Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hairdresser in Ennis

• 27-07-2010 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi, I am looking for a recommendation for a hairdresser in Ennis, preferably central?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭Kilnababe

Try Ash over specsavers in the Market, ask for Ken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 manco68

Monument, summerhill colour,cut & blow dry only 50euros at the monment,ask for any off the girls there all good,but i like rosaleen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 clare33

manco68 wrote: »
    Monument, summerhill colour,cut & blow dry only 50euros at the monment,ask for any off the girls there all good,but i like rosaleen
    have to agree here they are very good and also try erin she is excelent to cut and style hair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 clare33

monument are excelent ,erin is the best to cut and style

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭Quiet_thought

I really like Top Secret, it's beside that wedding shop Scarlet. Been going there for a goodwhile and always come out happy. But must say, the €50 monument offer sounds very tempting.....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭dreababyluxe

Stay away from Peter Marks. I went to them about 3 weeks ago before a wedding and paid top price for a trim and the girl who cut my hair left it uneven/varying lengths and blunt. Not to mention how rude their salon manager is, nor the fact I had just paid €100 for extensions which were butchered too.

My hair is still proof of how bad that cut was, if I want it fixed I was told by other salons/professionals they'll have to take a lot of the length off(which I do not want, I've spent about 3 years trying to grow my hair out of a short bob, it grows really slow!).

And my hair extensions are now unwearable/pointless. Any girls on here who were them know that the whole point in them is for added length (sometimes volume) but again if I have them fixed, evened up, I was told they'll be the same length as the longest bits of my hair so that money went down the drain along with the price I paid to have my hair cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Cushla

Kilnababe wrote: »
    Try Ash over specsavers in the Market, ask for Ken.
    I think he's brilliant too & 1 of the few who can work well with curly hair

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

You could try Brownie's. Thats where I often go to get my hair cut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

The Guillotine or the Barber Shop are handy places as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

You could try Brownie's. Thats where I often go to get my hair cut.
    Brownies is a barbers if im not mistaken:cool:
    MikeyGorse wrote: »
    The Guillotine or the Barber Shop are handy places as well.
    not hairdressers are they?
    Stay away from Peter Marks. I went to them about 3 weeks ago before a wedding and paid top price for a trim and the girl who cut my hair left it uneven/varying lengths and blunt. Not to mention how rude their salon manager is, nor the fact I had just paid €100 for extensions which were butchered too.

My hair is still proof of how bad that cut was, if I want it fixed I was told by other salons/professionals they'll have to take a lot of the length off(which I do not want, I've spent about 3 years trying to grow my hair out of a short bob, it grows really slow!).

And my hair extensions are now unwearable/pointless. Any girls on here who were them know that the whole point in them is for added length (sometimes volume) but again if I have them fixed, evened up, I was told they'll be the same length as the longest bits of my hair so that money went down the drain along with the price I paid to have my hair cut.
    Someone mentioned them today to me saying something similar to your story,sorry to hear it.

there is another hairdresser in parnell st,soposed to be closing down v soon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

You should also stay away from Monument in Ennistymon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

Mr_Grumpy wrote: »
    You should also stay away from Monument in Ennistymon.
    Any particular reason? please tell us of you experience there.

on a slightly different note,what do you call that Barbers near the polish shop in the market area?????????:( cant think of the name..... anyway,i see they have increased their prices from 10 euro for a drycut to a whopping 12euro:eek: its a fair ol hike in these times dont ye think?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cfitz86

Hey Just wondering where you got your extensions done? im thinking about getting them done but dont know where to try ennis/limerick/galway??? i cut my hair before christmas and its taking forever to grow back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭dreababyluxe

I just have clip ins at the mo'. A friend of mine in Cork has a salon called Rapunzel's Hair which could be worth looking into, think they have a FB page if you want me to link you to it? Don't know of any places in Ennis/Limerick or nearby, sorry. I feel ur pain, waiting for hair to grow is horrible. I'm still growing mine out 2 years after the posh bob! So slow!!!

Advertisement