If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new tv options please.

Options
  • 27-07-2010 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Hi guys, i put the post below on another boards forum, but maybe you can help me further,
    Hi all, i am thinking of buying this LG model LCD,

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/r/lg-42ld550

it would be for sky sd viewing, sd dvd playback, and my kid would probably hitch his xbox 360 to it.
    I am not very up on LCD but as my old CRT 32" tv has just died i thought i might as well go with the newer options available.
    any opinions would be very welcome indeed.
    thanks in advance,

apophis

a 40 inch option would be better if there`s any such option, if not your best suggestion for our needs would be greatly appreciated. If i get the right tv for my needs from richersounds then i would be only to glad to buy from you.
    good quality sd sky viewing and gaming are big must haves.

apophis :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Apophis

I have two TV's that may be of interest from the Philips Range

1st up is the 42PFL5405H which is our latest 42" screen.
    Its a 100Hz Clear LCD TV with a 2ms response time and basically the same connectivity as the 42" LG you mentioned

http://www.philipsshop.ie/Spec%20She...05_pss_eng.pdf

I also have the 40PFL5605H as well which is the next model up in the range but with a 40" Screen.
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/Spec%20She...05_pss_eng.pdf

These TV's are very similar in spec, the main difference being the 40PFL5605H uses an LED backlight system compared to the 42PFL5405H's standard CCFL backlighting tech.

Both are on display in store and in stock if you'd like to see 'em in action

I'll pm you prices now on both

The lads in Richer Sounds in Belfast will be able to offer you alternatives from other manufactures - you can check out www.richersounds.ie for a few ideas.

Hope this tempts you.....

cheers
    Ash

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

apophis wrote: »
    Hi guys, i put the post below on another boards forum, but maybe you can help me further,

a 40 inch option would be better if there`s any such option, if not your best suggestion for our needs would be greatly appreciated. If i get the right tv for my needs from richersounds then i would be only to glad to buy from you.
    good quality sd sky viewing and gaming are big must haves.

apophis :cool:

Ap,

Many thanks for the post & apologies for the delay getting back to you - we don't stock the 42LD550 but we do have the LG 42LD450 available from stock at £439.95 - the response time on the 550 appears to be 2.4ms whilst the 5605 LED Ash suggested above has a response time of 2ms which would make it a great sports/gaming beast!

Apologies again that we don't stock the 550 but do drop me a line if we can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 38 nero123

Hi Ash,

Could you give me a price on both these models please.
    Whats the difference of LED backlight system the 5605 has would you mind explaining.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Nero123

I'll pm you a price on both the 40PFL5605H and 42PFL5605H no problem.

The two TV's are very similar in core spec, so apart from the obvious size difference in screen size the 5605H use LED backlighting.

What this offers is a couple of advantages.
    1) Its up to 40% more power efficient than regular LCD TV's
    2) in terms of picture quality its gives a massive boost to the contrast ratio, this TV has a 500000:1 contrast ratio so the image looks more dynamic and vibrant.

both are on display so your welcom to check 'em out instore.

Cheers
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.