Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barber In Maynooth/Leixlip/Celbridge

Options
  • 27-07-2010 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Hey.
    Does anyone know of a good barber operating in these areas who charges less than 15euro?
    I have tried 2 in maynooth ; one beside xtra-vision, and I wasn't the happiest with the cut I got. The other was beside the bagel factory, same story.
    Any suggestions ?
    thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

The Square Barbers beside the music shop in Maynooth are grand try get one of the lads though the auld one will make you look like a school kid regardless of what you ask for!

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭fonda

Eds Barbers on Celbridge Rd in Leixlip, think its 12 euro for haircut and he always has free draws for free haircuts and phone credit and stuff!

Won a free haircut off him a while back.

Sometimes offers ya a can of coke or cup of tea!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

or you could venture as far as Mick the Barber in Kilcock (right beside the harbour).

I can guarantee that you'll be cheered up no end when you leave. Only €12 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

I use Toms , opp the Mill in Celbridge.

Good old fashioned Barber , dry cut 10 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Had a really good haircut in Scotty's on the Main St in Celbridge. It's beside Michaelangelos. A new place with not much of a queue Saturday morning €10 dry cut. The owner was there, he also owns Squires in Naas. I'm living in Celbridge 6 years and tried nearly all the barbers for men(5 so far) and this has been the best to date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lecheile

Pat in 'The Salon' at Barnhall, Leixlip sorts me out with a fine cut - used to get hair cut in the Leixlip village barbers but always took too much time queuing for what turned out to be a rushed hair cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

sgt.bilko wrote: »
    or you could venture as far as Mick the Barber in Kilcock (right beside the harbour).

I can guarantee that you'll be cheered up no end when you leave. Only €12 as well.

Agreed, sound man and a decent haircut.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mallister

Over the bridge in Celbridge theres a Polish bird whos sound. Its beside the Cash for Gold shop. Dry cut for a tenner, in and out in 10 mins usually. And no oul "Any holidays planned?" guff out of her either. And theres another fit bird in there doin nails as well. Yum yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭jb-ski

lecheile wrote: »
    Pat in 'The Salon' at Barnhall, Leixlip sorts me out with a fine cut - used to get hair cut in the Leixlip village barbers but always took too much time queuing for what turned out to be a rushed hair cut.

you big girls blouse!
    get back to to the barbers!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

sgt.bilko wrote: »

+ 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Rosahane

lecheile wrote: »

+1

listens to what you want and does an excellent job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

fonda wrote: »
    Eds Barbers on Celbridge Rd in Leixlip, think its 12 euro for haircut and he always has free draws for free haircuts and phone credit and stuff!

Won a free haircut off him a while back.

Sometimes offers ya a can of coke or cup of tea!

Went there today, very impressed. Cans of Coke or Club Orange free to customers and a decent haircut by a friendly woman without too much chitchat. Nice clean place too, I shall be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭horse7

try the one next door to ebs in leixlip,they do a very good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭fonda

Went there today, very impressed. Cans of Coke or Club Orange free to customers and a decent haircut by a friendly woman without too much chitchat. Nice clean place too, I shall be back.

Got mine cut there on Friday and entered a free draw for a bbq!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Curlz24

Best Barber in Kildare and Possibly Leinster is Mr Snips Barbers Main Street Newbridge!!!
    Ross McKenna and His wife Karen own in and are operating in Newbridge prob 8 years now and will be for many more!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

The Mulk wrote: »
    Had a really good haircut in Scotty's on the Main St in Celbridge. It's beside Michaelangelos. A new place with not much of a queue Saturday morning €10 dry cut. The owner was there, he also owns Squires in Naas. I'm living in Celbridge 6 years and tried nearly all the barbers for men(5 so far) and this has been the best to date.

I got a haircut there over 10 years ago so it's definitely not new. He could do with a bigger sign out front though!

sorry, maybe a new proprietor then, definite on the new ownership and decoration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Al deMarisco

Hi,

Has anyone used The Grafton Barber in Dublin, excellent! Is there anything like that in Maynooth or nearby? Or am I on my own in in thinking it would be cool to have something like that instead of the little dubious student cuts joints that are there now.

At least 4 in the area that are barber/stylists so plenty of competition there already I reckon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Al deMarisco

Thanks for that SQ2, your are right plenty of them around, but is there anywhere that anyone knows of that are good and you can also get a hot towel shave or the other stuff that the traditional barbers do? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nicole1985

Yes ,The Square Barbers in Maynooth are the best and they have discount cards so every 6th is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭macgrub

Hi,

Has anyone used The Grafton Barber in Dublin, excellent! Is there anything like that in Maynooth or nearby? Or am I on my own in in thinking it would be cool to have something like that instead of the little dubious student cuts joints that are there now.

Did you have any joy in finding a barber around this area like the Grafton barber?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 benny13

macgrub wrote: »
    Hey.
    Does anyone know of a good barber operating in these areas who charges less than 15euro?
    I have tried 2 in maynooth ; one beside xtra-vision, and I wasn't the happiest with the cut I got. The other was beside the bagel factory, same story.
    Any suggestions ?
    thx
    thats right this barbers beside xtra-vision can not cut if they tried,,,,

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

My husband was unimpressed with the one beside xtra vision too. He likes the one in Manor Mills,I think it costs 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Is the old one still working in the place on main street beside Centra? Horror memories of going in there back in my college days... she was very touchy feely.

None of them seem to do a hot towel shave anymore :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Wordless

I hope the op managed to find a good barber in the two and a bit years since his original post :D

SQ2 wrote: »
    None of them seem to do a hot towel shave anymore :(

John or Vinny in the Academy Barbers can do a towel shave, they both worked in the Temple Bar barbers for years. John owns the shop in Celbridge. They've recently opened a new shop in Castle village (near the Celbridge House pub). The existing shop is on the main street. 12 euro for a dry cut, not sure about the price for a shave, although they've started operating a loyalty scheme, it's grand because I have my card with my two sons on it, so I can hat a free haircut or shave every couple of months;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Wordless

The Mulk wrote: »
    John or Vinny in the Academy Barbers can do a towel shave, they both worked in the Temple Bar barbers for years. John owns the shop in Celbridge. They've recently opened a new shop in Castle village (near the Celbridge House pub). The existing shop is on the main street. 12 euro for a dry cut, not sure about the price for a shave, although they've started operating a loyalty scheme, it's grand because I have my card with my two sons on it, so I can hat a free haircut or shave every couple of months;)

It is a great idea having a loyalty card in a barbers. Save you a few quid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 stonecipher

The one beside xtravision isn't very good at all.

I usually go to Manor Mills, they give a very decent haircut there for €12.

A little bit further but if you were in Liffey Valley the place beside the O2 shop give really great cuts

Advertisement