Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Race Traffic Advise Needed for Thursday!

Options
  • 27-07-2010 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

I am travelling from Salthill direction to Parkmore Business Park on Thursday morning - I have an appointment at 11.30 in the morning.
    I am planning on going by taxi - any advise on what time I should book my taxi for - I don't wanna be late/held up as it's a REALLY important appointment!
    Any advise would be great! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I would easily leave at least an hour beforehand, probably a bit more - you're better off waiting around 15 mins than being 5 mins late.
    If you go this route you should miss most of the traffic. All roads towards the racecourse will be jammers I suspect.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

You can hire a bicycle from €8 for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Get a hackney rather than a taxi where the fare will be fixed. Traffic and taxi meters = $$$$$$$$

Alternatively agree a fare with taxi beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭pkaces

First race is off at 1.50pm thursday so I don't think you'll be effected too much if it was me i would book it for 10.45 or 11

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

pkaces wrote: »
    First race is off at 1.50pm thursday so I don't think you'll be effected too much if it was me i would book it for 10.45 or 11
    Roads will be closed at 11:30 on Thursday and the traffic plan will be taking effect from then on. I would try and arive there for 11 at least just to be on the safe side as the guards may implement the traffic plan early if traffic is bad. It should be okay at that stage though but as you said you have to be on time so err on the side of caution.

Galway Races 2010 Traffic Plan and Map

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭BESman

biko wrote: »
    I would easily leave at least an hour beforehand, probably a bit more - you're better off waiting around 15 mins than being 5 mins late.
    If you go this route you should miss most of the traffic. All roads towards the racecourse will be jammers I suspect.

That route gets fairly congested also, Castlegar is going to be a popular shortcut.

Advertisement