Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ever been to Waikato NZ?

Options
  • 27-07-2010 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

If so what is it like? .... thinking of going for a job there.

Also, what kind of wages would you need to be earning to live comfortably over there?

E.g. The equivalent of an accountant here etc

Thanks in advance to any replies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

woddy wrote: »
    If so what is it like? .... thinking of going for a job there.

Also, what kind of wages would you need to be earning to live comfortably over there?

E.g. The equivalent of an accountant here etc

Thanks in advance to any replies

This is probably useless information for you but I just saw the title and to answer that, yes I have been to Waikato... I was working for a year in Hawkes Bay which is a region next to it. So travelled around alot exploring the regions. But I loved the North Island of New Zealand, people are so friendly, laid back and just really enjoyed living there. Best of luck on whatever you decide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Just spent a week in Hamilton, the main city in Waikato, nice place, pretty quiet though. Seemed like a better place to live than to visit, if you see the distinction. Where's the job based out of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 woddy

Just spent a week in Hamilton, the main city in Waikato, nice place, pretty quiet though. Seemed like a better place to live than to visit, if you see the distinction. Where's the job based out of?
    Its based out of Waikato. It sounds like a nice place - I'm guessing it would be something similar to Galway here.

I am a bit worried that the wages over there are not that much and that I'd be skint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

woddy wrote: »
    Its based out of Waikato. It sounds like a nice place - I'm guessing it would be something similar to Galway here.

I am a bit worried that the wages over there are not that much and that I'd be skint

Probably more similar to Limerick or say Sligo, it's not a touristy place but it's grand. Not a huge amount to do there.

Advertisement