Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self Storage Recommendations

Options
  • 27-07-2010 1:45pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have been doing some buying and selling of equipment over the past few years on a small scale but looking to expand the business and do some bulk buying so will need more storage space.

I have been looking at some a few of the self storage facilities around Dublin and was wondering if anyone here has used them and would recommend any of them?

What I'm looking for is a place where I can wheel in a few pallet loads of equipment, probably no more than 5 or 6 and have access to them 7 days a week.

Anyone have any experience of these?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Theres a chap on here Barrym3 who runs http://www.storageplus.ie/

They look after the storage, the picking and packing and shipping for you. Might be worth a look or sending him a pm for some details.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Thanks Axwell,

I'm more looking for the self storage options rather than a storage and shipping service.

Similar to what people would use when moving house, something like elephant.ie or one of those facilities.

Oh and one more requirement is that is close to Dublin city centre.. :)

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Fluxy

We use Easy self storage out in Dublin 7 for about 3 years now, I find them brilliant to be honest. One of the cheapest out there and they have a guy who will forklift you stuff in and out for you. http://www.easyselfstorage.ie/

(Please note: I have no connection with easy self storage, except as a customer)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Nice one.. exactly what I was looking for.. :)

Thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Tearaway

Store it in Ballymount - really good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Revie11

My brother works for a storage company in the City centre. http://www.remedy.ie

Don't think they do seven days a week though. I think it's only Mon-Sat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Budget Marketing

I used u-store-it and to be honet found them very expensive for what i was getting, which was a small box room. I dont know what prices others are charging but make sure to shop around.

I think most places are closed on sundays and holidays, but have heard of a few which are actually open 24/7 which would be handy.

Just make sure that your goods are insured whilst under their roof. It should be included in the price in most cases.

Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 15 electromecca

hi i know topic is 2 months old but anyway im lookin for storage in clondalkin around grange castle I need to put my motorbike somewhere, anyone know some place:D?
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Revie11

That place I mentioned before remedy.ie have a storage place in Tougher's ind. est. - beside Naas - about 10 mins. from Grange Castle

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

I used u-store for over 2 years, I found them very good. Haggle with them over the price at the beginning and they'll stick to the lower price for the full term of your storage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭manlad

I heard of many people who used needmorespace. There based in Santry and have other spots as well in dublin I think. My brother uses them and he said the price is pretty decent and you can haggle with them. The place is suppose to be very secure and modern. Least he hasn't got his stuff lying around my house anymore:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Mozart1986

I found this guy to be extremely reliable and inexpensivewink.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0gb9v4LI4o

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Joedaveyboy

There is a new crowd who set up recently called Mobile Storage Services and I heard they are very good for storage. Anyone ever had some work done with them ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

There is a new crowd who set up recently called Mobile Storage Services and I heard they are very good for storage. Anyone ever had some work done with them ?

You can tell us all about it yourself

http://www.adverts.ie/transport-removal/mobile-storage-services-self-storage/4063415

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

Very subtle indeed!

Jarren / Peter,
    You are absolutely right "Mea Culpa" Can I turn this in a different direction and see can either of you help me - I am back at college at night and need to show strong independent evidence of surveying our recently launched business to canvas peoples opinion of our service but If I make contact directly I don't believe I will learn a lot. I have already tried survey monkey with limited success - that's why I asked the question - I was told Boards was a hotbed for opinions and I just hope those who have used our service would reply but probably a bit naive in my approach !!!! - can I use Boards.ie in a different way to guage opinion ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

The first thing you need to do is to survey the people in the target market, and this is a business and enterprise forum. The participants on here are not your target demographic. Your service may have some peripheral interest to some but not that many.

That said, your concept seems quite interesting, Reading the advert, it is not clear as to exactly what you are offering, do you take the trailer away when full and store the stuff in a secure warehouse or does the customer just use the trailer as a mobile store in their garden? If that is the case, a trailer with such big graphics is screaming that it is full of furniture etc and is a treat for thieves. Security and cost are the two main concerns people have with regard to storage services.

I suspect your survey questions did not ask for responses based on these elements and thus it was not engaging for those who may have encountered it. The survey will only produce results if the idea is properly presented and is of interest to the target. If I wanted to do such a survey for college, I would interview people outside Woodies or B&Q and multiply the responses by 9.37!!

Peter,
    The first thing to say is I really appreciate you taking the time out to reply. As you can see from my effort last night I am something of an online neanderthal man but learning all the time. We offer both services (stay on drive or take away - we also have unmarked units) but I am not going to use this forum to try and sell the concept so I better shut up !!!! When I contacted customers who have used the service to date they were full of praise but I would do the same if the roles were reversed unless my experience was very poor. I must admit I found the compilation of a set of targeted questions on Survey Monkey to be very difficult. I am working on the possibility of gathering information outside a number of the Woodies stores at present (not sure if I will get permission to do so) but the college are also looking for feedback from those who actually used the service which is not easy.
    As I said Peter I really do thank you for taking the time to reply and the points you have made give me great food for thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭zagro

Quick question: how much will cost me single room size storage unit for one year? I'm looking for something around Clondalkin/Lucan, maybe Palmerston or Bally

• Registered Users Posts: 19,657 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

There's a good few storage warehouses just off the m50, there's also some around the Swords/North County Dublin area. My guess is that the m50 location would cost you more than more places further from the city.

You could also try boatyards, some of them have indoor storages for jet skis and ribs, etc and might facilitate you. Adverts.ie and Do endear should be a good place to find the cheaper ones which might be the best option, depending on where you've driving g from and how often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭G

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but does anyone have any experience of the Storage World self storage in Dublin? www.storageworld.ie

I'm moving away for 6 months and want to put most of my stuff in a box / container.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

Revie11 wrote: »
    My brother works for a storage company in the City centre. http://www.remedy.ie

Don't think they do seven days a week though. I think it's only Mon-Sat.
    Kildare is 24/7. You get a phone number to ring that lets you into the facility.

Advertisement