Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teleco Magic Sat 2002A

• 27-07-2010 2:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭

Are you having trouble with your Magic Sat 2002A. It will not lock onto Astra2, 28.2E or Astra 1, 19E.
    I would be interested to know how many members are having this problem. There was no advance notice from Teleco about the problem. Once you obtain the information it is only a matter of 15 to 20 minutes to fix it. If you need this information just PM me. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 frankjfitz

hi there,
    I am struggling,I have bought a magicsat 2002a. it was without a remote which I have now purchased. It is locked on to channel 19 where I can only receive a couple of foreign channels. Have you got any ideas on being able to use this please,it also came with a skybox but I don't have sky so do I need to get a sky card to activate it?

many thanks

Frank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jackmichaelson

Following a change by ASTRA involving the locator transponder frequency late last year we found these automatic systems will not locate Astra 19 as used by SKY boxes. The cure is a firmware upgrade.
    I have had great difficulty is finding any information on how to do this as it is quite involved, eventually success. PM me for details or to make arrangements to get yours done. kenfoley@iol.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭sunchaser

I am struggling,I have bought a magicsat 2002a. it was without a remote which I have now purchased. It is locked on to channel 19 where I can only receive a couple of foreign channels. Have you got any ideas on being able to use this please,it also came with a skybox but I don't have sky so do I need to get a sky card to activate it?

many thanks

Frank

Sorry Frank only noticed your post today as I was out of the Country. Hope this info helps.

How to modify the criteria of Astra 28 Satellite on the Magicsat 2002A system using the remote control only

1) Switch on the system
    2) When the antenna starts to move press the stop key to stop the antenna
    3) Press the menu key to get the main menu screen
    4) Move the cursor up to the ‘Locked Menu’ position and press the ‘1’ key 4 times
    to unlock the menus
    5) Press the ‘8’ key 4 times to obtain the hidden ‘Magicsat menu’.
    6) Move the cursor to ‘research criteria’ and press menu to select.
    7) Move the cursor to ‘Sat name’ and use the left and right cursor keys to find ‘Astra 28’
    8) Move the cursor to ‘Criteria’ and select number ‘1’ check all 5 criteria against the following table and modify as necessary.

Criteria Frequency Pol. Signal Mode
    1 12207 MHZ V Y Digital
    2 10714 MHZ H N Analog
    3 11322 MHZ V N Analog
    4 11307 MHZ H Y Digital
    5 •••

9) Move the cursor to ‘Sat name’ and use the left and right cursor keys to find ‘Astra 19’
    10) Move the cursor to ‘Criteria’ and select number ‘1’ check all 5 criteria against the following table and modify as necessary.

Criteria Frequency Pol. Signal Mode
    1 11494 MHZ H Y Analog
    2 10964 MHZ H Y Analog
    3 •••
    4 •••
    5 •••

11) Note. Any changes necessary are only performed using the left/right cursor keys. They can not be added using the number pad.
    12) As long as Criteria 5 has 3 dots shown in the ‘Signal’ position the other data for this criteria does not matter.
    13) Once all the data has been checked/modified, press the ‘memo’ key. You will get a message on the screen saying ‘Data Stored’
    14) Exit from all menu’s.
    15) Once you are back to the main menu move the cursor back to the ‘locked menu’ position and press the ‘1’ key 4 times. This will re-lock the menu’s.
    16) Close the dish down by pressing the ‘down’ key. Once this is completed you have now stored the new data.
    17) Restart the Magicsat and it will now search using this new data.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Hans Petter

Hi
    I have trouble finding the criteria for the new satellite Thor6.
    Anyone know the criteria I use this?
    Sincerely,
    Hans Petter Hansen
    Norway

Advertisement