Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping Equipment

Options
  • 27-07-2010 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just looking for some stores (both online or near Galway city) that sell camping equipment.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

I was in argos today they have a lot of stuff. also ebay has loads of stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

I was in argos today they have a lot of stuff. also ebay has loads of stuff
    that's kinda like saying shops have loads of stuff...?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

i bought a five man tent in halfords for about one hundred and sixty euro it was half price at that, it is very comfortable walk in, fine and big,
    only criticism i have on it
    the hooks or spikes that attach it to the ground are not all that good, i bought a set in a camping shop and they did the job great, they are good and strong and make erecting a tent easier

the hooks or groundspikes as i suppose i should say that came with it were thin and if there were a wind they would not be the best

while the ones i got were more like nine inch thick nails with a good clasp at the head to keep the tent in place

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

Millets in headford road shopping centre. Friendly and helpful staff

Adam wrote: »
    that's kinda like saying shops have loads of stuff...?

Sorry I'll try and be more precise' Argos has a large selection of tents of various sizes and colours. They also stock a large amount of sundry camping accessories. These include air pumps, camp beds, airbeds, folding beds, camping mats, folding chairs, rucksacks, daypacks, sleeping bags, thermos flasks, canteens and cutlery, torches, wind up torches, pots n pans, water canteens, gas camping stoves, camping bogs and outdoor/camping clothing etc. If you can't get to an argos all of these things and more can be bought on ebay

Happy?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Sorry I'll try and be more precise' Argos has a large selection of tents of various sizes and colours. They also stock a large amount of sundry camping accessories. These include air pumps, camp beds, airbeds, folding beds, camping mats, folding chairs, rucksacks, daypacks, sleeping bags, thermos flasks, canteens and cutlery, torches, wind up torches, pots n pans, water canteens, gas camping stoves, camping bog and outdoor/camping clothing etc. If you can't get to an argos all of these things and more can be bought on ebay

Happy?
    no need to take offence, i was merely making a joke about the fact that argos and ebay have everything!

ok cool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Sorry I'll try and be more precise' Argos has a large selection of tents of various sizes and colours. They also stock a large amount of sundry camping accessories. These include air pumps, camp beds, airbeds, folding beds, camping mats, folding chairs, rucksacks, daypacks, sleeping bags, thermos flasks, canteens and cutlery, torches, wind up torches, pots n pans, water canteens, gas camping stoves, camping bogs and outdoor/camping clothing etc. If you can't get to an argos all of these things and more can be bought on ebay

Happy?

No we want details, online review both from proffesional reviewer and ordinary consumer, Sizes, dimension, The names of manufacters (and wether ther just branded) and also the names the actual manufacterers also we need to know what country these items were made and if the workers are treated well are exptected to work for pittance, pros and cons of each items how long they will expected to last, the charging need for the wind up torches, types of gas used for the stoev, the materials the sleeping tents are made from and how many season you can use them for, The condition of the tents and what kind of weather the last through, the durability of the folding chairs, How to pack, comfort vs living the outdoor life and other philosophical camping questions

Then we'll be happy.....:D

Bob Z wrote: »
    No we want details, online review both from proffesional reviewer and ordinary consumer, Sizes, dimension, The names of manufacters (and wether ther just branded) and also the names the actual manufacterers also we need to know what country these items were made and if the workers are treated well are exptected to work for pittance, pros and cons of each items how long they will expected to last, the charging need for the wind up torches, types of gas used for the stoev, the materials the sleeping tents are made from and how many season you can use them for, The condition of the tents and what kind of weather the last through, the durability of the folding chairs, How to pack, comfort vs living the outdoor life and other philosophical camping questions

Then we'll be happy.....:D

Yes mom :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭gavney1

guineys generally do some good deals on camping stuff

can buy online, portable camping stove and tents, sleeping bags http://store.michaelguiney.com/store/category/8/34/Furniture-and-Lighting/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

Thanks everyone for the replies

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ciarak7511

NTC wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just looking for some stores (both online or near Galway city) that sell camping equipment.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Theres loads online justy google camping equipment!

Advertisement