Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YOUR LEAVING CERT "FANTASY READ"

Options
  • 27-07-2010 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭

What one book would you have liked to have read for your leaving cert ,or what book would you recommend for our future leaving cert students.
    My choice ,rather than the so called classics,i would like to see something more interesting like Homicide by David Simon.
    Great read about real people ,events and their motivations.True stories that are poignant ,funny,heartbreaking and memorable.There would be some great debates in class on this one.
    Also as a bonus some tips on how to get away with murder.:rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Howard Marks - Mr Nice or Fear and loathing in Las Vegas, would probably cause a national controversy and would make Joe Duffy's day. It'd surpass the headshops i'd say...:eek:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

What do you think the author is trying to say in the following...

"There's nothing more depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge"

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I think some Pratchett books on the cirriculum could be brilliant! There's so much in them - social commentary, satire, humour etc. Plenty to devour and lots of material for teachers and students to sink their teeth into. :D

Advertisement