Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ros na Run 1996

Options
  • 27-07-2010 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭

Anybody watching the repeats of the first ever series of Ros na Run on TG4 at the moment? The haircuts! The fashion! The fact that Micheal is about 5 stone lighter and Seamus is still wearing the same jumper! :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Yeah, I'm loving it... It'sreally weird seeing how the town used to look compared to how it looks today... And great seeing some of the cast when they're much younger...
    Really enoyable so far...
    Anybody who's missed the first couple of episodes - they're on the tg4.tv website and it's currently being aired at 2pm everyday (two eps a day)...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Yeah taking a look back at this myself, they put up the old sponsor for half a second, Telecom Éireann.

Agus cheapim go bhfuil mo Gealige ag improvial :) ach tá alán berla thrown around an script. (sorry for the spelling but it isn't like I write that well in English anyway).

Elmo wrote: »
    Yeah taking a look back at this myself, they put up the old sponsor for half a second, Telecom Éireann.

Agus cheapim go bhfuil mo Gealige ag improvial :)

"Feabhsú" an focal atá uait ansin... :)
    Good to hear that its improving your Gaeilge... That's the best thing about TG4 shows - bíonn siad ag scaipeadh an teanga ar fud na tíre agus ag cur daoine chun na cainte...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Feach ar jack agus na 'dungarees' oraiste! Lol :D As Tadgh would say "By Dad"

Really enjoying getting to see this from the start - I've been following Ros na Rún for about 5 years, but had only seen bits and pieces from the early years...
    Deas feiscint conas mar a thosaigh sé...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Really enjoying getting to see this from the start - I've been following Ros na Rún for about 5 years, but had only seen bits and pieces from the early years...
    Deas feiscint conas mar a thosaigh sé...

Either the end of Season 1 or 2 have has a strange twist, but very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

I miss Sile and Liam. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

I miss Sile and Liam. :(

What fools they were to kill off Liam. The one genuine male 'hottie' in the history of the soap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

Liam must have gone on to bigger and better things!

I can't get over Tadhgs hair! And Jason was only a baby!

Yeah, Liam was one of those characters they should've never killed off, but at the time, it made for great viewing... Same, when they killed off Sean and Robbie - two great characters, that were in it from day 1 and they decide to blow them up...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Feeded

I love it. . . I'm trying to watch every episode. . The acting was pretty awful but they improved immensely over the years. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

Yeah, Liam was one of those characters they should've never killed off, but at the time, it made for great viewing... Same, when they killed off Sean and Robbie - two great characters, that were in it from day 1 and they decide to blow them up...

Always thought him and Berni were destined to get back together one day. :(

Well today's episode was good.....LOL at Seamus saying he was spending Christmas somewhere else when he just wanted to be left alone eating mussles and drinking poitin. :D

Advertisement