby laser that would be more suitable.

It's really painful to get done but it's over in a few mins. The more pain you feel aparently it means its really having an effect on the ink. When she puts the laser on the colour part of my tattoo it doesn't really hurt at all so it must make sense!

I don't really know any other option other than laser.

Ah so it does hurt, would it be much more pain than that of getting the tattoo in the first place? Good to hear that it's effective though. How big is your tattoo? just so I can get an idea of how long the sessions will last for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭M00lers

Hi jim,
    Can you tell me where you're getting this done, is it the place on the Tuam road? How much per session are they charging?

Thanks,
    Moo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I'm getting it done in Temple Bar where metal morphesus used to be. only €50 a session. And yes it hurts like a b!tch. Working very well on the black, the blue is taking longer but it is fading away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jimjamss

both my tattoos are very small, a 2 euro coin would cover each of them.
    If you find you're not getting results after the first couple of sessions ask them to crank up the laser magnitude, again, as I said if it's not painful, it's not going to do any good.! It will look pretty gross for about a week afterwards as well, mine would bubble up like a blister.

I'm getting charged 80euro for the 2.I may ask for a reduction coz it's mainly blue ink left on one of them and the laser is not having much of an effect on it.
    The nearest place for me to go for the Ruby laser (best on blue ink)is in west meath or offaly i think (laserway?)

Has anyone tried the ruby laser yet and is it worth it?
    I have enquired at some clinics but they want me to do a patch test first which is so annoying as I've already had 8 treatments here in Galway and I'd have to travel all the way to them to be charged 30 euro for a single prick of the laser, basically to see if I'll have a reaction. surely, if I've been ok so far I don't need a patch test?

• Advertisement
Advertisement